I got one, now I want more!

mbaker

Mouseketeer
We booked a cat. 11 gaurantee for 9/14.
I called Expedia for my cabin assignment.
I was told we got upgrade to a category 8 on deck 5.
Question... can I upgrade to cat. 7 and pay the difference from 8 to 7. Or do I have to pay from 11 to 7?

I believe you will pay the difference between what the category 7 costs and what you paid.

We had the same situation in April on a 7 day. We were upgraded from guaranteed cat 11 to a cat 8. We were told if we tried to upgrade prior to sailing we would pay the difference between cat 11 and cat 7. We waited until check in at the pier and were charged an upgrade price from a cat 8 to a cat 5 - $350 total (2 adults, 1 child).

have you had any problems with them? We are sailing 4 days after you, can you let me know when you get your docs? Thanks so much! Eileen

Seems if you can be happy with a category 11, it may be the way to go, as far as upgrades are concerned. But you must be able to handle an inside cabin in case the upgrade fairy doesn't visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter