• Within 6 months of DVC presentation thru resale

• Over 6 months from DVC presentation from Disney

• Over 6 months from DVC presentation thru resale

• From Disney without seeing DVC presentation

• Resale without seeing DVC presentation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disney Adventurer

Mouseketeer
I've seen a couple of polls on when did you buy but haven't seen anything on how soon did you buy your initial point purchase. As for me it was resale about 6 months after the DVC presentation.

hi: we originally talked to a guide in 93 but didn't do a formal presentation. financially, it wasn't feasible at that time due to the point minimum (i think it was 230 pts), the lack of decent financing, and younger children. we bought finally at bwv sight unseen. we finally met our guide a year or so later on one of our trips.

On the last day of our 2001 vacation of 8 nights at AKL we decided to go see what the actual rooms were like........ We discussed the options with Byron and a week after returnign home we wired the deposit.

The rest is history !

The Girvin Family

Eight years from the time of original presentation. Same CM closed the deal that originally presented to us!!!

We actually took a mini tour in Oct '91, camping with inlaws at FW, DH & I went for a drive and happened by DVC, went to commodore house and the guide gave us a brief description of what was going on. We then donned on hard hats and went into the first buildings. I remember the master bath having a scale in there, I replied, "Hey, if I'm on vacation, I certainly do not want to see how much weight I'm gaining" never have seen one since.

We then went home and dreamt about it for 5 months and decided to GO FOR IT-In March '92,
DH & I stayed at BC and took the tour with guide Kim Moore. He did not pressure us at all.
We signed intent and got our sundae and picture in the hot air balloon. Never have had one
regret except not getting more points. We love DVC!!

Kim

owkmember92, that's pretty cool, putting on the hard hats and getting to see it in it's infancy, are they going to do that with the new resorts, when BCV goes on presale do you think they will give a "hard hat" tour if you want one?

I took the DVC tour after I purchased!

The purchase was sort of sight unseen, but that's not really true. I had stayed at WL so I knew the theming of VWL. And thanks to this board, I even saw a lot of photographs from the VWL.

For me, this board was a better saleperson than any sales person from DVC!

We were leaving for the airport, but took a detour to the DVC, this was December 91. We didn't have time to watch the video presentation, just toured the samples, spoke to the guide. We had time to sign the papers, and DVC drove us to the airport just in time to catch out flight home. I remember we planned our first visit for January 92 on the flight home!! Too think that we were undecided at that time about taking the DVC tour, lucky for us that we did!!!

We had stayed with family several times at OKW and a couple times at BWV. We never took a formal tour. We bought a resale at HH several years later without actually visiting the resort firsthand.

We purchased at the DVC presentation in Aug. 2000....but had fully planned to do so. We first heard of DVC back in 1994 when there was absolutely no way we could afford it, but wished we could join. So even though we bought at the presentation, we waited 6 years to do so!

I'd been reading about the development and building of the DVC Resort (OKW) for years in WD Co. Annual Reports. It wasn't until October of 1994 that I finally saw OKW. I took home some sales info after my tour and called my Rep three weeks later, much to his surprize. I guess he never thought he'd hear from this single gal again. :earsgirl:

My DVC purchase was one of the best things I've done.

do you think they will give a "hard hat" tour if you want one?

Disney Adventurer, I have not seen or checked on "hard hat" tours on any of the other resorts being built. Going by the construction sites, they always have big covered up fences so you can not even see whats going on.

We purchased 4 years after we went on the first presentation. Thought we couldn't afford it! What a joke! We could have saved so much if we would have bought in sooner.

we were pretty sure we were going to join when we headed down last August. We took the tour on a Tuesday, then signed on Friday before heading home. We came home and decided within a week that we should have bought more points. So, we did a 100 point add-on about a week later!

I can't remember exactly what order it all happened, but I know I got alot of info from this board (the good, bad & ugly), some nice ideas from the video, convinced my husband it was worth looking into and then had a few questions answered over the phone by a guide. I think he almost fell off his chair when I said, ok then let's do it. No DVC presentation or tour. Actually we had never even seen the Boardwalk - we bought sight unseen and haven't looked back since. :)

Not soon enough! We did not really know what it was before these boards! Saw the Vacation Club kiosks and the term "Timeshare" and ran away laughing that anyone would spend thousands (just a guess from overhearing members in TestTrack line). 18 months, 3 trips, and thousands of $ later (spent on travel packages), found this site and figured it out!Sus:)

Originally posted by Disney Adventurer
owkmember92, that's pretty cool, putting on the hard hats and getting to see it in it's infancy, are they going to do that with the new resorts, when BCV goes on presale do you think they will give a "hard hat" tour if you want one?

We had the same type of hard hat tour at VB. We purchased the VB add-on, then drove down to see it.

When we originally toured OKW in March '92, it was not yet available in NH, so we went back Memorial Day weekend to join and stay. In May we had been told about the free pass program, but that it was not quite a "done deal". We're skeptics, so we waited till it was official before joining.

We visited WDW in February 1997 for the first time in years. We stayed at All Star Music and were enchanted with The Mouse. 6 weeks later we bought our resale at OKW :). We bought a resale because (1) it was cheaper, (2) we paid with cash and didn't need financing and (3) the OKW resale included park passes through 1999 and BWV through Disney did not. The park passes alone "saved" us thousands of dollars.

On our last day at Epcot, we talked to a rep but was unable to do the presentation. After getting home, we discussed DVC's pros and cons and felt as much as we visit this would be just right for us and the family. WE used the internet and found info on VB and along with the info from our rep, we bought right in. We used it several times and its wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter