How Often and What Size Unit?

Mcmouse

Mouseketeer
How often do you visit Disney and what size DVC unit do you stay in?
Do you drive or fly?

Mike

1.5 times per year
1 bedroom
drive

We are 2 adults and always go to WDW one of the first 3 weeks of December. Then every other year we go in the spring (to squeeze 3 trips in 1 AP). We always stay in a 1 bedroom (except this year we are staying longer and staying the weekend at BCV so it will be a studio for 4 of the 8 nights, this will be interesting to say the least-we love our King size bed :love: ). We always drive. We are only 11 or so hours away, so we put the car in automatic pilot and cruise down :moped: .

Number of trips varies widely from year to year some years we skip it ans spend extra time at VB and HH other years once, twice, three, or even four times to Mickey's house.

At Disney if its DH, myself and the kids one bedroom. If its me and the kids maybe a studio or a one bedroom if its summer and I plan on more resort time for relaxing. At VB and HH always a two bedroom!

We drive! I hate flying and if I can get there without flying and xanax I will. :banana:

Either one trip or two trips a year - depends on our situation (and how many vacation days we've used up on Las Vegas!)

DW and I really enjoy a 1BR for the two of us. Sometimes we'll get a Studio if A) it's a short stay, B) we're tight for points or C)on arrival day we'll get a Studio at a different resort from the one we're staying at.

We fly in from Phoenix and always rent a car.

Thanks for asking - it's not often I get to talk "unit size" on the DIS boards....

We fly in and rent a car. It is primarily just the two of us in a one bedroom villa. We visit three to four times per year -- two full weeks, one five night and usually one non-dvc four night conference.

Generally 3 trips per year for the last 5 years -
2BR ( for extended family trip ),
1BR ( for grandchildren's trip ),
studio ( trip just for DW and me ).

We've always used air transportation as the drive from NH is a bit long.

I go for 13 days in Oct., 10 days in early Dec., and a month in Jan. The size of the villa depends on who "visits" me. If I'm solo or if DH will be flying down, I get a studio, sometimes a 1-bedrm. If we are having more than just the 2 of us, we need a 2-bedrm, as personal space is important to us, and the 2-bedrm affords us a great buffer zone in the living room. (The LR is also a nice place to just hang out with family/guests.) :teeth:

My DH flies, and I prefer to take the train, as I usually have some solo time before/after his trips. (I have lots of free time, but he doesn't. And I love the train!) :banana:

2x per year, average 10 days each stay.
Occasionally 3x per year.

Alternate between studio and 1 bedroom.

Sometimes fly, sometimes drive.

Thanks for asking - it's not often I get to talk "unit size" on the DIS boards....[/QUOTE]

I got it Dr Tomorrow. :rotfl:

We usually go 3 times a year. With kids we get a 2 br and without the kids we get a studio. We always fly but may try to drive this December. I am not looking forward to it though!

We fly.

We usually stay in Studios, but when family is coming for a common special vacation, we book a 2 bedroom. I will probably only book a 1 bedroom if we really want to go and that's all that's available.

We always will go for in May for the Flower & Garden show at Epcot, in October for the Food and Wine and Halloween festivities, and in December. This year an extra trip was in August, next year we have stays in January and June booked as well. Long weekends or trips of 5 nights are our norm.

Bobbi :flower:

3 to 5 times (have been more a couple of years)

drive (although I have flown a few times)

studio if it is just me or me and other person - I have also stayed in 1 and 2 bedroom with friends/family.

won't stay in a 1-bedroom again unless it is a solo trip. I am too nice, I will take the sleeper sofa and my guest, generally my mother gets the bed.

after a couple of nights that sleeper sofa can get to you. I prefer the 2 queen beds in OKW studios.

It changes from year to year but on average it would be around 2.5 trips a year. In Oct. we always get a 2 BR. I did a 1 BR when I was there by myself in Feb. (my points, I get to use them as I want). If there are only a couple of us, it's usually a studio but I do love those 1 BR's!

Cyn

So far...Zero...but after our 1st trip home :banana: in December, we'll alternate between 1 & 2 X years (at least until the next add-on!)

Currently, we fly - airfare for the 3 of us that are currently making the trip is cheaper than driving & staying overnight. I'm a lightweight, gave up driving more than 10 hours/day years ago...probably had something to do w/the monsters in the back seat.

Mcmouse said:
How often do you visit Disney and what size DVC unit do you stay in?
Do you drive or fly?

Mike

1-2 times per year

Studio-Beach Cottage (depends on our mood and points balances and family guests) - typically a 1 or 2BR unit

Fly

Cheers
jaysue

At least once a year. Definately a one bedroom. We had studios on our last trip and decided we've been spoiled so a one bedroom from now one. We've done both fly and drive.

Generally, 3 trips a year and we always fly, although in a few years we'll be retired and one of my requirements is to move within driving distance of WDW.
Although you specified Disney, Hilton Head is one of our 3 trips, in a 1 BR. DH and I make another trip to WDW in a 1 BR. The third trip is my solo trip (so WE go 2 times, I go 3) in a studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter