How Often and What Size Unit?

Work for airline--but drive some too!

2-3 times per year (with record being 7!)

average stay 8 nights.....

Always stayed in studio, but November trip will be in 1BR and I think we have enought points to do 1BR or 2BR from now on (just hubby and I on most trips, but when family comes will do 2BR).

We havent been "home" since we bought.(Just got our deed & title insurance policy today) I figure we will go 1-2 times a year. Already have 3 trips in the works. Our family of 4 will stay in a 1 bedroom if its just us. We always fly. Too long of a drive for us.

Unit size, eh?....I'm not touching that one with a ten... :banana: ...oh, never mind.... :rotfl:

Seems my family's motto is "why be normal?"....we don't really have a normal schedule of visits or rooms or anything. We've visited anywhere from 1-5 times in a year, stayed for anywhere from 1-15 days, in studios, 1br's and 2br's.

That said, our plan for the future is 1-2 trips a year (actually 3 in one calendar year, then a year off or something like that....) all in 1br's, except when my parents join us (about once per "cycle"). At some point we'll switch to 2br's every time and I have a feeling that will be sooner rather than later. I recently discovered that my middle child will finally sleep in a separate room while we're away from home, which makes the 2br option much more practical.

Our one constant....we drive. With our family size, and our reasonable proximity to WDW (6-7 hours by car) it is a lot less costly to drive, and only takes a couple more hours if we count the time it would take us door to door both flying and driving. Plus we can be on our own schedule rather than an airline's.

Every other year. Fly. Two Bedroom, one week.

Actually next week we put the kids on the couch in a one bedroom so we can do an extended family trip in two years. But the "mean" is supposed to be one two bedroom, seven nights, every other year.

We are a 24 hour drive from Disney.

Twice a year - one 10 day stay one bedroom and one 5 day stay Conceirge Level AKL.

We go 2-3 times a year, for 2 long weekends and one longer stay (7-8 days). For the short stays the studios are fine but the convenience of a 1 BR for us on longer stays can't be beat.

Lesley said:
....Our one constant....we drive. With our family size, and our reasonable proximity to WDW (6-7 hours by car) it is a lot less costly to drive, and only takes a couple more hours if we count the time it would take us door to door both flying and driving. Plus we can be on our own schedule rather than an airline's.
You are so lucky!!!! That is one thing I wish we could do as well. If we relocate south I want to be within a day's drive (I figure about 500 miles max).

Have been there 3 times this year and going in Oct and Dec.
Flying from Philly with Southwest, Mostly $49 flights. Now that we are members hope to go at least 3 times each year. It's usually just DW and me staying in studios. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Well, I've only got 1 DVC trip under my belt, as I'm still a newbie, but it was in an SSR studio, as will my trip next month, and my trip in March. But I am staying in a 1 bedroom for my bf 1st ever trip to WDW in 10/06. If all goes according to plan that may actually be our honeymoon. If that's the case, my father already said he'd give me some extra $$ for us to stay a little longer and use $$ instead of points to do like a weekend at AKL before switching to SSR. But that will be a suprise my (hopefully, by then) husband. :love:

And I hate driving :moped: so flying is always a must. Too long to drive from beantown :rotfl:

I seem to be settling into a twice-per-year pattern, which is great. Room sizes vary between studio, 1BR, and 2BR depending on who all comes along. Usually fly.

MdmMim, I'm drooling at the thought of spending that much time at WDW. You are so fortunate!! :flower:

Once a year for how often and studio or 1 bedroom for our family of 5 and we drive every Dec. We stay for 2 weeks but only DVC Sun - Thursday we all Star it on the weekends.

I can't believe I am going to admit this, but we have started flying and I don't think we will drive again---we are only 8.5 hrs away. DH and I never argue, unless it is a road trip, we both don't like to drive, and both hate driving in traffic and getting lost. The last time we drove we argued like siblings all the way down....
Now we take the 1st flight out of Pcola, usually 5am, and are in our towncar at 8am.

We go 2-3 times a year, always a studio, I am afraid to get a 1BR., because I know we would never want a studio again! ;)

Always drive down from Virginia,

Try to stay at a DVC resort we haven't have not been to yet or whatever we're in the mood for. Will try a deluxe resort out in the future (GF or Poly). Our favorite so far is BCV.

We go for 6 nights/year (not including driving). This year it will be 10 nights.
We've gone 2x in the winter (Jan. and Feb.) and in 2008 we'll go in late Jan. and early July as well. I love when the parks aren't crowded! My DD's get to see and do more! ANd no heat!

We like the 1 bdrm villas. But have stayed in a studio, a 1 bdrm, and a 2 bdrm. Studio can be crowded, but we stay wherever we have enough pts for and it depends how long we are staying, etc. We usually shoot for a 1 bdrm though.

3-4 DVC vacations/year. Not all vacations are at WDW.

We stay studios (rarely), 1-BR for our family at BCV or VWL. 2-BR for our family at VB, HH and OKW. Occasionaly a GV.

Been driving mostly, but we always eye the airfare and will fly if we get RT from Chicago for <$150.

Average 3-5 times a year. Studios for weekend golf trips with DH and friends. Definently 1BR/2BR with little guy and/or extended family. Definently fly. Have used SW at $45 each way (Normally $55 to $85 each way). They have the late Friday or really early Sat. flights. DH would not consider driving.

We are averaging about 3 WDW trips per year (5 or 6 days). Sometimes it's just me and one of our two kids (great bonding time), sometimes both kids and a grandparent, sometimes just me and DH. The common link there is me! I always go. Still bugs me that DVC sends everything in my husband's name but that's another story...

We always stay in a 1 or 2 bedroom. Grand Villas planned for OKW family gathering and Vero beach stay next year. We must fly - Minnesota is too far to drive and still have any vacation days left to enjoy.

6 days left until BCV 2 bedroom trip with my kids and Dad...this should be interesting..... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter