I am so glad ROFR is back!

jodifla

WDW lover since 1972
The resale points were wandering in the "too low" range for my tastes. I have no desire to sell my points, but keeping the value is one of the things that has made Disney a standout in the shady timeshare world. 30 years later I can still sell my points for more than I bought them for.

I love Disney's OKW plan as well. Pretty brilliant to just buy the points back and sell as a 2057 expiration date.

I think ultimately this is a win for the whole program.

The resale points were wandering in the "too low" range for my tastes. I have no desire to sell my points, but keeping the value is one of the things that has made Disney a standout in the shady timeshare world. 30 years later I can still sell my points for more than I bought them for.

I love Disney's OKW plan as well. Pretty brilliant to just buy the points back and sell as a 2057 expiration date.

I can somewhat agree with this. DVC has a good reputation in the the timeshare world, and keeping its value up is important. I have both direct and resale. I love that we bought resale "low" IMO for Poly, but happy that if I ever needed to I could sell and get some money back. I don't think we would ever get rid of VGF or PVB but I you never know what the future holds... I told my hubby if we need to sell something we can get rid of the AKV contract. :D

At some point resale gets so cheap that it materially hurts direct sales in the age of smart phones and google….

I actually wish Disney would just STOP building new resorts…. and put their effort into over maintaining the ones that they have to support the pricing on the hotel side.

Add to that build new ride/ lands/ parks to keep demand up.
I'm very happy to see Universals adding a gate. They have been very productive on the development side in the last decade compared to Disney.

This should act as a motivator so Disney does not rest on their laurels, and gives us more reasons to go to Orlando.

I'm very happy to see Universals adding a gate. They have been very productive on the development side in the last decade compared to Disney.

This should act as a motivator so Disney does not rest on their laurels, and gives us more reasons to go to Orlando.
I think that Universal building another gate is actually good for DVC. We stay at OKW when we go to Universal.

I think that Universal building another gate is actually good for DVC. We stay at OKW when we go to Universal.

We stayed at RPR on our last Universal trip and it'll be tough to beat. Easily walkable to the park, early access to HP land, and free unlimited express pass are really valuable perks.

Do you buy express pass separately or go without?

We stayed at RPR on our last Universal trip and it'll be tough to beat. Easily walkable to the park, early access to HP land, and free unlimited express pass are really valuable perks.

Do you buy express pass separately or go without?

We go without the express. We did this in February and found we easily had enough time for what we wanted to do. My husband dropped us off and picked us up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter