Husband said YES!

jblb1020

Mouseketeer
Well I would like to thank everyone for all the great advice to convince my husband to join DVC. Last night after talking it over and telling him all the info my husband said yes and the papers are on their way! I am a little nervous but I know that it will pay for itself over time. Thanks again!!!
:cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1:

that is great news. You will love DVC, since you are a frequent visitor to WDW. You will save over what you are paying now at other deluxe resorts. let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.
Roger

:dancer: :dancer: party: :dancer: :dancer:

From our family to yours,WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Hope you will enjoy this for years to come!!!!!! Welcome HOME!

Where did you buy? SSR, BCV. BWV???? Anywhere is great!
Cheers to our new DVCer's!

~DW ::MinnieMo

We bought into SSR. It was a decision I went back and forth with but in the long run I think it was the best decision for our family. I can't wait till our first trip home but since we just went on the Disney Magic for seven days in Feb I think I will have to wait till next year.

:welcome:

Congratulations! We've never regreted it. My DH often says it's the best thing we did for our family. He likes knowing we always have a vacation in the planning stages. It makes it easier to put up w/ corporate life.

Welcome home neighbor!

That's how I feel! My husband and I both work full time and its nice to know that we will be able to get away atleast once a year as a family to a place that we can all enjoy and make memories with our children. Having to work full time and not being able to be with my children during the day it means the world to me to spend a quality vacation with them and I really look forward to it every year.

That is great! I was nervous at first too. I now think it was one of the best decisions of my life! Congrats. :cool1:

jblb1020 said:
Well I would like to thank everyone for all the great advice to convince my husband to join DVC. Last night after talking it over and telling him all the info my husband said yes and the papers are on their way! I am a little nervous but I know that it will pay for itself over time. Thanks again!!!
:cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1:

Congrats!

So...........

Which suggestion in convincing DH was the MOST helpful?

Inquiring Minds want to know.

-Tony

How exciting! Congratulations, and have fun planning your next trip. We bought two years ago, and my kids and I have so much fun talking about past trips and future trips. We'll get the park brochures out and reminisce or plan for next time.

For us, those villas make all the difference in the world. Who would think that a washer and dryer could improve a vacation so much? :)

I was a little nervous about buying, too, but I honestly haven't regretted it for a minute. I've said this on here before, but my saving habits have actually improved because I have a wonderful incentive to stay financially healthy so I can keep the DVC!

I'm with the other poster who wanted to know what the biggest selling point was, if you don't mind sharing that.
Shannon

edit: I just re-read the thread and realized that the other poster was "Tony," who will always be one of my favorites after he made me laugh so hard once I spit coffee all over myself (fortunately, I was wearing an old shirt ;))

Congrats! We too just purchased in SSR (sight unseen). I am a little nervous about that, but it really makes sense to purchase a timeshare when one visits as often as we do. Here's to many more years at the World! :cool1:

Congratulations, and Welcome Home! We, too, are new owners at SSR and can't wait for our first trip home.

shantay1008 said:
How exciting! Congratulations, and have fun planning your next trip. We bought two years ago, and my kids and I have so much fun talking about past trips and future trips. We'll get the park brochures out and reminisce or plan for next time.

For us, those villas make all the difference in the world. Who would think that a washer and dryer could improve a vacation so much? :)

I was a little nervous about buying, too, but I honestly haven't regretted it for a minute. I've said this on here before, but my saving habits have actually improved because I have a wonderful incentive to stay financially healthy so I can keep the DVC!

I'm with the other poster who wanted to know what the biggest selling point was, if you don't mind sharing that.
Shannon

edit: I just re-read the thread and realized that the other poster was "Tony," who will always be one of my favorites after he made me laugh so hard once I spit coffee all over myself (fortunately, I was wearing an old shirt ;))

Shantay1008:

Thank you for the kind words. A 'jokester' like myself, main goal in life is the 'nasal spray' of liquid onto the computer screen, but the spitting of coffee is so close, that I count it as a win!"

Said post didn't have anything to do with Giant PINK mints, and terminal missionaries did it?

Thanks again,

-Tony

ETA: I will gladly pick up your dry cleaning tab!

greenban said:
Shantay1008:

Thank you for the kind words. A 'jokester' like myself, main goal in life is the 'nasal spray' of liquid onto the computer screen, but the spitting of coffee is so close, that I count it as a win!"

Said post didn't have anything to do with Giant PINK mints, and terminal missionaries did it?

Thanks again,

-Tony

ETA: I will gladly pick up your dry cleaning tab!
Actually, it was the one about 12 extra years with They Who Can't Be Named...do you remember?

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!!

DH & I are in the TALKING stages!! I am actually in the BUYING stage but......

DH is still researching it all....I said WHAT IS THERE TO RESEARCH, HONEY, IT IS DISNEY....THERE IS NO NEED TO RESEARCH!!! ::yes::

When you are married to a engineering nerd and they carry calculators around 24/7...UGH...well need I say anymore.... :rolleyes:

BUT sooner than later I WILL be posting that I am IN as well!!!! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter