Hybrid owners, can I get your opinion?

Jerry, I loved the pics, your family looked like they were enjoying every bit of the new camper and the kids are adorable!

I would really like to find one like the one I found on Ebay but with a U dinette. I just think it would be so much easier to seat 7 people around a U dinette (4 adults, 3 kids). I also think it would sleep more if we were turtle-ing. What size bed does the U dinette make?

Thanks. We really enjoyed that camper. Took it to Mount Rushmore and Fort Wilderness from here in Central PA. Those kids are now 16 (17 in June) and 11. :lmao:

The U-dinette basically was a full size bed. We usually didn't use it. We would take the table outside and put it under the awning and put our camp stove on it. Josh and Rachael were small enough to share the front bunk. I slept in back (I have sleep apnea and needed a place to plug in my CPAP) and SWMBO was on the sofa.

The lights in the bunks were no different than the lights mounted to the walls and ceiling; they were just portable.

Cindy, you should have something that looks like:

3098515596_b8cd8bb464.jpg

(note the black handle attached to the slim black box near the hose connection)

...somewhere reasonably accessible to the sewer connection. And apparently the handle is pulled(!) since the cap is the only thing holding the sewage in. If you don't have one, you need to add one!

Thanks. We really enjoyed that camper. Took it to Mount Rushmore and Fort Wilderness from here in Central PA. Those kids are now 16 (17 in June) and 11. :lmao:

The U-dinette basically was a full size bed. We usually didn't use it. We would take the table outside and put it under the awning and put our camp stove on it. Josh and Rachael were small enough to share the front bunk. I slept in back (I have sleep apnea and needed a place to plug in my CPAP) and SWMBO was on the sofa.

The lights in the bunks were no different than the lights mounted to the walls and ceiling; they were just portable.

Amazing how fast they grow up isn't it? :(
I was hoping the U dinette would make at least a double for guests or turtle-ing. Thanks for the info on the bunk end lights/fan, that's just what I was hoping to hear! :thumbsup2

Yeah Cindy, that is exactly what you need, but this is designed to be a replacement. So the instructions that come with it be only tell how to swap an old one for a new one. Without seeing your current setup it would be impossible to say whether this type of valve might be retrofitted. Are you sure there isn't one already? Can you post the make and model of the toilet? Since it is a chemical toilet, it may have it's own holding tank built in and the valve is in the toilet?

I just wanted to add that we bought a used Jayco travel trailer mainly because of the good comments about them on RV.net and the fact that we spent MONTHS looking at a lot of used trailers. Ours is a 2001 and is still in great shape (better shape than I am!).

Also, the frame on it, now 8 years old, has only a minor amount of surface rust where the chains get hung when we disconnect from the truck. I've been very impressed with the way the cabinet doors, drawers, etc. have all held up. Ours does not have a slide out, and we could use some more room, but it works great for our needs.

In my endless research Jayco was at the top of my list because of quality. Also, very few owners complained. In the end we ended up with a Coachman M series because of the doggies. I just got the spring edition of RVmagazine and they had a guy review that model. The only negative was that you could not open the back of the TV with the bed open. Do you like the camper van? I am curious about those. We are in a *hurricane prone* area and I like the idea of a hotel of wheels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter