I just saw PEAPOD at my neighbors - HAPPY DANCE!!!

SplshMtn99

<font color=blue>She talks to me in pretty <font c
Last time I saw a discussion here about Peapod (grocery delivery service) I checked there website, but they didn't deliver to our town yet. Well, apparently they do NOW! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

SOOOOOO, what can you tell me about them?

Love them, hate them?

I go about every 2-3 wks and FILL the cart. It would be SOOOO nice not to have to push the heavy cart & carry it in the house. :)

DH picks up milk, bread, produce as we need when he runs out for a video.

But this would be a BIG help to ME who has a bad back!!!!!! :teeth:

Enjoy it! We had a similar service here, but they went out of business. I wish they hadn't.

It's just so COLD here that I would love not having to go out somedays!!!!!!!!

Same on snowy days.
Or hot days.
Or................. you get the idea. :)

Love it! Especially when it's so cold like it has been! I just had a big order delivered this past Saturday. I can't say enough good things about the service.

So they don't mind BIG orders?

What should I expect when they deliver?
Do they just come to door OR will they bring it to the kitchen (which is up some stairs like in a split level ranch)?

Am I expected to check the entire order while they are here? That could take a while. I was thinking of having it delivered on Mondays -- since it's DH's day off & he could deal with it. :)

How do you handle deliver? How much (%) do you tip if at all?

We just got a delivery last night. I can't imagine going back to shopping at the store every week, especially since we're on the 3rd floor & there's no elevator. Peapod brings everything upstairs for us. I believe they say they'll bring it into your kitchen, but ours is so small, we just have them leave it in our living room. We usually tip around $5 or so depending on how large the order is. You can put the tip on your credit card too. Peapod also charges a delivery fee, but they discount some delivery times. I still do make occasional runs to the store because Peapod doesn't have everything you can get at the store, but it's much easier to run in for a couple of items than it is to get everything. You'll get an itemized receipt so it's really easy to check that you got everything. If you're missing anything, just call their customer service & they'll credit your next order. I don't think we've ever had to do that though.

I recently emailed Peapod and haven't heard back...but I was wondering how far they deliver. My niece has gotten deliveries, and she lives about 20 miles from me. According to their website, they don't deliver to my area, but I'm hoping they'll start!

Thanks.... I think I'm going to give it a try next time. :)

Oh...and if you think they don't deliver to your area...try again. A few months ago when I plugged in my zip code it said they didn't.... but now they do! :)

The store is 2 towns away!

That reminds me. One thing to be aware of is they may be out of the item you order. You can designate substitutions, but there's a chance you won't get a few of the items you order. For us, it's not that big of a deal. We can usually live without whatever it is until our next order. The hassle of going to the store for a major trip every couple of weeks far outweighs the hassle of dealing with stuff being sold out. Besides, if it's not in the store for the delivery drivers, it's not going to be there for us even if we did shop at the store. If you do need it before your next order, at least you can use the express lanes.

We also find that it saves us money because there aren't as many impulse purchases. I always check the specials and new arrivals, but I don't buy nearly as much as when I'm at the store.

Good point about impulse buying.

I think it will be good for me too in that I've been trying to do a menu weekly and shop for just the menu. I've notice we are buying less food, eating better, throwing less out, and not ordering takeout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter