I’m not going to trust that psychopath! April 15-24th, trip report. I’m back and TR link 9/17*

I would lose that bet, considering they have essentially doubled Genie+ from 15 to 30 dollars in basically 1 year! Ugh not cool! :sad2:
Definitely not cool. :(
I love the house made chicken taquitos and the margaritas are the best on property. (In my opinion)
Reason enough!
I love the Halloween party at MK one of my all time favorites! It has become more crowded over the years but still wonderful in my book!
::yes::

Re RIV stay, we stayed there recently and accidentally came upon Bar Riva for lunch. It was wonderful and we loved our food. It was like a hidden gem for us.
We love Bar Riva, one of our favorites! The food and drinks are delicious!
You will have a great stay there. So convenient with my beloved Skyliner.
This is a game changer! We love it!
HAPPY ADR DAY
:thanks:
I've changed my mind so many times it's not funny! Currently booked at AKL, but may change my mind again. The AP rates for September are really good!
I’m the same way, I keep checking prices and second guessing myself. The AP discount is really good for all the deluxe resorts!

:thanks: So much! It has been a month of loss in June. I hope July brings comfort, it is the best month to live in Duluth, hands down! Beautiful weather with a lake breeze from big old Lake Superior!
Hoop dee Doo is really a fun dinner show and the food is delicious! The all of care to eat and drink is a real plus!
I hope HHN is a hit. I think it will be, Andi will love it. We both really like The Last of Us so we are excited about this house!
Are you skipping it this year? I think I see in your signature you are going in December this year! Another wonderful time, love all the Christmas events and decorations at Universal.

Glad you have some lovely weather going forward Caroline.

Yes, no September trip this year, we really didn`t enjoy HHN as much last year due to it just being completely mobbed and I got caught up in a crowd one night just walking through a scare zone and it was very scary. A man and his wife grabbed my hand and pulled me out as they saw I was panicking, Tom and I had been pulled apart by the moving crowd. But, that aside, I think I would struggle with the event as Lindsey was so involved with it, it was her favourite thing there and I would see her input everywhere, not quite ready for that yet, so maybe next September we`ll go back.

I have never heard of The Last of Us, but I`m sure more announcements shouldn`t be too long now.

Christmas is amazing there for sure, we get Thanksgiving and Holiday stuff too......after this year Tom wants to give it a miss for a while, so after so many Christmas trips I`m ok with that.

Enjoying reading along as always :)

Glad you have some lovely weather going forward Caroline.

Yes, no September trip this year, we really didn`t enjoy HHN as much last year due to it just being completely mobbed and I got caught up in a crowd one night just walking through a scare zone and it was very scary. A man and his wife grabbed my hand and pulled me out as they saw I was panicking, Tom and I had been pulled apart by the moving crowd. But, that aside, I think I would struggle with the event as Lindsey was so involved with it, it was her favourite thing there and I would see her input everywhere, not quite ready for that yet, so maybe next September we`ll go back.

I have never heard of The Last of Us, but I`m sure more announcements shouldn`t be too long now.

Christmas is amazing there for sure, we get Thanksgiving and Holiday stuff too......after this year Tom wants to give it a miss for a while, so after so many Christmas trips I`m ok with that.

Enjoying reading along as always :)
I certainly can understand why you want to take a break this year! I know how much Lindsey meant to you from your reports!
I think you might like the Last of Us, it is on Max or HBO. It is a post apocalyptic series, good acting. It has two actors that were both in Game of Thrones as the main characters. Oberon and the little girl from the north, I forget her name, she was quite young in Game of Thrones.
I’m definitely getting the EP for our HHN dates. Even the beginning of September will likely be busy!

Hello Everybody! Happy 4th of July 🇺🇸🎇🧨

Thank you for reading along and commenting!

First of all, Disney would only let me make dining reservations for 9/1&9/2. It separated my two reservations. It hasn’t ever done that to me before and I have had split stays in the past.

Today I was able to make my ADRS for the whole trip! I had a hard time deciding on times for the few reservations I want. There was no problem getting any restaurants! Everything was available including Rodeo Roundup, Storybook at WL, Topolino breakfast etc…

We only have 5 full days at Disney this trip. This is less than we usually have here. We usually have 8 days at WDW. I only made 3 ADRS 🤣 so far. I got Garden Grill for 9:30am on Monday or 9:10am on Saturday. I took both and will drop one. Monday night is our MNSSHP so I thought morning at Epcot, rest, party.

I got Sanaa for Sunday on our AK day. I can’t decide if we should do it at lunch or dinner. I am leaning towards lunch so we can take the Skyliner to Epcot or DHS for the evening.

I would like to spend evenings as much as possible at these two parks since we are at a Skyliner resort.

I snagged a Topolinos breakfast for Thursday morning. We check out this day and head over to Universal. I’m not sure if we will do this one but I couldn’t resist!

I have Via Napoli for Wednesday evening. That is it right now.

What do you all think? Any suggestions with a shorter stay?

We will want to make some time for DS. I am thinking our first evening except it is the Friday before Labor Day weekend. I am sure DS will be packed. It usually isn’t very busy at the parks during the Labor Day Holiday, however, DS will probably be busy! I have been watching the crowds at WDW right now and wow, low crowds even leading up to today! Crazy how summertime has become way less crowded at the World!

Okay, those are my few reservations thus far!

Now on with my April trip

“Is that a hippo?”

It was 4/21, AK and Epcot, Space 220 lounge in the evening and I didn’t buy Genie+ today. I did buy a LL for FoP around 11am.

We didn’t rush for RD instead we took a little time to enjoy the patio. Coffee and our patio friends come first! :rotfl:

IMG_2023-6-29-193156.jpg
We arrived around 9:30 and DeVine was hiding in the trees. It was really cool to see her. Her super fan was out. 😝 He was very excited and telling everyone, who walked by, this is Ms. DeVine! He was really gushing and in love 🥰 with Ms DeVine!After checking out Ms. DeVine, we headed to Dinosaur 🦕 We rode twice in a row. Standby was a walk on yay! As you can see I love Dinosaur! :jumping1:
IMG_2023-6-29-193401.jpg
IMG_2023-6-29-194254.jpg
We wanted to walk the trails today and headed to the Gorilla trail. I was hoping it would be less crowded in the morning.

We were looking at all the fish in the underwater viewing area and I told Donna, “look the Hippo is down there” She is looking and said I think that is a rock! It was the rock! We have seen the Hippo here before but today it was a rock! It reminds of the Charlie Brown Halloween special where he always gets a rock while trick or treating haha 😆

IMG_2023-6-29-194029.jpg
We did get to see Ada and Grace, the two youngest gorillas. It is really fun to watch the gorillas 🦍 I have a special connection with Grace, we were visiting Disney when she was born, and I have been every year since that date. I think it is 5 years now!
IMG_2023-7-4-112350.jpg
We spent time visiting with the Meerkats. They are very cute. The CM was telling us, each Meerkat has a duty in the Meerkat community.

We headed to the Maharaja trail and unfortunately, we didn’t see much here today! We did see the bats 🦇 but the tigers were hiding. Oh well, it was still fun on the trail and I’m glad we took the time to do both.

IMG_2023-6-29-193525.jpg
It was now time for FoP. It was a wonderful ride. I love it! I wonder if Disney will change some scenes in here? I hope they don’t screw it up like they did Soarin! I heard some rumors it may change to add scenes from the new movie. Anyone on here who saw the new movie? I still have not! Maybe one day, it is on Disney+now.
IMG_2023-6-29-193619.jpg
We got a green beer in Pandora and it was really good! Donna had it last fall and really wanted it again!

We decided on a burger and fries for lunch. We hadn’t had a burger yet and this sounded good.

We saw Kevin on the way there!
IMG_2023-6-29-193341.jpg
I mobile ordered the angus bacon cheeseburger with fries from Restaurantosaurus. It has been a long time since I ate here especially with Satuli and Nomad, but we were in a mood for a burger.

We made our way there and by the time we arrived the order was ready. Donna found a nice spot out on a patio with an umbrella for shade. It was perfect. I went in and got our food with some condiments and ice water.

We shared and it was really good! It hit the spot and for a QS burger, not bad at all! The French fries were delicious. I would definitely eat here again.
IMG_2023-6-29-193449.jpg
We decided to head out to rest up some for the evening. I noticed the Animal Kingdom 25 year anniversary sign by the Tree of Life and the Disney 100 year sign on the way out.
IMG_2023-6-29-194406.jpg

Stay tuned for an evening in Space, among other things!

I love those trails in AK. Never had a green beer but wouldn’t it be a perfect St Paddy’s Day drink 🤣 Love your dinosaur photo. I never know where the cameras are. You’re happy pose made me smile.
I’m no help at all on the shorter trips as ours are always 14-18 days long but I do think you’ve covered your must do dining and reckon the Epcot Morning followed by afternoon rest is a great plan for the party night.

First of all, Disney would only let me make dining reservations for 9/1&9/2. It separated my two reservations. It hasn’t ever done that to me before and I have had split stays in the past.
Unfortunate... but I've heard that happening.
There was no problem getting any restaurants! Everything was available
Great! But... surprising!
We didn’t rush for RD instead we took a little time to enjoy the patio. Coffee and our patio friends come first! :rotfl:
Niiiice. :)

Although I didn't know this was possible! :laughing:
We arrived around 9:30 and DeVine was hiding in the trees.
I've never seen her with flowers. Huh!
Her super fan was out. 😝 He was very excited and telling everyone, who walked by, this is Ms. DeVine! He was really gushing and in love 🥰 with Ms DeVine!
:laughing:
As you can see I love Dinosaur!
You don't say. Is this news?

:rolleyes1
I told Donna, “look the Hippo is down there” She is looking and said I think that is a rock! It was the rock!
:lmao:
The CM was telling us, each Meerkat has a duty in the Meerkat community.
Had no idea. Wonder what all the duties are?
It was now time for FoP. It was a wonderful ride. I love it!
::yes::
Such a great ride. :)
I wonder if Disney will change some scenes in here? I hope they don’t screw it up like they did Soarin!
:eek:
Anyone on here who saw the new movie?
I have. I think they actually put some scenes from the ride into the movie.
We got a green beer in Pandora and it was really good! Donna had it last fall and really wanted it again!
Not a beer fan, but... looks interesting. Tasted like regular beer?
We shared and it was really good! It hit the spot and for a QS burger, not bad at all!
I've never eaten there... but I've heard pretty good things about the burgers.

irst of all, Disney would only let me make dining reservations for 9/1&9/2. It separated my two reservations. It hasn’t ever done that to me before and I have had split stays in the past.
We do mostly split stays and unfortunately this has been the case for me pretty consistently. So I just resign myself to it...but I am not liking how complicated trip planning has become. :sad2:
Your trip sounds terrific... you have really got a great tempo happening on this trip.
Thanks for taking the time to share.:-)

I have a special connection with Grace, we were visiting Disney when she was born, and I have been every year since that date. I think it is 5 years now!
She's 4! She was born just before our EPIC trip in 2019...can you believe that was 4 years already?? I remember standing there watching her with Liesa for a long, long time, I love her too! :love:

I love those trails in AK. Never had a green beer but wouldn’t it be a perfect St Paddy’s Day drink 🤣 Love your dinosaur photo. I never know where the cameras are. You’re happy pose made me smile.
I’m no help at all on the shorter trips as ours are always 14-18 days long but I do think you’ve covered your must do dining and reckon the Epcot Morning followed by afternoon rest is a great plan for the party night.
Same the trails are a wonderful way to explore AK, love it!
My beloved Dinosaur, lol 😝 I’m so glad Donna really liked it and wanted to ride multiple times. Andi also loves it!
The shorter trip is throwing me off some! We really want to spend 3 nights at Universal so we don’t feel really rushed over there. It will be fine, I just want to live at Disney haha 😆 I really need to move down there!

Unfortunate... but I've heard that happening.
Yes It is dumb really, it isn’t like you aren’t staying on property the whole time! I can see if you were off property for part of the stay. I think you should be able to make the reservations for the length of stay!
Great! But... surprising!
I was surprised how many reservations were available especially for the really hard to get places
I've never seen her with flowers. Huh!
I hadn’t either, it was very cool 😎 and her bodyguard/fan was funny 😁
You don't say. Is this news?
:rotfl: Breaking news Caroline, lover of Dinosaur, read all about it! :rotfl2:
Had no idea. Wonder what all the duties are?
Oh I know! There is a boss, always female (I totally get that haha 😂), several lookout 👀 Meerkats, food gatherers, building the living area and keeping it in shape, caring for the little Meerkats. It was very interesting how smart these little cuties are!
think they actually put some scenes from the ride into the movie.
Cool 😎 How was it with everyone being Computer animated? I bet the scenes were beautiful! I will have to watch it one of these days.
Not a beer fan, but... looks interesting. Tasted like regular beer?
It is really good. It is called Hawks Grog and it is made specifically for Pandora and you can’t get it anywhere else.
I've never eaten there... but I've heard pretty good things about the burgers.
I was pleasantly surprised and the large amount of seating was very nice!

We do mostly split stays and unfortunately this has been the case for me pretty consistently. So I just resign myself to it...but I am not liking how complicated trip planning has become. :sad2:
Your trip sounds terrific... you have really got a great tempo happening on this trip.
Thanks for taking the time to share.:-)
We have done many split stays and it never happened to me. I must have lucked out before haha 😆
Thank you for following along! Disney is definitely my happy place! ❤️❤️

She's 4! She was born just before our EPIC trip in 2019...can you believe that was 4 years already?? I remember standing there watching her with Liesa for a long, long time, I love her too! :love:
Yes I knew it was 2019, I just can’t add very well :rotfl: I miss you all, we had such a wonderful trip. I’m so glad we did that trip!
Andi and I also have a soft spot for Stella, the youngest elephant, we have been watching her for many years as well!

I hadn’t either, it was very cool 😎 and her bodyguard/fan was funny 😁
:laughing:
:rotfl: Breaking news Caroline, lover of Dinosaur, read all about it! :rotfl2:
:lmao:
Oh I know! There is a boss, always female (I totally get that haha 😂), several lookout 👀 Meerkats, food gatherers, building the living area and keeping it in shape, caring for the little Meerkats. It was very interesting how smart these little cuties are!
Now I know!
How was it with everyone being Computer animated? I bet the scenes were beautiful! I will have to watch it one of these days.
I enjoyed it. But it definitely sets up the third movie.

Caroline I'm sorry I haven't been on. Life has gotten so busy.

I'm very sorry for your losses and bad June. It does sound like July is going better.

I'm so happy you're planning a trip with Andi. We're going to miss each other in WDW but I may be at a Universal Resort for my first night on 9/8. Since we're moving to the time share the next day I may just stay that first night with Danielle. She is going to pick me up from the airport and drop me back off.

You really have had a great trip so far. I'm still thrilled we actually got to meet twice. We really loved HDDR, both the show and food. We all laughed so hard. I'm sorry we didn't see you after the show. We had to rush back to MK to do our Tron fancy ride. We really enjoyed it and I hope you do too in September.

I enjoyed it. But it definitely sets up the third movie.
Wow I didn’t realize they will be doing another movie 🍿 I wonder if it will take 10 years :rotfl:
Caroline I'm sorry I haven't been on. Life has gotten so busy.
Hi Vanessa, I’m glad to see you back reading along! I know how busy life gets!
I'm very sorry for your losses and bad June. It does sound like July is going better.
:thanks: It was a rough month. I’m sorry for your recent loss!
I'm so happy you're planning a trip with Andi. We're going to miss each other in WDW but I may be at a Universal Resort for my first night on 9/8. Since we're moving to the time share the next day I may just stay that first night with Danielle. She is going to pick me up from the airport and drop me back off.
I’m excited to spend some time with Andi, it has been quite sometime since we traveled together! If you are at Universal Studios maybe we can say hi. I think we are doing HHN on 9/7 an 9/8. It is really pricey for the tickets this year but I think we need at least 2 nights of it.
You really have had a great trip so far. I'm still thrilled we actually got to meet twice. We really loved HDDR, both the show and food. We all laughed so hard. I'm sorry we didn't see you after the show. We had to rush back to MK to do our Tron fancy ride. We really enjoyed it and I hope you do too in September.
HDDR was really a fun show and the food and drinks were delicious! I’m glad you rode Tron, what did you think of it? I’m a little nervous but I am doing all the scary rides in September well, most of them lol 😆 Is Tron uncomfortable? I have heard it can be, ugh 😣

Off to Space in two different ways!

We headed to Epcot around 5pm.

IMG_2023-7-10-190154.jpg
We had a Space 220 lounge reservation for 5:40. We went to check in but we were told it was too early. We decided to ride Mission Space. Donna had never done this. We stuck with the green side. We really didn’t want to feel sick for our Space 220 dinner. Donna really liked it and I have to say I did as well. It has been awhile since I rode. We had a shuttle all to ourselves which was nice. It was actually a walk on and very quiet in there. I think the orange side was a little busier. I was really glad we did the ride because I found the elusive Mando and Grogu shirt in here. It was new to the parks and selling out everywhere. Well, here it was! My friend Karamie really wanted this shirt and everywhere she checked it was sold out. She was very happy when I texted her I had found it! I quickly purchased it for her. Here she is modeling it, I love it on her, looks really cute!
IMG_2023-7-10-190758.jpg
The CM told me it is a very popular shirt and he had sold quite a few today! Karamie joked that the only reason it was still available was because no one rides Mission Space anymore, haha 😆
IMG_2023-7-10-190113.jpg
It was now time to check in for our Space reservation. Donna really enjoyed the trip up to space in the cool elevator.
IMG_2023-7-10-190330.jpg
Our table in the lounge area was nice. I let Donna sit facing the Space windows since I had been here once before.

We decided on two appetizers and a drink. We had the breaded cauliflower and the deviled eggs with pork belly.
IMG_2023-7-10-190555.jpg
IMG_2023-7-10-190501.jpg
My drink was the pop rock one. It was good and interesting. Donna had a beer.
IMG_2023-7-10-190419.jpg
We enjoyed the lounge area and liked that we didn’t have to order the prix fix meals.

Donna watched the space activity. We saw the astronauts walking the dog, having a light saber duel, and just hanging out!

It really is a cool experience and the food was delicious. I highly recommend giving it a try. If you are hesitant about the dinner try for a lounge reservation.

We stayed about an hour. Once back on earth, we wanted to try dessert at one of the F&G booths.

I had heard good things about the vegan chocolate cake with a raspberry sauce and chocolate ice cream. This was delicious. It was rich and I would never have believed it was vegan.
IMG_2023-7-10-190642.jpg
This was at the Trowel and Trellis booth.

We were tired out so we rode SE, took a few pictures and headed out.
IMG_2023-7-10-190003.jpg
IMG_2023-7-10-185846.jpg

We took a Lyft back and our driver was a really nice lady. She had a brand new fancy SUV and told us she only works in the Disney bubble. She loves it and feels comfortable with the passengers she picks up here. She also was a huge Disney fan and visits the parks as often as she can!

We got back in time to watch the fireworks from our patio. It was an obstructed view but not bad! We had a new critter on our patio! It was a bright green frog 🐸He was suction cupped to our deck door. He creeped me out a little. Donna loved him, lol 😆 she loves frogs and turtles.

Time to turn in and watch Night Agent.

Stay tuned for our last full day at Disney! A fancy breakfast and on to Hollywood!

We did get to see Ada and Grace, the two youngest gorillas. It is really fun to watch the gorillas 🦍 I have a special connection with Grace, we were visiting Disney when she was born, and I have been every year since that date. I think it is 5 years now!
Really enjoying your report! I also feel the special connection with Grace - I remember watching her on the Disney+ Animal Kingdom show when my daughter Grace was a baby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter