I feel SICK! Please tell me this is a glitch and our trip is not gone!!

TheDisneyBunch

Mom to 3, photographer and Disney CRAZY!!
I am seriously sick right now and I hope I am posting this in the right place to get some answers.

I rented some points from a member (about $600 worth) back in April. I paid and everything was finalized. I spoke with this person on the phone on several occasions, they have a rental contract, etc... Everything seemed really legit and I felt fine with it.

They sent me the conf. letter in the mail that Disney sent to them that has the conf# on it as well as our names/date, etc.

I have emailed the person 3 times since then with a question about something that was not changed that was supposed to be. It was nothing major but something I had been waiting on from them. These emails have gone out to them over the last month with no response to any of them. I have not thought too much of it till after I sent this 3rd one about a week ago with still no word. Tonight I started thinking about it and got a little concerned so I went in to check the reservation # and I get a message stating that the reservation had been canceled and to contact the booking agent. :scared1: WHY would it say this??? I am sitting here freaking out. It is too late to call this person but I will be first thing tomorrow and hopefully it is not really canceled but I just have no idea what is going on. I will never be able to sleep thinking about this.

Could there be a glitch with the system or something?? We would be devastated if this person actually canceled our trip! This is the first time we have rented points and it took a lot of trust to do so. I thought I was very careful about it and then person seemed totally honest but I am so worried right now. I have been in tears for the last hour.

We have done nothing but talk about this upcoming trip for months now and are extremely excited about it. If we lost this reservation and our money I don't know what we would do. There is no way we could still go. I can't imagine having our trip ruined!

UGH!! Somebody please tell me I can calm down about this?? :sad1:

OK it is hard for me to tell you to calm down.. because I know I would be flipping out.

First thing tomorrow morning.. you call and email the people you rented from until you reach them. I would call all day and night. I would call disney and get to the bottom of it as well.. find out when it was cancelled by whom etc. Wouldnt your name be on the reservation.. so only you could cancel it? We own in DVC and Im not familiar with how renting the points works.

I seriously hope from the bottom of my heart that these people did not steal your money and I hope and pray that this a glitch in the system. And in the morning all will be well.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you... keep us posted!

Hopefully, it was a mistake.
If they are not answering your emails or phone #. Try google their names, phone number, address??? How did you pay?????

Good luck!

This sounds exactly like what happened to a poster named 'Rachel' recently. I so hope you haven't been ripped off. We used our points to make a ressie for my DSIL and the ressie is in their name but I think only DH and I can make changes since we are the DVC owners. Please post again and let us all know how this works out. I'm nervous for you.

My heart goes out to you. I hope it's just a glitch in the DVC website. I am guessing you are not a DVC member? Did you pay with paypal? (that will help if it goes that far--maybe). Please post back. I can't even imagine how stressed you are right now.

I believe that only the DVC member can contact MS and make, modify or cancel a reservation for someone renting points from them. Even though your name is on the original reservation, MS will only deal with the owner of the points you are renting. So the the person you are renting from would be able to do anything with reservation (including cancel it) without your knowledge. I really hope it is a only glitch or misunderstanding. Hopefully you will be able to contact them today and straighten it out. Good luck and I hope it all works out.

I certainly hope it's a glitch! Good luck today and please keep us posted!
:wizard::wizard:

Good luck and I hope things work out. Did you, by chance, have a wait list request for another resort or room type?

When wait lists are filled, they generate a new reservation number and the old one would show cancelled.

Keep us posted as to what happens.

First thing tomorrow morning.. you call and email the people you rented from until you reach them. I would call all day and night. I would call disney and get to the bottom of it as well.. find out when it was cancelled by whom etc. Wouldnt your name be on the reservation.. so only you could cancel it? We own in DVC and Im not familiar with how renting the points works.

I believe that only the DVC member can contact MS and make, modify or cancel a reservation for someone renting points from them. Even though your name is on the original reservation, MS will only deal with the owner of the points you are renting. So the the person you are renting from would be able to do anything with reservation (including cancel it) without your knowledge. I really hope it is a only glitch or misunderstanding. Hopefully you will be able to contact them today and straighten it out. Good luck and I hope it all works out.

This is correct, only the member can contact member services about the reservation. Disney will not get involved in a transaction between two private individuals.

I am not sure what number you called to get the recording about it being cancelled...or was it online? What change did you ask to be made? If it was something like view or resort or several other changes, it is possible that the original reservation number was cancelled and a new number generated, thus the message. There are a number of possibilities here and I would just try to contact the person you rented from tomorrow. Don't be pushy or panicked, but listen to what they say and you might want to ask that they three way with member services to confirm the reservation if it will make you feel better.

I really hope this works out for you OP. Looks like you have a great december trip planned.

I'm curious also as to where the OP found the person to rent from; was it on the DIS boards or somewhere else, like EBay?

Could there be a glitch with the system or something??

1) Unfortunately, DVC doesn't make a lot of errors.
2) Especially after the ressie has been made and confirmed.
3) I wish you the best of luck.
4) HOPEFULLY, this is not one of the scammers that falsely rent points.
5) Let us know how it turns out.

NOTE: Not trying to be pessimistic. Unfortunately, there is NOTHING you can do with or through Disney. Your agreement/issue is with the point seller, not with Disney or DVC.

NOTE2: DVC Rental Contracts really have no teeth. They are "warm fuzzy" type of instruments. If you tried to sue, you would need to go the persons locale, not your own, and lawsuits do not reimburse transportation. Then, you need to make return trips for the court date and again to collect. This also supposes that the person gave you a truthful address and the person can be "served" the papers.

Sorry, I have nothing constructive to say that would help you at this time. I just wanted to send you a hug :grouphug:

Hope everything works out for you! :hug:

about something that was not changed that was supposed to be. It was nothing major but something I had been waiting on from them.
As others have said, depending on what the change is it might generate a new booking number. If things have been on the up and up so far, try to be patient until you speak with your "landlord". I know that's hard to do, but the vast majority of these transactions go without a hitch, and chances are good yours will too.

I would feel sick too. :sad2: I would keep calling and emailing. If you paid with PayPal that should bring some hope as they are buyer friendly.

Also prayers being said for you and huge :hug:. We have rented a few times and all have gone so very well. One time from a Dr. that took our credit card. It was perfect when I just needed more points.

If you paid with CC or paypal you can file a complaint but that still doesn't stop the fact that your vacation may be changed. Can you call and get a room at mod? Or still try to save the vacation in some manner?

Good luck and please keep us posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter