I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase Expands/Extends Pay Yourself Back through APRIL 2021!!
  • Chase Sapphire Preferred and Reserve: Continuing through April 30, 2021, Sapphire Reserve cardmembers’ points will be worth 50% more, and 25% more for Sapphire Preferred cardmembers, when redeemed for statement credits through Chase towards purchases at grocery and home improvement stores, when dining at restaurants, including takeout and delivery services, as well as contributions to eligible charitable organizations.
  • Chase Ink Business Preferred and Plus: October 1, 2020 through the end of the year, cardmembers’ points will be worth 25% more when applied to select online advertising and shipping purchases, as well as towards contributions made to eligible charitable organizations.
  • All other Ultimate Rewards eligible credit cards including Chase Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and the new Freedom Flex: Starting October 1, 2020, points will be worth 25% more when redeemed towards donations made to eligible charitable organizations.
Yippee! I have 280k ur right now but I can hopefully add another 75k or so by April (or more if I apply for another business card). I was saving those for tickets to Europe but now I might just cash out my URs and maybe use my Platinum card to buy the tickets. Not sure, just something I'm toying with.

Yippee! I have 280k ur right now but I can hopefully add another 75k or so by April (or more if I apply for another business card). I was saving those for tickets to Europe but now I might just cash out my URs and maybe use my Platinum card to buy the tickets. Not sure, just something I'm toying with.
We’ve kept about 400k URs because we keep hoping to get back to Japan and want the points available but it’s tempting to use them all by paying ourselves back

I have 400,000 UR's as well. Have cashed out some but will probably hang on to most of them for future travel. Waiting to see if December cruise is still happening. If not, that is about 200,000 more UR's would get back. I may buy another $500-$1000 in Disney Gift Cards for future use.

Just a little Doordash fiasco (that turned good). I was ordering Doordash at work for 4 of us as I have the Dashpass. Total was about $75. I kept hitting the order and it would say it completed but then the items were still in my cart. I did this 5 times. So, I figured it was not working and go and do something else. I get a call for the Dasher and he is at the restaurant and they can see 2 orders for me but cannot see what was ordered. I told him to just forget it as site was messed up. He left and a few minutes later another Dasher arrives. Same scenario. I call Door Dash and just get a recording that they are having issues and wait time to talk to someone is over 30 minutes. Later I looked online and had 5- $75 charges pending. A guy from Doordash called and said for me to cancel my orders - which I could not do as there was no orders showing to cancel. I told him about the pending charges and he assured me they would not go through. Well, of course they did. I called again a few times and spoke with a few different people and they were finally able to get everything credited back... But the best thing is everytime they would do a credit they also gave me some DoorDash credits. I now have $322 in Doordash Credits to use. Free food for a while!! Of course, kids in college can't wait to get their hands on some of the credits.

Chase Expands/Extends Pay Yourself Back through APRIL 2021!!
  • Chase Sapphire Preferred and Reserve: Continuing through April 30, 2021, Sapphire Reserve cardmembers’ points will be worth 50% more, and 25% more for Sapphire Preferred cardmembers, when redeemed for statement credits through Chase towards purchases at grocery and home improvement stores, when dining at restaurants, including takeout and delivery services, as well as contributions to eligible charitable organizations.
  • Chase Ink Business Preferred and Plus: October 1, 2020 through the end of the year, cardmembers’ points will be worth 25% more when applied to select online advertising and shipping purchases, as well as towards contributions made to eligible charitable organizations.
  • All other Ultimate Rewards eligible credit cards including Chase Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and the new Freedom Flex: Starting October 1, 2020, points will be worth 25% more when redeemed towards donations made to eligible charitable organizations.
I have the Amex that I recently upgraded to the one that pays 6% back for groceries. Is this better to use than the amex at grocery stores? Or are people using it more for other purchase? Would tat mean the points are worth 1.5% instead of 1.25% on a CSP?

Made the difficult decision to cancel our Oct trip. The excitement of anticipation is just not there. I don't know if it is too short notice, but I did ask David's if they could list my BWV studio on their dedicated reservation page. Anyone want to go Oct 17-21, it may show up! Now I really wish I had cancelled my AP for a refund. It's good till early March now, but who knows if I will get there in Feb even?

Sad to hear you cancelled, but I understand. If only your reservation was a bit earlier, I may have taken you up on it...LOL.

Sooooo I suppose this is mainly directed at @SouthFayetteFan ... and please forgive me because I've clearly missed something.

You're talking about basically using your Chase URs to pay all or a portion of your Chase credit card bill, is that what I am understanding?

This is something you've previously had the opportunity to do, but have not done before because it was always a better "deal" to use them for travel, correct?

I'm just trying to make sure I understand this correctly. I have just been saving the "new" URs I've collected against a day when we might be able to travel again but I might be interested in this, too, if travel is off the table for the foreseeable future.

And then for those following on my Amex 10% back up to $40 at Staples.. Still no credits showing and the charges posted several days ago. The one from the 19th is particularly worrying me as it's been almost 10 days.

Has anyone specifically used that Staples offer on Disney gift cards (which is what I bought) and had it credit as you expected?

And then for those following on my Amex 10% back up to $40 at Staples.. Still no credits showing and the charges posted several days ago. The one from the 19th is particularly worrying me as it's been almost 10 days.

Has anyone specifically used that Staples offer on Disney gift cards (which is what I bought) and had it credit as you expected?

View attachment 528557
That is odd. I've had no issues in the past with GC purchases and these offers. I had a Staples purchase on 9/2 (non GC) and the 10% credit posted on 9/3. Probably a silly question, but you can see the offer in your list of "added to card" offers and not in the "available" offers, right?

That is odd. I've had no issues in the past with GC purchases and these offers. I had a Staples purchase on 9/2 (non GC) and the 10% credit posted on 9/3. Probably a silly question, but you can see the offer in your list of "added to card" offers and not in the "available" offers, right?
That's actually a very good question. I did think about that just around the time I posted my question above.

I don't actually see the offer in either page (available or added) and now I cannot remember when it expired! Ugh I am so dumb.

Maybe I never added it.

This is why screen shots are important!

Sooooo I suppose this is mainly directed at @SouthFayetteFan ... and please forgive me because I've clearly missed something.

You're talking about basically using your Chase URs to pay all or a portion of your Chase credit card bill, is that what I am understanding?

This is something you've previously had the opportunity to do, but have not done before because it was always a better "deal" to use them for travel, correct?

I'm just trying to make sure I understand this correctly. I have just been saving the "new" URs I've collected against a day when we might be able to travel again but I might be interested in this, too, if travel is off the table for the foreseeable future.
So in the past I've cashed out my Ultimate Rewards directly to a checking account. Notably, last year I did it to the tune of $15,000 and was quite pleased with that move. BUT if you do that it is only at 1 cpp. I always chose to deposit in a checking account instead of offsetting charges for numerous reasons.

If you've had a CSR you've always been able to use your points at 1.5cpp via the UR travel portal. BUT since Disney Resorts got removed from the portal a couple of years ago that eliminated my best method of using URs at 1.5cpp. I have used some URs for Universal Studios at 1.5cpp via CSR and I've also transferred some to Hyatt which can provide a great value. Others have found value in transferring to SW (but I have so many SW points that's not an issue for me); and other folks have also transferred to other travel partners when either (a) the value was right OR (b) they needed to top off their account to hit a redemption.

The Chase Pay Yourself Back (PYB) benefit which was introduced earlier this year provided a unique opportunity to suddenly get 1.5cpp on your URs via a CSR for purchases at Grocery Stores, Home Improvement Stores & Restaurants. The drawback here vs. a true "cash out" is you have to first spend money in those categories to then use your points. But if you think about the category (especially Grocery & Home Improvement), some of those locations sell gift cards and can provide other opportunities to use your points. So yes, I am spending in those categories on my CSR and then using my URs at 1.5cpp to "pay" for those charges. Hopefully that's helpful!

Every time I try to product change with chase they tell me i need to increase my credit limit and it’s a hard pull to do so — am I doing this wrong? I thought hard pulls were “bad”

So in the past I've cashed out my Ultimate Rewards directly to a checking account. Notably, last year I did it to the tune of $15,000 and was quite pleased with that move. BUT if you do that it is only at 1 cpp. I always chose to deposit in a checking account instead of offsetting charges for numerous reasons.

If you've had a CSR you've always been able to use your points at 1.5cpp via the UR travel portal. BUT since Disney Resorts got removed from the portal a couple of years ago that eliminated my best method of using URs at 1.5cpp. I have used some URs for Universal Studios at 1.5cpp via CSR and I've also transferred some to Hyatt which can provide a great value. Others have found value in transferring to SW (but I have so many SW points that's not an issue for me); and other folks have also transferred to other travel partners when either (a) the value was right OR (b) they needed to top off their account to hit a redemption.

The Chase Pay Yourself Back (PYB) benefit which was introduced earlier this year provided a unique opportunity to suddenly get 1.5cpp on your URs via a CSR for purchases at Grocery Stores, Home Improvement Stores & Restaurants. The drawback here vs. a true "cash out" is you have to first spend money in those categories to then use your points. But if you think about the category (especially Grocery & Home Improvement), some of those locations sell gift cards and can provide other opportunities to use your points. So yes, I am spending in those categories on my CSR and then using my URs at 1.5cpp to "pay" for those charges. Hopefully that's helpful!
OK, this is helpful; thank you.

I have only the CSP, not the CSR, so I get a lower redemption value but I can still use it towards restaurant and groceries, looks like.

Hmmm this might be something to look into.

Thank you!

Every time I try to product change with chase they tell me i need to increase my credit limit and it’s a hard pull to do so — am I doing this wrong? I thought hard pulls were “bad”
What card are you PCing? And what are you PCing it to? There is a mininum CL for certain cards to do a PC... And yes hard pulls are bad and you do not want to do that. What you want to do is first transfer CL from another card to that card to reach the min CL. You can instantly move CL around between all of your cards while on the phone with no issue, so even if you have to do it from multiple cards, it's possible.

What card are you PCing? And what are you PCing it to? There is a mininum CL for certain cards to do a PC... And yes hard pulls are bad and you do not want to do that. What you want to do is first transfer CL from another card to that card to reach the min CL. You can instantly move CL around between all of your cards while on the phone with no issue, so even if you have to do it from multiple cards, it's possible.

CSP> CFF. CSP currently has 4K, they say I need 5 for the CFF. I have 1k CL on an old amazon CC, 1k on a SW and 500 on a CFU. Sounds like I need to move 500 from the amazon and SW into the csp and try again?

View attachment 528557

I used my Staples offer on Disney GCs no problem, but I thought it expired a couple weeks ago now...

CSP> CFF. CSP currently has 4K, they say I need 5 for the CFF. I have 1k CL on an old amazon CC, 1k on a SW and 500 on a CFU. Sounds like I need to move 500 from the amazon and SW into the csp and try again?

That will only work if they'll move the credit for you. I've read dps of the system saying there's no credit to move.

I find it interesting that the cff requires 5k when the csr is 10k. You'd think 4k would be plenty. Has your csp always been 4k or did you lower it at some point, just curious.

Yikes, that’s tough with such low CLs! My general rule of thumb is to keep at least $1k per card with an extra $10k above that (housed somewhere... whether all on one card or across multiple cards). But in theory it should work for you.

That will only work if they'll move the credit for you. I've read dps of the system saying there's no credit to move.

I find it interesting that the cff requires 5k when the csr is 10k. You'd think 4k would be plenty. Has your csp always been 4k or did you lower it at some point, just curious.

csp has been 4K since forever, I think. let me give this a try and see what happens...

I used my Staples offer on Disney GCs no problem, but I thought it expired a couple weeks ago now...
Oh gosh. Maybe that's what happened.

Uggggghhhhhhhh

Well. I needed the GC's anyway but I would sure love to have purchased them at a discount!

*sigh*

Will pay better attention next time...

Oh gosh. Maybe that's what happened.

Uggggghhhhhhhh

Well. I needed the GC's anyway but I would sure love to have purchased them at a discount!

*sigh*

Will pay better attention next time...
I feel like my Staples offer expires on 12/31. Have you given it a week yet? If not, you may have nothing to worry about. Amex Offers take 2-5 days to credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter