How to get the most out of two days?

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
Hi all,

I can't delete my other posts so apology for the double posts. Anyway, I did a little more homework and for right now, for the saturday night between christmas and new year's the best I can possibly do is $269 at the Portofino Bay Hotel. that is the only one with ANY discount that I am eligible for, and all of the AAA discounted rooms are sold out at the other two properties. I know it sounds high, but for one night at possibly the busiest saturday of the entire year I will deal with it... though I will keep reading these boards hoping to find a better rate closer to the date.

Anyway, my question is, how do I get the absolute most out of my two days/one night at USF? I am seriously considering flying in the night before and staying at the airport so that we can drive right to PBH and check in and get our room keys and then go to USF so I have two FULL days.

This is what I know so far... Automatic access to "Universal Express" is definately the biggest timesaver. This should help us do the major attractions fairly painlessly even though I'm sure crowds will be insane.

It looks like they do something like an early entry day on Sundays for Universal Studios... It says they are suspended until further notice, but it sounds like something for me to keep in the back of my mind in case they bring it back during that really busy time of the year.

I think we are going to get the ticket special that they have going right now and maybe end up going back to universal for a day or two while we are staying at disney to finish up something if we feel like we missed out (why not with the free days?) Does that ticket act as a parkhopper or do you only get admission to one park on one day?

Where are the best places to eat in the parks and do I need to make reservations (and how do I do that?)

I think that's it for now. Any hints on getting the most out of our two days of precious front of the line access would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa

I think your idea about flying in the night before is an excellent one, in fact I would go one step more by staying closer to the parks than the airport. There are several less expensive hotels that are right across the street (in your searches try Caravan Court as a street location) from Universal such as Holiday Inn, Days Inn, Clarion, etc. That way you can wake early the next morning, switch over to the on site, and start your day at the parks refreshed from your travels.
:smooth:

Best place to eat in the parks is MYTHOS is IOA. Fantastic food, atmosphere, and service. They do take reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter