How to get to Port - Port Canaveral

HeyJude224

Earning My Ears
Sailing in June 2014. Thinking of going day early and doing a NASA tour. What are the transportation options we should consider?

If we do Orlando, is there an official hotel that would get us to the port?

Thanks

Sailing in June 2014. Thinking of going day early and doing a NASA tour. What are the transportation options we should consider?

If we do Orlando, is there an official hotel that would get us to the port?

Thanks

If you want to do a day outside of the Disney Resort, you should consider either driving there yourself or renting a car. To park at the port is a very minimal expense compared to the hassle and price of always waiting for cabs or town cars. We priced out a cab from Orlando International to Port Canaveral and it was well over $200 one way for 2 people! Taking a cab or renting a town car can get wicked expensive especially if you want do multiple stops or want to do a NASA tour. Official Disney transport to Port Canaveral is only from the Walt Disney Resort hotels or from Orlando International the day of your cruise and it coasts around $70 per person round trip. Well worth it and you can do a day in the parks if you don't want to be driving yourself. :thumbsup2

there is a total 7 of us flying into Orlando a day b/4 the cruise staying @ the Embassy suites @ the Airport (they have a shuttle to and from the Airport
We have made arrangements with Mears Destinations Services to pick us up the day of the Cruise and take us to the Ship and after the cruise pick us up and take us to the Airport (1-407-843-2404)
Total Charge $441.00

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Transportation has been stressing me out! We are staying by the airport the night before the cruise, and all of the shuttles are SO expensive for a big group (there are 6 of us). After reading info on the board, I'm guessing our best bet is to rent a van. When we get off the ship we want to do the NASA thing, too, so I'm guessing renting a car is probably the way to go.

Can you do the Disney Transportation 1 way?

Our idea is...
Friday fly to MCO
Rent a car one way to Port Canveral
Spend the night in Port Canaveral
Figure our local transportation to the ship
Disney transportation back to the airport

Are we crazy?

Can you do the Disney Transportation 1 way?

Our idea is...
Friday fly to MCO
Rent a car one way to Port Canveral
Spend the night in Port Canaveral
Figure our local transportation to the ship
Disney transportation back to the airport

Are we crazy?

I'm about 90% positive that you can get the transport back to MCO alone. I would call the customer service line to arrange that so you know it's being done in person by a DCL rep. :thumbsup2 Also, most hotels can call a cab for your party the morning of the cruise so your not all standing outside trying to hale a cab or other transport.

I too am stressed about transportation from and to airport. Just found cheapest fares on Super Shuttle. It's especially cheap if you take a shared shuttle or are traveling with a larger group. I hadn't thought of taking the Disney Shuttle one way on the way back. I'm definitely going to check on that option. Any others with suggestions?

You can rent a car from MCO then return it at cape canaveral! Most car rentals places have a free shuttle to the port if you are returning a car to them in cape canaveral!

We are coming the day before as well. We are flying into Orlando on Oct 18th, then renting a car, driving to Cape Canaveral and staying at Radisson Resort at the Port and they will shuttle us to the Port the next day...and we have a rental vehicle ready to pick up when we are done with our cruise. Rental Cars from Budget were $51 & $76 (total $127) and hotel was $120 with Groupon offer. ;) Hope you get it all figured out!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter