I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week has been chaos for me... can someone please point me to which page the discussion about the increase CSR happened? I know ya'll talked about it here, lol!

You're missing out!

DTF=Din Tai Fung. It's a Taiwanese chain of restaurants known for making some of the best xiao long bao in the world. Xiao long bao is a kind of steamed dumpling, popularized in Shanghai, with a delicately folded pouch holding, usually, a pork filling. The steaming process heats up the pork and melts its fat, resulting in a soupy filling as well. The dumplings are traditionally dipped in rice vineger and some ginger, but carefully as to not puncture the pouch, and eaten so all the flavors of the soup and meat melt in your mouth.

DTF serves a lot of other types of dumplings, noodles, and rice dishes on their menu, but the original xiao long bao is what put them on the map. They have locations all over the world, but here in the US, they're found all over SoCal, with only one location in NorCal (Santa Clara), and in the Seattle and Portland areas up in the PNW.

🤤 That sounds so yummy. Guess a trip out to visit DH's family in 2020 is in order.

I do to. For some reason I thought it was filmed in NY or NJ and I sort of wanted to be on it. Which is comical because I'm terribly introverted and shy.

ETA: Apparently it was probably filmed in Baltimore when I was watching it.

ETA2: Wait--there were different version??? I'm so confused.

Ok. So, I had to look this up since so many people watched Romper Room. It was syndicated and franchised so there were many versions across the US. I only knew Miss Marcia and the version from Chattanooga!

Ok, I totally read that as your dear daughter working for Din Tai Fung, which is cool and all but kind of a waste of her degree and fellowship experience, no?

So relieved you guys were talking about DoorDash!

LOL just used DD because it was in response to a post where DD was used for Door Dash. And yeah, my actual DD (not my Door Dash) will hopefully find something related to her degree in the US when she's done with this year overseas. :rotfl:

You're missing out!

DTF=Din Tai Fung. It's a Taiwanese chain of restaurants known for making some of the best xiao long bao in the world. Xiao long bao is a kind of steamed dumpling, popularized in Shanghai, with a delicately folded pouch holding, usually, a pork filling. The steaming process heats up the pork and melts its fat, resulting in a soupy filling as well. The dumplings are traditionally dipped in rice vineger and some ginger, but carefully as to not puncture the pouch, and eaten so all the flavors of the soup and meat melt in your mouth.

DTF serves a lot of other types of dumplings, noodles, and rice dishes on their menu, but the original xiao long bao is what put them on the map. They have locations all over the world, but here in the US, they're found all over SoCal, with only one location in NorCal (Santa Clara), and in the Seattle and Portland areas up in the PNW.

The chocolate ones are my fave. We eat everything family style, so I only get 1 or 2 pieces for dessert. :cloud9:

I hate to blow your guys minds, but you are amongst a celebrity. I appeared on Romper Room when I was about 4. ROFL!!!! But I'm not joking. I got to say "hi" to Miss Mary Anne and she said my name through the little mirror thing. :)

You're missing out!

We went in Shanghai, and it's the best!!! Love it. Haven't made it to the one in SoCal or Santa Clara yet, but it's on the list.
I thought the going rate was $500k and up to 50 years in prison these days? :rotfl2:
I was starting out low planning to bargain up to $500k. :)

Oh my so many comments on TV LOL.
My dd is going to be 24 Monday, and we LOVED Blues Clues. She had the notebook, a couple other toys and a stuffed Periwinkle. We still put two Blue ornaments on our Christmas tree each year.
A couple of other favorites, Bear in the Big Blue House and Little Bear (my personal fave). Anyone have kids that watched Gullah Gullah Island? or Out of the Box? We went and saw one of those live on stage, but I can't remember which one LOL.
For me I totally watched Romper Room, and New Zoo Revue, remember that one??

My oldest DD loved Gullah Gullah and we also watched Allegra's Window which we all loved.

For those of you that have booked Grand Canyon Village via UR Portal, what's the secret? All rooms are sold out on the portal, but not on the GC website.

I can't help with the UR part of your question BUT I can say that we are doing a big road trip out west this coming summer. I booked our night in Grand Canyon Village in early June (for early Aug 2020). At that time, when I called she had even told me there wasn't much left. I realized my son's football started and needed to move our trip up 2 weeks earlier in mid-July. I called and literally could only find one room.....so that was 13 months in advance.

this has paranoid me quite a bit so that every time i walk in, i always put the physical and digital security up right away.
I see your paranoia and raise you one more level... I stick a desk chair in front of the door so it’ll wake me up if anyone tries to get in. I stayed in a new hotel once where the flip things were flipping themselves when the door closed so my door was “locked” when I checked in. Maintenance came up and I saw how easy those flip things are to just push open with his piece of wire. A lot of things could substitute for that...

They say to allow 24 hours, I think. I even called them to ask because my cousin was in Orlando and wanting to go into USO that day and they said it is all dependent on when the tickets are sent to them from Uni. They don't have an inventory of tix sitting ready to send out. However, all our Disney tix have arrived by email very fast.
i was just coming to ask this about Disney tickets!

2 other questions- is UT still the best deal on WDW tickets? Anyone know if it UT codes as travel on CSP?

I must be somewhere in between age wise, because I definitely watched Sesame Street and Mr Rogers but also Care Bears, She-Ra, and He-Man were some of my faves. I had a She-Ra sleeping bag.

Lol, we must be in the same time frame. I was an '83 baby. I had a Rainbow Bright bike, got my first skip it, and watched A LOT of TV.....those you mentioned plus punky Brewster, Jem and the Holograms, etc. Then I got a tad older (like 6 or 7) and it was all New Kids on the Block, MTV, and TGIF with Family Matters, Full House, Step by Step.

One more thing for those who like dumplings - my friend flew J from Taiwan to Japan a few months ago on I think Eva Airlines and they served them up at 30K feet. She said it was awesome, and the only edible thing they served her on that flight. So I guess that would make it a mixed review.

I can't help with the UR part of your question BUT I can say that we are doing a big road trip out west this coming summer. I booked our night in Grand Canyon Village in early June (for early Aug 2020). At that time, when I called she had even told me there wasn't much left. I realized my son's football started and needed to move our trip up 2 weeks earlier in mid-July. I called and literally could only find one room.....so that was 13 months in advance.
We already have 3 nights book, but I would love to use points instead of real cash. We are going over Christmas break.

Does anyone have the US Bank Altitude reserve? I have never paid a fee that high, but it looks like I could get $325 travel credit (could use for car rental in Oahu) and $817 worth of rewards dollars after the MSR (that I could use for a couple of nights before we stay at Aulani) for that $400 fee? I haven't dealt with a US Bank card in a gazillion years, but I have been a US Bank checking customer for 5.5 years now.
I am looking for something to go with my CIP I will be applying for, I have a big chunk of spend coming up now, and in the next few months.
I have it! I have it! Are you gonna be my first DIS AR buddy?!!! It’s been so lonely here lol

On the DisneyWorld Tips page of DISChurners I have a write up on the AR. It’s a must read for the card in general and for how not to ruin your relationship with USBank because they don’t do second chances after you’re shutdown no matter who you are.

Fwiw I applied via their check your pre-approvals page. I went pending and called a few days later and the person on the phone specifically mentioned “I see you were pre-approved” so that might help if you’re borderline for some reason. It’s not a guarantee of approval as there are numerous DPs of pre-approvals not being approved.

In the long run...
Do not double dip the travel credit before you close the card, they will charge you for it. No churning of the card either. I’ve settled into a happy place of 3x mobile payments with 1.5x point value via RTR. Is it worth $75? Not right now as much as I like it (you don’t happen to have a StateFarm bill to pay? They take Apple Pay in the app FYI)- but I very well might change my tune with the CSR changes... I got a retention offer of 10k points last year and will try again this year. Retention offers are nothing, 5k or 10k.

Does anyone know if a redeposit fee for changing an award flight will trigger the Amex Plat airline credit? I need to change a trip, and I have 2 Plats with credits sitting around, but I don't want to be stuck with United as my airline of choice for the year unless I know that I've got a good use for the first $200 at least!
Per DansDeals, a redeposit fee counts, but I haven't done it personally. I looked up the FT thread on it and didn't find any recent DPs; checked FM too and nothing there either. Officially, the credit covers itinerary changes, so I would make the argument that a redeposit fee is in essence an itinerary change for award flights. It may require calling in. Hopefully someone with personal experience can chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter