I finally convinced them!

mom2smjn

Disneynut who married Disneyfreak and had Disneyki
I finally convinced my parents to join us at WDW next year!! I am so excited! I want to make sure,however, that they ruely enjoy themselves. I don't want them feeling like they chased my kids from place to place and did not enjoy themselves! So I would love any suggestions from the more "mature" Disneynuts as to what is a must see for you when you go. My mom is on 24hr oxygen and that has me a bit concerned as to her ability to refill her air during the day and renting a evc so she does not tire as easily.
thanks for any advice!

I'd stay at one of the Epcot Resorts - Boardwalk, Beach/Yacht Club, Swan or Dolphin. They're all 5 to 10 minutes from Epcot's Back Gate and a short Boat Ride from MGM. With the monorail you can make it to 3 of the 4 parks without a bus. Plus the World Showcase is a great place for us middle age plus folks:)

Some pix:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/kirk_wells/_wsn/page2.html

the BCV have opened - this is a DVC resort - so the 1 and 2 bedroom have a full kitchen, washer/dryer, whirlpool tub and shower stall in the master bath - a king bed in the master, a queen sleeper sofa in the livingroom and the other bedroom (in a 2) has a queen and a double sleeper sofa.

you can fix your own meals - and all WDW resorts have handicapped rooms.

How neat that your parents will be joining you. I agree that the worldshowcase would be interesting and fun for your parents. Also there are beautiful gardens and shows at the Magic Kingdom that they could enjoy while your kids are riding attractions that hold no interest for them.

Since she isn't confined to a wheel chair but just using it to keep from tiring too quickly your mother will be able to do just about any ride she chooses, right?

MGM has several things she would enjoy plus street performers who are very entertaining.

I think your parents are going to enjoy this trip a lot :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter