How scary is the Clown Slide at BW Pool?

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
Just looking for an honest opinion...how scary looking is the clown slide at the BW pool? My 3 1/2 son has a recently developed fear of clowns, but mostly it is clowns in person.....does this slide tend to scare children?

Does anyone have a good picture of the slide? Maybe if he sees it prior it will be less scary...Thanks

It looks like a combination of Bozo the Clown and the clown from the Stephen King book "IT".

IMO, I don't think you will have any problems. If you are up close to it you don't even know what it is supposed to be. My suggestion is to not even tell him what it is supposed to be. Just tell him it is a water slide and thats all.

My daughters (3 & 5) didn't really seem to pay any attention to it

...........but it scares me (38......).

I just can't understand this scary thing at all.

It's a big clown face and the mouth is open and the slide comes through the mouth.

My 4 y/o granddaughter loved it and thought it was funny to come sliding out the mouth.

Is he afraid of water slides or just clowns? If it is clowns, well you can't see the clown when you go down it. If it is water slides, my youngest was afraid of water slides and he started small with the little one at SAB and then he was ready for the BW slide.

Oh my gosh......

It's hard to even look at the pictures without shivering in fear.........

Please, no more pictures........

I have a funny story re: the Clown Slide from our recent trip to BWV.

I finally got DW to watch newly 1-year-old DS in the wading pool so that I could take my first trip down the Keister Coaster. I climbed to the top of the stairs and waited my turn with various other excited Keisterers. The Lifeguard at the top was "earning her ears" as were many other cast members we saw on this trip, and I thought it was odd how quickly she was sending sliders one after the other. She would say go just after they turned the first corner of the slide near the top. When it was my turn, I waited for the "Go" and went, FAST. Unlike most of the kids who go down sitting up, I laid on my back rocket-style. Nearing the last turn, I alarmingly saw a girl of about 8 or 9 years old cruising down the slide ahead of me. I reached up to stop myself and ended up cutting my finger on the top of the slide. I also succeeded in crashing into the little girl and coming out of the chute at the same time as her. She was a sport, though, and when I asked how she was, she said fine and swam away.

Moral of the story: Be your own judge before sliding down the slide.

If you have a fear of clowns it is VERY scary!

:earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

Honestly, there is no way you can avoid seeing that clown face. A phobia is a phobia, whether it's of bugs, heights or clowns. If your child has a fear of clowns, show him a picture of the pool area first. If he reacts badly, don't go over to that side of the Resort. There are other pools you can use.

it-slide.jpg

( based on the image at http://www.wdwig.com/bw38.jpg )

As an adult, even I think that clown is freaky looking, the original one, not to mention Werner's rendition. I have no desire to visit that pool.

The clown slide is horrible, it will give you nightmares for weeks. Avoid this pool at all costs, matter of fact avoid this whole resort at all costs, there is a definite Stephen King infuence throughout the resort between the clown slide from "It" and and the long, scary hallways from "The Shining", if you look down the long, long, long hallways long enough you will see the ghosts from the Shining slowly coming towards you! It is enough to scare the crap out of anyone, definitely avoid this resort and pool.

Werner .......... OMG ............ LOL ............ :jester:

That's what I see every time I look at that BW clown! :p

And those halls ......... they look like the endless hallway from the HM, honestly. Just picture the candlabra floating in one of those BW halls. :eek:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

No more please..........stop.......stop......stop....

We've even swam in the pool at 1:00am.... and LIVED!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter