How much spending $ for a family of 4?

EllieBeth

Earning My Ears
I know it will vary greatly, but I was hoping to get some opinions on how much money we will be spending per day at Disneyland. It will be me, DH, DS 4 and DD 2. This would not include the hotel or tickets, just spending money (food, SMALL souvineers, etc.). We would probably eat breakfast outside the park, but lunch and maybe dinner inside. We are going in Ocotber if that matters.

Thanks so much!

Beth

Oh gosh....so hard to say! :)

We were just there for eight days and I would say we probably spent an average of about $200 a day. This was for a family of four. Now, you can do it much cheaper....and you can also spend much more! If you eat at McDonald's and such you save lots of money. We did eat at nice restaurants twice a day. We had three brunches at Goofy's Kitchen during our stay. It's a tad pricey, but so worth it!

Forgot to mention....your two year old will eat free at some of the buffets. Our two year old was free at the Minnie and Friends Character breakfast inside Disneyland and also free at Goofy's Kitchen. Good to know!

Well, it's been almost 2 years since we've been to DL but we are also going back in Oct. (3rd&4th). I am planning on about $100-125 per day for food, souveniers, etc. We also have a family of 4 (me, dh, dd4, dd17months). We have a continental breakfast at the hotel and I'm thinking about packing a lunch since our hotel room has small fridge so I can bring our own lunchmeats, etc. So we'll probably just be eating dinner in the park and probably a few yummy snacks. We're definitely on a budget so I know people spend a lot more but for us the foods not that important so I'd rather save the money for souveniers and such! Have fun! I know we will!

You might want to take a look at www.dlresortinfo.com It will give you an idea of what prices are like for various meals. You will know your families needs more then we will. I know that our last trip was about $600 in 3 days. But that included a tour for my dh, and my kids are a bit older then yours (4 and 8).

Souvineers really vary too. Depends if you are the "give them everything they ask for " parent or a budget minded parent! We have one of each in our family. You are looking at about $15 for one of those light spinners the kids like to hold during night time shows and parades. $20-35 for a tshirt, 30-65 for a sweatshirt. Coat was $75. My son pcicked a book on the last trip, it was about $20. My dd got a music box for about $15. You can get little things for $3-6, like keychains, fridge magnets and pens. Oh, a big hit with my kids was Mr. Potato head parts in DCA. They are $18 for what ever you can fit in a box. You dont have to buy the body there, just buy a cheap one at the toy store, it takes up too much room in the box.

Yes, those Mr. Potato head boxes are the best souveneirs! I filled two boxes, every little space of air inside that box was full! LOL It was pretty much bursting at the top and they said it was fine. Such neat pieces; lots of the Disney snack treats, Donald Duck hat, feet, Goofy hat, princess stuff, Toy Story, etc. etc. I will be getting more when we go in December. Also would make great gifts! My two year old loves them and plays with all Mr. Potato Head daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter