How to fix a little hole in a knit shirt

LisaS

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping someone can help me. I was attempting to load one of my cats into a carrier and he whipped around and sank his claws into a fairly new pique knit (LL Bean calls it "honeycomb" knit) polo shirt and made a couple of very small holes. (I usually wear an old shirt when taking my cats to the vet... what was I thinking?!?!) I can see that threads were actually torn so I would like to keep these little holes from getting larger since at the moment you wouldn't really notice them.

I used to sew and I remember there was a product called Fray Check (or something similar) and I was thinking that might work, provided I don't use too much of it. But I thought maybe someone here might have a better suggestion. It's been so long since I did any sewing or crafting, maybe there is something else that would do what I need.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter