I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just not go to Disney. You’ve been before & will go again, I’m assuming. 2022+ would be better.

Though my personal ranking would be something like...

1. Family
2. Cultural & historical sites
3. Things you can’t do at home
4. Disney
100. Aimlessly wander around a train station & watch people cross the street

:laughing:
But I definitely can't wander around a train station here, and now that I think about it, very few pedestrians around here! :rotfl:

CIP Insta-pproval :ccat:

I use separate emails for personal and biz. On the approval page where it has select if you want emailed statements, etc it had my personal email listed, not the business email which I did use on the app. Just an interesting, curious observation. I was incognito and not logged into my acct.

Congrats! I had a CIP approval tonight too, but had to wait 2 days for it. Always jelly of the instant approvals, lol.

Have any of you been to a concert during flower and garden? Is a dining package necessary?
They’re not typically as crowded as Candlelight Processionals and you have a better chance with standby. I think it also really depends on who you want to see out of the lineup.

It’s going to be a Good Friday! They’re finally here! 122k glorious SW points to go with the 4.8k which means CP here we come! I can’t add DS yet but should be able to shortly since it says complete. I think I deserve a cocktail at HH this afternoon. Thank you for your patience with my obsession this week!

You're confused by the hole? I can catch you up...

First Haley started trashing the muppets...

Then she self-banned herself because she realized she had committed high treason against America's greatest patriot:
View attachment 464024
So we sent her to the new Shun Hole...

Then she lost her way yet again...refused to go in the hole after trashing the muppets again...so somebody pushed her in...wasn't me!!
I fell into that HOLE didn't eye :) I don't really have an opinion one weigh or the other as to the Muppets but will side with Haley because she's nicer. ::yes:: ;)

Have any of you been to a concert during flower and garden? Is a dining package necessary?
I have been to a few of them every year for the last 3 or 4 years and have never had a dining package. Perhaps I wasn’t at the most popular ones or I just got lucky. The only one that I actually stood in line for was Dennis DeYoung, The rest we just walked in and sat down. I will be there in March and plan to go to Starship, not sure about Simple Plan. Wish Daughtry was playing when I am going.

I know those of you here will understand my pain.

Because I had to cut 4-5 days off my Japan itinerary due to flight availability dates, I am actually considering NOT going to Tokyo Disney AT ALL. There are so many things we want to see and I have only about 9 days in which to see them.

I am so sad.
I had originally planned 3 days TDR, 3-4 in Tokyo proper, and the remainder in Kyoto.

Uggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Hahaha this is basically my exact June trip! 4 nights in Tokyo, 2 nights in Osaka, and 3 nights at Tokyo Disney. We’ll do one day at DL and one day at DisneySea and fly out the last day.

How long does it take to get a refund of the deposit from Swan after you cancel a booking?
I think it was about 5 days for me last time I did that.

It’s going to be a Good Friday! They’re finally here! 122k glorious SW points to go with the 4.8k which means CP here we come! I can’t add DS yet but should be able to shortly since it says complete. I think I deserve a cocktail at HH this afternoon. Thank you for your patience with my obsession this week!
:dance3:Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! :dance3:

Glad it finally got sorted out for you!

Congratulations! So glad they finally posted for you!

Hahaha this is basically my exact June trip! 4 nights in Tokyo, 2 nights in Osaka, and 3 nights at Tokyo Disney. We’ll do one day at DL and one day at DisneySea and fly out the last day.
I have never been to Japan but my niece went to school in Osaka for one semester while in college ( she minored in Japanese) She was also looking into a program to go back again to live there for a year called Jet. Interesting and exciting opportunity for a young adult.

All of that being said 2 questions
1. By “we” do you mean you and your partner are both on the cards? We generally recommend avoiding that as it adds to your 5/24 count. You are at 2/24 right now and you could EACH get a sapphire and combine your UR as chase allows sharing between households.
2. Are you open to business cards? The CIP is a Chase biz card with a 80k sign up bonus and will NOT add to your 5/24 count.

Thank you for the comparison between the two Chase Sapphire cards!

For the Chase Freedom I think he's the primary and I'm an authorized user. And vice versa for the Disney Chase.
Or, did you mean the two new cards? If so, I'm the only one on the Ikea card and he's the only one on the Lowes card.

Yes, I'd be interested to learn more about business cards.

Also... lived in CNY for 15 years and half my family still lives in the Syracuse area :)

We decided to modify our spring break trip - we can't be away for as long as we had hoped, so we are only going to Austria (dropping the Portugal part of the trip). Notes about changing our award travel with United - it was HUCA city, but all worked out in the end.

First agent - told me I could redeposit my miles for a fee of $125, then came back and said because I was 61+ days out from the flight, it would only be $75. I was still deciding what to do, so so I ended the call.

Called back. Second agent - told me that redeposit was going to be $125, if I did the $75 option I could only rebook the flight for the same passengers. I asked her to find the flight I wanted to change to and she found one award flight - economy only. I said that I had seen multiple award options when I was looking on the website and she legit hung up on me. Apparently did not want to deal with finding the flight I wanted. And she was flat wrong about the redeposit/rebooking thing, as it turns out.

Called back - got first agent again. She efficiently did the redeposit for me (2x - we had booked 2 tix on DH's account and 2 tix on my account). She said it would be $75 per ticket.

3 hours later - DH's points are back in his account (showed up 5 mins after I cancelled the flight), but mine are not showing up. In the meantime, I figured out that it should have only been $50 per person redeposit, because I'm silver elite. Third agent- looked at what had been done, and saw we were actually only charged the $50 redeposit (so the system worked even though both prior agents didn't know how it worked). She saw my points were "stuck", and had to call some other department to unstick them. Had me on hold for 25 minutes (checking in every so often), then said the person who had to do this was "new" and it seemed to be taking a long time, so she would let me go instead of keeping me on hold while she found someone else to assist. My points showed up about a half hour later.

When I originally booked these tix, I booked 2 and 2 by doing one order on my computer while I was on the phone with United. United res went through, but my online order errored out, and when I went back in, the award availability in business class was gone. So I only had 2 seats in business (and the other leg was economy, because there was never any business availability for the flight I wanted). Also, the agent on the phone screwed up my DDs middle name spelling (and it is not an unusual name or spelling), and I have been trying for months to get it corrected, with no luck.

New booking - new dates. I booked all 4 of our outbound tix together through my account - got 4 seats in Polaris business class on the long haul, plus Austrian business on the hop. Then I booked our return tix through DH's account - also got all 4 of us in Polaris business on the return long haul, plus Swiss business on the first leg. A much better itinerary - and no spelling errors in the name!

Totally new to this and not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the thread pace, but worth a try... Any suggestions and advice welcome. Posting info mentioned on pg1, but let me know if other info would be helpful.

Current Cards that we've had for years--
Chase Freedom (use for regular spending)
Chase Disney (don't really use much because the rewards are pointless)

Recent ones we have opened--
03/19 Ikea Projekt
03/19 Lowes

*There's a "You're already approved" message for the Chase Sapphire Preferred (60,000 bonus points) plus an offer for $600 for Chase checking and savings that I noticed when I logged into my Chase account.
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly? $2000 regular expenses-- could increase if we used cards to pay bills (I usually pay utilities and things from my bank account). More when we are using for home renovations or travel.
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? Never paid one penny of interest
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? No
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport? Yes, I think
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? (if so, which programs and how much) Just flew on American Airlines for Christmas. No other points accrued.
  • Who does your travel party consist of? Depends on trip-- either just me and spouse or also two teens, occasionally adult daughter as well
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!) Cash and Travel. Within the last year we have drastically reduced our expenses (downsized by half) and increased our income. We are saving a lot, but another motivator for making the change was being able to travel more.
  • When do you plan to take these trips? (Keep in mind that it can be difficult to earn points/miles to cover imminent travel...it's best to plan far in advance, especially with regards to international travel) We are planning a family trip to the NW (Washington, Oregon, Calif) in July. A trip to Rwanda (next summer). We have several other future trips, but nothing set on those (Europe family, Hawaii with my parents, something tropical as a couple)

Welcome! I see that you want to use points for cash and travel, but more specifically what do you want to use them for? Flights to Rwanda, Europe, Hawaii? If so, it might help to know which airlines you are looking at. Sometimes MR (Amex) are better and sometimes UR (Chase) are better. I like URs because it is easier to get plenty and they seem more versatile to me. You may want to jump on the CSR before the fee bumps on the 12th. But if you do go for the CSP (which is the standard offer and you can use a Dischurner link) then you could also refer your player 2 for the same card and get additional points. Your total would be 60k UR for sign up bonus, + at least 5K from the spend (depending on what you spent travel vs groceries etc + 15k support bonus UR + 60k Ur for P2 + at least 5K from spend = at least 145K UR just from those 2 cards. Or if you would like to open a business card the CIP would be similar but 80k UR for signup bonus and 20k for support bonus. The URs can add up fast in 2 player mode. Or you could do all 4 plus more! Remember to not add your P2 as AU on your new cards.

I am really interested in your Rwanda trip. I may be looking at a similar trip next year but I will not know for sure until a few things fall into place.

Anyone successfully open a Chase business checking account online and receive the bonus? I'm seriously considering the $500 bonus offer but don't want to spend an hour sitting in the bank .
I’m curious about this too. Thought about going through the online application to see if there’s a place to enter the offer code, just haven’t gotten around to it. Hopefully someone can answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter