I feel SICK! Please tell me this is a glitch and our trip is not gone!!

They call or e-mail every day and expect the member to respond to their every question and wish??? That's crazy.

But that person didn't say they emailed everyday..she said she would respond the day she got the email...

That is not what has happened with us. On two different trips I have gone to the desk as we were leaving to get the bill when it was not delivered to the room for the express check out. The front desk could find no charges for us even though I knew there had been from the previous days. Several days later there the charge would be on my credit card account. There were legitimate charges but were "not there" when we left and they did charge it to the CC I had given them. What I didn't like was that I then had no detail to review to see if everything charged was correct.

Computers, guess they still can't keep up in real time. I would be upset too, but you have every right to request a detailed itemized bill.

Their concern of the day??? That's nuts. Unless you happen to be a travel agent.

I don't think he meant "the concern of the day" I think he meant that he was available by email or phone if there was a concern and a renter needed to contact him, he would not be unavailable for three weeks. Actually when you do rent your pts. it is like being a travel agent. You are making calls for request, when you get a renter you need to keep them abreast of all travel details arrange ME, DDP if they opt for it. So for a short period of time you are playing travel agent. The 'rentee' should if they give a hoot and want to make sure everything is in place.

I'm happy for you that you can put this situation behind you.

To clarify my post, I'm not saying that you didn't deserve to be informed, but I would have tried to contact the owner by phone if they weren't answering my emails. I also would not have jumped to conclusions and posted my situation on a public forum until I talked to the member.

Although well meaning, sometimes the forum responses can add to your panic and cause you to get even more upset.

I have rented our points before and if I sense that the renter doesn't have complete faith in me, I will suggest that they not rent. A Disney vacation should be a fun, magical time, not a vacation that you have to worry about.

Wishing you a wonderful time at Walt Disney World. ::MickeyMo

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks for clarifying your response. :) I do get what you are saying and where you are coming from. I really have never made the member feel I have not trusted them before. I have had total faith in them the whole time but could not help but get concerned over this situation. I did not start calling them up and worrying them to death after not having 3 emails responded to which I felt did show my trust in them. I just had no idea why a reservation would show canceled and that is what really scared me. I am sure that would scare anyone, esp if they did not know they were on a wait list. They said they found my most recent email in the spam folder so I am sure it is possible that my others went there too. I realize people get busy and I don't expect every email to be answered right away but I just like to stay informed as much as possible. Nobody wants to be left in the dark about their once a year vacation. ;)

Thank you again to everyone who responded. The support around here is wonderful! :goodvibes

This has just REALLY not been my week. I ended up with an abscess in my mouth where a wisdom tooth had broken. It was causing more pain than I ever thought you could have in your mouth. I spent the entire day today at the dentist office and was finally able to have the tooth extracted. I am seriously hurting right now. I have some pain meds but they are not helping. My whole face hurts and is swollen. Not fun at all! I sure hope it heals fast and this killer headache will go away. :sick:

They call or e-mail every day and expect the member to respond to their every question and wish??? That's crazy.

NO of course not every wish BUTTT in my written aggreement with any renter there are things that me as the OWNER I make myself responsible for and that is keep them up to date with all and any changes that may happen to "their" reservation.
I like to give them the same attention that I would expect from someone I just handed over my vacation money to. This is NOT to much to ask.......for some people maybe it is..... BUT for me it is NO sweat off my back to give them the time of day. Especially in a situation like this where it could have been cleared up so easy and fast. :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter