I’m a lucky bug……er a lucky Mom!!

I'm not trying to convince you to change your mind and go, but I have to step in in defense of Whispering Pines Canyon. Maybe it's best enjoyed with young children than adult-age children, but my family and I had such a great time at breakfast, we wanted to go a second time. (We didn't because we had to spend that morning packing.) That is more than I could say for Artist Point.

If anything, our experience was a little too quiet! Maybe we were there at a time when there weren't as many families, and thus not as many hijinks.

KEEEEEEEETCHUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!

I would love to go to Whispering Pines Canyon but I have a daughter that has panic attacks and there is something about it strikes me as a place that would give her one for sure. I was thinking that we might go over to the Beach Resort for Beaches and Cream or something along those lines. This is just for the first day. We are planning breakfasts in the room.

I've been MIA for a while haven't I? Current times got in the way. Stupid colds and such going around like mad. Also I think I had a case of the blues. We we're supposed to be joining a group of friends at Disneyland next week and we had to cancel. :( So, I guess I was in hiding and pouting. No more! Now it is full blown planning time!! It's crazy to be planning a cruise and a WDW trip after planning so many Disneyland trips. Things are so different. Boy does Disney love to send out the things in the mail to keep your excitement built up! I got an invite to do a DVC thing online for a $25 Disney gift card, I think I will. I would love to buy DVC, it's just not the time yet. We have decided that we are going to MVMCP. It falls on the day we have planned for MK so that helps. I think we would have changed our dates around to go. I like the idea of the extra hours in the park. That way maybe we will see everything we want to see. The park I am most afraid of not seeing everything we want to see is Epcot. There is so much that we want to do there. Oh well that just means there will HAVE to be another trip in our future. :maleficen

I'm sorry you had to cancel your Disneyland trip, it always stinks when you have to cancel anything you have been looking forward too.

I would suggest making a list of Must Do especially in Epcot, that is our favorite park and its big we always spend like 2 to 3 days in there if not more. There is still things I have not done in there that I want to do.

I have heard MVMCP is awesome! We still haven't done that but My DH promised me we will do another Christmastime trip (last time DD was 2 1/2 and it was hard to balance her needs with seeing some things. She did really well tho including falling asleep during the Epcot Holiday Illuminations.)

You know I think that it's just as well. We wouldn't be going on this trip if we had gone. We've been to Disneyland so many times it's kind of exciting to branch out.

We've been making lists. Lots, and lots of lists. We are also planning that bounce back trip for 2016. We want to take my mom who will be 79 next year. Epcot is my mom's dream park. So the girls and I are talking about taking her on a Disney Cruise next year and to Epcot, maybe MK. I'm thinking that maybe two days in Epcot next year. That way we will get it all done!! Your trip is getting so close!!

We figure that the party is a great way to get more hours in the MK and see characters we might not normally get to see. There are already so many characters that we don't normally see at Disneyland that are at WDW.

Sorry you had to cancel your DLand trip. But am glad you are in full planning mode for your cruise and WDW trip

I think you made a good decision t o go to the Christmas party. Extra hours in MK will be great
Epcot is awesome. I think it was good idea to make lists of your must dos like others have mentioned

:santa:

Sorry you had to cancel your DLand trip. But am glad you are in full planning mode for your cruise and WDW trip

I think you made a good decision t o go to the Christmas party. Extra hours in MK will be great
Epcot is awesome. I think it was good idea to make lists of your must dos like others have mentioned

:santa:

We're definitely making lists!!

Nice ticker Kelly!

I've started making magnets for our door. Right now I'm making Donald Ducks head. I'll post a picture when I'm done.

I've made a few door magnet over the last few days. These are them.

18165dee-bcb7-4502-96d9-f37b9d155f1b_zpslxhlk401.jpg

a78783c4-bfa4-4705-b01f-c3360a9fd4e7_zpsbxxh7rky.jpg

0d059add-594b-4d7c-8f28-345fae827d1d_zps7objmaet.jpg

The first two are from a pattern book my mom bought in the 1990's. The last is my own design. There will be others, I am making them for both stateroom doors.

In the world of more trip planning I've been putting thought into Pirate night. I was thinking about costumes. I'm always game to dress up. After all face it I'm a kid at heart. So, I'm thinking about making everyone sashes to match I just need to find some sort of great material that seems piratical. I was hoping to find some Disney material but frankly nothing has caught my eye yet. Plus, what I did find was $9.99 a yard. I have to love it at that price!

Pirate night was the hardest decision of what to do. We are still going back and forth.

I love your idea and hope you can find fabric you love at a great price!

Thank you. I'm going back to JoAnn's for some silver yarn for one of my magnets and I'm going to look again.

Sorry for slacking. With the app not working anymore, I rarely get n the dis

Love your magnets. SUper cute

Hope you are able to find a great material for pirate night

Sorry for slacking. With the app not working anymore, I rarely get n the dis

Love your magnets. SUper cute

Hope you are able to find a great material for pirate night

Hi there!!

I never really liked the app. It never worked really well for me. I use my iPad so much that I can be on a lo easier than sitting down to my laptop. This is the first time in over a week that I've actually been on my laptop. You need to get a pre trip going for your trip girlie!!

Thank you, I've had a lot of fun working on them. I've kind of taken a break for right now because I'm making my mom a blanket out of Oakland A's material. She's a huge A's fan. I'll probably be finished with it tonight.

I'm hoping to find material that isn't too expensive that fits the bill. I never get to Walmart and I was there yesterday and I didn't even think to look. :/ Typical.

Hi guys,

I decided recently that I want to lose weight before the cruise so I have gone on a diet. I have eliminated almost all prepared foods from my diet. So far so good. Except my stomach has issues, when I was sick in 2006/2007 they removed almost 2 feet of intestines from me. It makes digestion interesting to say the least. I'm hoping that my body will get used to this change.

I guess it was a virus, thank goodness. I've started trying different ways to cook familiar vegetables and adding new ones. It's been fun. When cooking vegetables for my mom I have to be careful. She can't have vegetables high in vitamin K because of her blood thinner so it makes it really interesting. I also am having to learn to eat vegetables I never tried in my life because my mom doesn't like them so she didn't cook them. Guess what? We're trying them. Oh the adventures!

Have a great day!

I'm here Michele!!! I went on the Fantasy last summer and did WDW twice both in the summer and the week before Christmas

I'm sad to have to report that we have had to cancel our cruise. Due to health reasons it's best I don't leave the U.S.

If there's a mod reading if you can close this I would appreciate it. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter