I know there's no meals, but...

sorcerormickey

DIS Veteran
Are they still serving beverages on the plane?

Anyone have any suggestions about what kind of small food/drinks to bring onboard with us (2 adults)? Thanks!!!!!

They usually serve peanuts or trail mix or some small snack. Definately drinks. As for food. We've brought bagels or roll on our morning flights and heroes on our later flights. No biggie.

Hi. :) On our flight coach passengers were given a bag of snack mix and a drink. First class was given a choice of chips, cookies, snack mix, dried fruit, cashews, etc.

Stop at a McDonalds or someplace and get a sandwich to take on the plane!

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Thanks guys - We were hoping they were still giving out drinks. It's only a 2 hour flight, but food and drink helps pass the time.:)

I know what you mean about the snacks and drink helping to pass the time. We have a 3 hour flight, and sometimes it takes me 45 minutes to an hour to open the package of peanuts!!!! ;)

I just flew Southwest and we were given a prepackaged snack with cheese and crackers, sausage, candy and a fruit/granola bar. ALso they did two rounds of drinks.

Also, Contintental is one of the only airlines that have not cancelled meals on flights under 3 or 4 hours. We are flying them in April and our flight from Newark to Orlando is a lunch flight, returning is a breakfast flight.

When we flew USAirways in December, we got snack mix & a drink both ways. On the way home, I was shocked when the FA poured me a diet coke and gave me the rest of the can. That's a rarity these days!

Even they have changed their great meals.
We flew them a few years ago into LAX. Coming and going we had very large meals. One was a cheese omelet, bowl of fresh fruit, muffin, granola yougurt, juice, drink, and seems like something else too.:eek:
We flew them last month. And it was still good. But nothing like it was before. We had a large roll, a bowl of fresh fruit and yogurt and juice/drinks.
On the return trip, our meal included hot cookies for dessert. :D
And with every ME flight, you are offered champagne.
They always use *real* dishes and silverware. They still had the dushes and glasses, but they do provide a plastic knife now. (sad times indeed)
Usually they are more business like (not joking like SW). This time was funny. We were flying from MCO to Omaha. The pilot announced he was following the east coast into Maine, and across the Great Lakes, and over the top of the U.S.:eek:
I asked the stewardess if he was REALLY doing that. (I thought NOW what went on?)
She lauged and said he told her no ne would notice because no one listens to what he says. :) And anyone asked her, they were to receive a free bottle of wine or champagne. And she did offer it. But I passed since neither of us drink alcohol.
I should have taken it as a souvenir! ;):D
Next flight is United. And I expect to bring my own food. At least I know it in advance.

I flew to Las Vegas last weekend and was suprised to find out that they don't serve a meal on that long flight (about 5 hours from PIT!) They made an announcement in the boarding lounge taht there would be no meal served, only a very light snack, and pax were welcomed to bring on their own food.

Anne

We have a 2:55 pm flight to MCO - do they really let you bring on McDonalds? My dd would love a happy meal to enjoy.

We have a 2:55 pm flight to MCO - do they really let you bring on McDonalds? My dd would love a happy meal to enjoy. We are flying Delta.

The Sunday (2/10) NY Times had a good article, in the Travel Section, on airlines & meals.

You can bring food on. McD's, Pizza Hut whatever. Now I have not flown Midwest, but on all the other airlines, I would just as soon bring my own food. What is that stuff they tried to pass off as food?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter