How much can you fit in a Neon?

Gretchen

Mouseketeer
I have a ressie for a Dodge Neon for our Dec trip. I also have 2 kids and a husband to fit in it with all of our stuff. Husband wanted to do the cheap car and maybe get an upgrade when we picked it up, and now wants to change res. to the larger car, but as you all know the Entertain rate is gone. So.....I'll try to get another res at a good rate, but just in case, does anyone know how much you can fit? It says 11 cu ft, but in the real world of over packing (LOL) what can you fit?
Gret

I can overpack with the best of them. I had a Neon from Dollar last week. One adult, one kid. We put all luggage in trunk. We had one LARGE hardside Samsonite suitcase, 2 back packs, 2 carryon suitcases on wheels (about the max size allowed as a carryon. Could have gotton a little more in the trunk with some rearranging (but not much) and could have crammed stuff in the passenger compartment. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, yes it does help. We usually bring way too much stuff. This year: stroller, pack and play bed for the baby, booster car seat, bucket car seat and a variety of suitcases/bags.
Yikes, looks like I'll be strapped to the roof, or maybe DH?
LOL
Gret
I'm worried about the stroller, it is so bulky

For the second time last week i drove with my DD for another semester in FL for college/disney internship. We packed her 96 neon pretty full, could have fit one small person in the back seat. We rented a neon years ago in vermont with DH, DD14, DD16 and me at the time, and carried luggage for four I had a compact rented from Dollar picking up at the Courtyard DD area, i got a sebring instead, what a nice upgrade for 21.00.

wow! I'm really looking forward to an upgrade, keeping my fingers crossed.
So, do you think I'll be ok with the neon?
Thanks!

I would book a bigger car. Based on that list, it is doubtful that it will all fit. Car seats are going to eat up your back seat, so you will not have much place to put stuff (under their feet!) I can't see this one working.

If they have a compact rental car then that is what you will get unless you pay for an upgrade. If they are busy then you could be paying A LOT for the upgrade. Since it looks like you are going in early December, they may not be busy and you might get the compact. You are then at thier mercy on the upgrade fee!!

I am with Carol in this one. You are expecting to fit 10# of you know what into a 5# bag.
I would try priceline for a larger car. I got a full size for 17.00 a day through Priceline and it is for Avis.

Entertain code is gone???
I just used it about a week ago and got an intermediate for $112 ($149 with all the extras like taxes, etc)
Will they still honor the ressie and confirmation that I already have?
msdznyduck:confused:

Here is another vote to reserve a larger car... I have travelled with kids and with all their assorted stuff and it bulks up pretty fast. Especially with 2 car seats, strollers and Pack and Plays!)

A year or so ago, we reserved a full size car with National and ended up with a Buick Century. I will tell you that after everything was STUFFED into the trunk, I had to load up the front seat as well. (There were only 3 of us then) We did have a lot of luggage as my son was smaller then, large stroller, etc., and we were also on a 2 week trip so we had extra stuff. That Century was full to roof on our trip from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando 1/2 way through our 2 weeks.

If you do get to Orlando, and they do no give you a free upgrade and you are end up with the Neon, and you find out you can't fit it all in the car you will have 2 choices then..... You will have to make two trips which is very painfully with small kids, or you will have to request an upgrade and at that point you are at the mercy of the rental agent and the going rates.. Better safe than sorry is my motto.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter