Hyperspace lounge

We almost didn't go to Hyperspace because our SIL didn't think it was worth much. Actually I really enjoyed the view behind the bar. It took me a while to realize it was moving and after the 'jump' the scene would change. I thought it well worth a visit.

Tip: it is a full service bar so there is no need to purchase a 'special' drink. DH preferred his Tito's/cran much more than I my 'smoky' drink. LOL

I've never spent any time in Skyline so I might feel the same about it. Don't know. But I mostly take issue with the implementation. It felt less like being on a spaceship and more like being in someone's basement. It looked much brighter in videos.
Seems like the lighting is something that could be easily fixed…🤔

In all fairness, though, the lounge in Starcruiser likewise has a low ceiling and is low-lit, even though it abuts a huge, brightly lit two-story atrium. The “rathskeller” vibe might just be the aesthetic they’re going for across the board.

Just off the Wish and on embarkation day we walked right in to Hyperspace and got 2 seats at the bar. No reservation required.

I think if you get a thrill from being on the Millennium Falcon the end of the Smuggler’s Run queue, it’s worth trying out Hyperspace Lounge. I thought they did a good job of making it seem like a plausible lounge/bar on a spaceship and we thought the drinks were interesting. If you expect to be totally immersed in Star Wars fantasy it’s probably a letdown, but if you just want to imagine what the space age version of a cruise ship lounge might be like, it does a great job.

I sailed Wish before Dream/Fantasy, but one thing I really appreciate in retrospect is that you could order a decent variety of wine, beer, and mixed drinks. I enjoy watching the world go by at Skyline, but I’m not a martini drinker and I find the actual drink options too limited.

When we were in the Hyperspace lounge we asked the bartender how often they sell the $5000 drink. He told us that since opening they have sold 44 of them.
That's roughly 5 per month! That's more than I'd expect, at that price!

When we were in the Hyperspace lounge we asked the bartender how often they sell the $5000 drink. He told us that since opening they have sold 44 of them.
I will totally buy that, if only for the trip to Skywalker Ranch.

I think they should throw in the camtono for that price, though.

The drinks here were so, so bad. I couldn't find ONE that I wanted to finish.

I do not have this problem at Oga's. 😂

I dunno, sometimes it can be helpful to have appropriate expectations. There was a lot of excitement about this lounge. I wish that I had lower expectations going in as I was also very disappointed.
I went to Hyperspace on the MV of the Wish and we had to make reservations....with all the "hype" about it we really wanted to get in and we did but I was underwhelmed. Yes, it was cool but I thought they could have done so much more with the theming....heck the kids club on the Wish had better Star Wars theming than that lounge.

MJ

I will totally buy that, if only for the trip to Skywalker Ranch.

I think they should throw in the camtono for that price, though.
I do not have first hand knowledge, but we were told by a bartender in a different lounge that the tickets are to the Skywalker Ranch Winery, not the place where George Lucas hangs out.

I do not have first hand knowledge, but we were told by a bartender in a different lounge that the tickets are to the Skywalker Ranch Winery, not the place where George Lucas hangs out.

Not that I expect to see George Lucas, but I will definitely vet the experience before purchasing. Just the winery? No, thanks.

Well the winery is part of the ranch (the whole ranch is actually quite large). And George Lucas doesn't live there, though who knows how often he is at the ranch.

Well the winery is part of the ranch (the whole ranch is actually quite large). And George Lucas doesn't live there, though who knows how often he is at the ranch.

Yes, I am familiar with the layout of the Ranch (and I know that's not his residence). I've been to LucasFilm in the Presidio (which was awesome), but I've always wanted to get to the Ranch.

If the Kaiburr Crystal provides access to just the winery on the Ranch, then I'll pass. But if it also allows access to the main house, the library and Skywalker Sound, I'm in.

Yes, I am familiar with the layout of the Ranch (and I know that's not his residence). I've been to LucasFilm in the Presidio (which was awesome), but I've always wanted to get to the Ranch.

If the Kaiburr Crystal provides access to just the winery on the Ranch, then I'll pass. But if it also allows access to the main house, the library and Skywalker Sound, I'm in.
FWIW, I expect you’d be way more likely to run into Lucas on his vineyard than the core working part of Skywalker Ranch these days…also, does Disney even own the vineyard? Not sure how that IP license worked in the sale. I would assume the trip is to a part of SR that is also Disney owned/operated….but Disney does sell Skywalker wines EVERYWHERE these days…so maybe they own that too?

FWIW, I expect you’d be way more likely to run into Lucas on his vineyard than the core working part of Skywalker Ranch these days…also, does Disney even own the vineyard? Not sure how that IP license worked in the sale. I would assume the trip is to a part of SR that is also Disney owned/operated….but Disney does sell Skywalker wines EVERYWHERE these days…so maybe they own that too?
Not so sure I’d want to meet him - at least, not like that.

Sure, I’d love to pick his brain for several hours, but I am sure he doesn’t want to strike up a lengthy conversation with some complete stranger/fanboy who happens to be on his property.

I am also sure that if he happened to be there, he’d rather be left to his own devices, and any attempt by me to make small talk would be the height of cringe.

According to Wikipedia (whatever that’s worth), GL still owns the property, and leases it to Lucasfilm. Maybe he leases the winery to them as well, or just has a licensing or distribution agreement with them?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter