I have been assimulated!

Donald is #1

DIS Veteran
Or for those of you who are not Star Trek fans, I have drunk the cool-aid! :rotfl2: I spent the late winter and spring looking into the DVC. By the time of my May trip, I had pretty much made up my mind that I was going to buy into DVC and I was looking at 160-200 points. Well, as I have previously reported, I bought 160 pts at AKV during May trip. When I was checking out the models at SSR, I found that the 1 bedroom AKV units were so cool! : (Of course most likely most of my trips will probably be solo so I only need a studio. :rotfl2: ) So I decided to get the 160 points and then once I try it out, work my way up in points using add-ons in the 50 point range. Well, I have not even closed on my original contract (should be the end of June) and I am already thinking about adding on another 50 points. OK, to be honest, I called my guide on Friday but she was on vacation. Well, after an innocent conversation with one of my sisters, :idea: I am now considering adding on 100 points and getting the double developer's points!

How did this come about, well, I wasn't planning on my next trip until sometime in '08. But I was talking to my sister and I told her that she will have to go to the F&WF with me some year. Well, she asks, what about a long weekend this fall? Now the gears start turning, I have an AP that won't expire until 10/21. So if I went one of the first weekends in Oct, it would still be valid. So, with the developer's points, I could really splurge on a room for me, my sister, and my nephew and still bank all of my points into next year.

OK, for the Star Trek fans again: I have joined the Borg! :dance3:

For the now Star Trek Fans: I think that I have a really bad case of addonitis!

Congrats!

Add-on-itis is a very serious sickness that some DVCer's catch (myself included). The only cure is to get someone to help stop you when you get the itch to add on more (in my case, it is my wife).

I bought 210 points at AKV in May as well, and I am already up to 390 points and am waitlisted for 72 more (for a total of 462).

That may not be much compared to some folks on this board, but it is way more than I expected to have when I first signed on the dotted line for that first 210!

The double developer points have me thinking too!!!!

Restistance is futile!!!

I love Star Trek/ Star Wars / Stargate etc....

Enjoy, Goldi

dvcresistance.jpg

borgs, klingons, romulens - Disney is happy to assimilate everyone's money;)

welcome home (again):banana:

TDC Nala - :thumbsup2, live long & prosper:) .

it's hip to be square
you are now part of the collective

translation for the uninitiated: :welcome:Home!!

Now where is " Q " he could just give us more POINTS !!!!! Congrats and welcome home.

Before you take the developer points though , have you checked with MS about availability ? With the Food and Wine fest going on I know rooms can be limited . I have no idea how AKV is so maybe theres plenty of rooms.

Now where is " Q " he could just give us more POINTS !!!!! Congrats and welcome home.

Before you take the developer points though , have you checked with MS about availability ? With the Food and Wine fest going on I know rooms can be limited . I have no idea how AKV is so maybe theres plenty of rooms.

Excellent point! I have seen some conflicting information on whether the developer's points need to be used at the home resort. That will be one of the first things that I check with my guide when I call her (probably later this week).

I'm glad to see that I am surrounded by so many Star Trek fans! :banana:

Thanks for the Welcome Homes! Now the question will be 50 or 100 point add on. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter