Hurricanes

animagique

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been to Hurricanes in Disney Village? Ive never been in it but always thought it looked good. So is it like your local disco but sparkled with Disney magic, or is it a place you would avoid? Is it the teen capital of Disney Village?

Sarah

I've not been myself, but have read the section in Simon's book about it.
Weekdays are usually quieter than weekends when it attracts alot of the locals.

They have different things on each night :

Sunday - Singles night
Monday - International night
Tuesday - Ladies night
Wednesday - 1980's night
Thursday - Tropical heat wave
Friday - Fun night
Saturday - Night fever party

I would have to say it is a pretty unremarkable disco, and the bar service can be seriously s-l-o-w. But it does get busy with the local crowd, and I would say it is more of a 20s and 30s scene than a teenagers' hang-out. And it does usually keep going to 4am too!

First of all this disco is not for local residents, only for people staying overnight at DIS. I was there on th 13th of September 2007 and it was not very full, though we stayed up to 4.00 am.

The disco is okay, nothing special, but you really have fun there with the other people dancing to 80s and 90s music. The crowed rocked the house, everyone was drunk and partying.

The really funny part was to see all those drunks in the morning again, having a real bad hangover in the park!

Loved it! :banana:

I went there a couple of years ago and it was full of CM's and locals... A nice place but nothing too fancy!

we went last year and it was d-e-a-d, the drinks were rather expensive (surprise surprise) so we walked in...got hit on by bouncers (!) and left!

think we're giving it another go in january though! there are 6 of us now on a girly trip...course we are going to go!

welcome to the disboards saschaforever!

yeah i will be going in there in march prob everynight of our stay so i will have a good reason to chicken out of the big rides lol

Hi saschaforever and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

If its convention time at Disney I'd say its more like your local pick up joint filled with middle aged men that should know better!

Unless you really feel the need to dance I would give it a wide berth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter