How much film to bring

lea82501

Earning My Ears
I know this quesiton depends a lot on each individual person but do you have any tips on how much we should bring. Will be at WDW for 12 days in September on our honeymoon. First time for both of us since we were small kids. Staying at DXL.

How many rolls do you bring?

I origianlly took 4 roles, but wound up buying 4 more for a total of 8. Of course, I'm a person who will take pictures of the architecture as well as what's going on around me. So I would go with at least 10 roles if you're going to be there for 12 days. Just my thought.

Steven

Contemporary '72
P.O. '00

Buy one 24 exposure roll for each full day you are at WDW.

Film is EXPENSIVE in WDW, so better to have extra then buy it while you are on vacation.

hint...
Bring with you pre-filled out film developer envelopes (like Mystic photo). Pre-write out the check payment. Pre-address the envelope.

When you are done with a roll (or two). Use the
film developing envelopes - drop the Mystic photo
envelope in the out going mail at the resort.

When you arrive home - your pictures will be waiting for you at the post office (or mail box).
-or- at least soon after you arrive home.

I got this hint from a friend. I plan to do the same for our vacation in Nov.

PS- Congratulations on your up coming wedding !

Check out
www.giftsofalifetime.com

for some magical idea's.

I brought 2 rolls for each day we were there. We had plenty, but only came home with 1&1/2 extra rolls. Better to be safe than sorry. We also have 2 kids, so that might make the difference in the amount of pics you take.

All Star Music 10/4/98
Next trip All Star Movies 05/3/02-05/12/02

For our first trip my DH and I brought about 16 rolls of film home with us to be developed. We were there 8 days/7 nights. We didn't bring that much initially and we ended up buying a lot more there. Definitely bring way more than you think you will need. Kmart has a 6 pack of Fuji film-200 speed and 144 exposures on sale right now for $7.99. It's on sale until Saturday, March 3rd. I think it's better to bring extra film home with you than to have to buy it at WDW. And it's not like it won't ever get used at home.

We took a lot of pictures of each other with characters and a lot of our hotel, all the parks and all the shows. Be sure to ask your server to take your picture together with characters at the character meals. Ask at any of the other restaurants too. All the servers we had were happy to do this for us. Also, if you see another couple taking pictures of each other, offer to take their picture together and they'll more than likely do the same for you. That way you will have plenty of pictures together on your honeymoon! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! And have a great honeymoon! :D

Melissa

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

dancecindy.gif

Beach Club-July '99
Coronado Springs-Nov '01

Definitely one roll per day. I also recommend that you bring 1 or 2 disposable cameras with flash that you can ask staff, CMs or other guests to take your picture together! Many people are skittish about handing over or handling an expensive camera and now the disposables really do take good pictures.

Hoosll Do It
Cont -'84
Poly - '90
WL - Dec '00 - Big 5-0
WL - Aug/Sep '02 ?!?

When my fiance and I were there last year, we took about 1 1/2 rolls of pictures a day, and we are not usually the type to take a lot of pictures, as we often are having so much fun we forget!
thanks for the tip about sending your pics out before you leave! Great Idea!
Jenne

You can never have too much. Film is very expensive in the parks and takes up so little space in your bag. We took 25 rolls for 11 day trip in Nov 2000., but DD and I are scrapbook nuts, so some of the pictures were for that. Best of luck on your wedding and enjoy your honeymoon.

but bring twice as much as you'll think you need! If you really enjoy taking pictures, you'll find yourself taking multiple shots of a specific event-from different angles, with different camera settings etc. If you have young children, those priceless looks on their faces each time they discover something new will be captured on film again,and again, and again...!Before you know it, you've gone through roll after roll!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter