How much do you tip for a pedicure?

I usually tip $5. My pedicures are $35-$40 depending on the spa pedicure you pick. I'm feeling a little cheap with my tip after reading this. Will probably bump it up a little next time.

I did want to share something I found this week. Its called a Ped Egg and I got it at Sally Beauty Supply. (have also seen at Linens and Things) This thing is the greatest thing I've ever used at getting rid of rough dry skin on my heels and feet. 2-3 minutes on each foot did a better job than the $40 pedi I had a few weeks ago. I've decided I'll be able to go alot more often for a polish change and splurge on the full pedicure every few months. Give this thing a try!!!

I would love to go to one of those schools. Is there somewhere I can look to see if they have any in my area? How did you gus find yours?

I usually tip $5. My pedicures are $35-$40 depending on the spa pedicure you pick. I'm feeling a little cheap with my tip after reading this. Will probably bump it up a little next time.

I did want to share something I found this week. Its called a Ped Egg and I got it at Sally Beauty Supply. (have also seen at Linens and Things) This thing is the greatest thing I've ever used at getting rid of rough dry skin on my heels and feet. 2-3 minutes on each foot did a better job than the $40 pedi I had a few weeks ago. I've decided I'll be able to go alot more often for a polish change and splurge on the full pedicure every few months. Give this thing a try!!!

Thanks for the tip. I've seen this, and was really curious. I have really ugly calloused feet, hence the pedicure today. I will purchase when I go to Linens and things!

I have been going to the same nail place for 5 years and never had a problem. Its the same girls everytime and one always finishes their pedicures/manicures. Its very clean and for $25 Im very happy with the quality.They all have their licenses at their workstation and the turnover rate is low. My pedicures last a good 3 weeks at a time. My daughter loves to go in also and I let her on occasion get some artwork on her toes. They do such a great job with that also! I cannot complain one bit. Im kinda shocked on some of the prices you all pay for yours though. I guess it all depends. I was telling a friend about the place that some of us go to and she couldnt believe the price we pay compared to what she was paying. Of course she had to call me the day she finally went to our place and rave- she is yet another satisfied and returning customer.. ;)

Ooh...thanks for mentioning this! My son's college job is working at Linens n Things and he will pick one up for me tomorrow--with his discount, of course!!

$0
I do'nt get them! Never have. I can't stand having someone else touch my feet.

Kimya

thank goodness ~ i'm not the only one!!:yay:

never had a regular massage either......just a little too personal for me:confused3

I would love to go to one of those schools. Is there somewhere I can look to see if they have any in my area? How did you gus find yours?

Try the yellow pages under beauty schools.

I am a girl-scout leader, and our service unit had a leader/daughter manicure function at a beauty school just this past Saturday. VERY FUN!

The students really appreciated all the people that were in for manis because they have to do a certain amount of them before they graduate. On most Saturdays, they are lucky to get 1 manicure each, if that. They were thrilled that there were just a bunch of people coming in.

I usually tip 20%. I will tip a little more if they do a little extra (like a super massage) and a little less if I feel like she hurried and did a sloppy job (maybe a little closer to 15%). Depending on where I go, I pay anywhere from $25 to $40.

I was thinking about this too! I just want to know where are you girls getting a $20 Pedicure???!!:goodvibes

A manicure and a pedicure is around $25 here. I tip 5 or 6 bucks.

We joke that the only cheap thing in Northern NJ (where I am) is the gas (which we don't pump, but even that is relative nowadays) and a mani/pedi!
:lmao:

Karen

I am in Northern NJ and have a nice, modern, clean place where I can get a mani/pedi for $20 M-Thursday and they do a great job.

I tip 15-20% and it is $25 for a pedi plus 5$ for french white on my toes. I also have acrylic nails /usually with white tips witch costs $30 for set and 15 for a fill I usually get a nail design on nails which is $10 extra so for my fill tonight it will be $ 25 plus trip so I will round it to $30 for tip.:goodvibes My nail shop is in our local Walmart and they are the best! I have tried other ones in the mall and they were horrible!

Anna: You might go to my daughters school for your services! MidWest School of Cosmetology in Normal, IL?

For anyone who wants a good (supervised) cut, color, mani/pedi, facial or waxing, the schools are so economical and a way to treat yourself on a budget!

That's where I go! I've had Renee, Jen and Nicole there, and they've all been great.

Small world! DD loves the school! The girls need the clients to get enough hours to graduate. I encourage anyone who has a school near them to give it a try!
My daughter is mostly in the hair salon. She does a great job with cut and color. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter