I am SUCH an IDIOT!!!!

Fishbone†

<font color=blue>Does strange things while sleepin
I just locked my keys in my car (here at work while my extra set sits useless at home)..... the thing is, I can't see them in there, so I'm not sure where I set them down before my stellar display of intelligence!!
:o :o :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL! Sorry to that Fishbone, but you're not alone. I once locked myself out of the house - WITHOUT my car keys in hand - on my way to work. :rolleyes: So there I stood in the garage at 7:30am with no keys and it was FREEZING outside. :( Luckily, I had my cell phone with me and I called my neighbor (who has a set of our house keys). I felt horrible waking him at that hour - I had to call 3 times before he answered!! He's a flight attendant and had gotten home just hours before!! :(

oooooh Fishy†. Sorry sweetie. It happens to the best of us when we get old ya know.

Can anyone run you home to get the other set?

New or old car? If newer the locksmith can cut a key from the VIN # and your roadside may cover it.

It's a new car (2002). I can't believe roadside service would cover stupidity, but I suppose it's worth a try (I do know, that if my parents were home.... which they are not...... but if they were, they would cover stupidity..... for a small fee).

And since I live 23 miles away (on the way to nowhere), I would feel really bad asking someone to run me home...... Debster, what are you doing this afternoon?

At least (I'm assuming) you didn't leave the motor running. I know of a person who actually drove to work and, when she returned to the parking garage 9 hours later, found that not only did she not have her keys, but that they were still in the ignition and that her engine had been idling all day long. The scary thing is that she was had a PhD in physics and was a research scientist in the Nuclear Medicine department of a prestigious hospital.

So don't feel too bad. It could be a whole lot worse. :)

I actually wish I had left them in the ignition - the car has a safety feature that doesn't allow the doors to lock with the key in the ignition.

I don't know Dan, all of the sudden she's pretending she doesn't know me. :confused:

don't call yourself an idiot. it happens to the best of us. i recommend keeping a spare key in your purse or in something else you always have with you, and if you take it out, make sure to replace it. try to make it a habit to check to see if you have your keys before you shut the door.

my worst habit with my car is leaving the lights on when i lock up. :( my car doesn't tell you if you leave the lights on and i don't have a light on my dash unless my highbeams are on. it's especially a problem if i was driving at dawn or dusk. you can't see the lights reflecting off anything.

AAA covers such a blunder. Don't ask me how I know...

I locked myself out of my house yesterday. I walked over to my neighbors, that I really should give a spare key to, and called all the people I knew who had keys. DH was in house asleep, as he is working night shift. I had walked out the door to go to my neighbors to begin with and instead of getting the house keys I got DH's truck keys. Called DS to see where he was and he was in Knoxville about an hour away with 60 of his church youth so he couldn't come. I was hoping he was closer to getting home. He drove the church bus. I called DD at home and on her cell and she didn't answer either one. I called my dad in Alabama to see if my house key was at his house here since I did have DH's truck key. He had it with him in Alabama. Called my inlaws and they were not home. And that is the sum total of my house keys that are running around. So I beat on DH's bedroom window and wake him up to let me in! So see you aren't the only one who does things like that!!!:p

Originally posted by Towncrier
At least (I'm assuming) you didn't leave the motor running. I know of a person who actually drove to work and, when she returned to the parking garage 9 hours later, found that not only did she not have her keys, but that they were still in the ignition and that her engine had been idling all day long. The scary thing is that she was had a PhD in physics and was a research scientist in the Nuclear Medicine department of a prestigious hospital.

So don't feel too bad. It could be a whole lot worse. :)

I"ve done that... and no, I am NOT a PhD in physics.....

You and my dd are a lot alike, Heidi.;) She hates maters and she locks my keys in my truck from time to time.:rolleyes:

And my roadside service takes care of things such as locking keys in the car, too. Luckily, the last time my dd locked my keys in there, we were only about 9 miles from home and my SO made a drive by unlocking for me (I wish the keyless remote worked 9 miles away instead of just the 100 yards away that he was;) ).

When DS was 1, he used to like to hold the keys. So, one cold day, I put him in his car seat and hand him my keys. Close the door and head over to the other side to get the other kids in. What do I hear? Beep! He locked the car from the inside. I could have died. I stood out there, telling him to push the button again. Over and over I told him - how much he understood I don't know. Eventually he pushed the button. I grabbed the handle, yanked open the door and no sooner did I get the door open, he throws the keys on the floor. I was so angry at myself. I could just see having to call the police because he was locked in the car with the keys. After that, no more keys for him!

I did the same thing at the university library at Stephen F. Austin Library in Nacogdoches, Texas, one summer. I was in a rental car :( Called AAA and they came out and got me into the car quickly :)

You're not an idiot, just human. {{{HUGS}}} sweetie

Originally posted by Lanshark
AAA covers such a blunder. Don't ask me how I know...

LOL! GMC does as well for the first 36 months. Other manufacturers probably do too. I took a swim off my boat once and forgot my keys were in my pocket -WERE being the operative word! It started raining so we sprinted for the dock only to find I didn't have keys. Thank God for cell phones, locksmiths and GMC!LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter