I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so confused. I ordered sofas from Maiden Home 4.5 weeks ago. Delivery estimate was 12-14 weeks. You can track your order's progress on their website and my sofas are being sprung up. But today I got a call from Dunmar saying they had a delivery for me tomorrow. Dunmar delivered my bathroom vanity Monday so I figured it was a mistake. They claim they have my couches. Maiden Home says that makes no sense. And if they do, I need to get rid of my other couches fast. I guess maybe the lesson is order American made and it comes quickly:)
I ordered DS uniform oxfords and pants over 2 months ago and I am still waiting! I should have just made the hour trek to their local store.

I’m really hoping you all can solve this for me. I’m about 12k points short of organic companion pass for 2022.

Ideas? I have a SW personal and biz.

I just did the holiday shopping portal bonus, which is already accounted for (fyi, 3500 pts for $1000 shopping, if anyone else is close).
Do they have any super cheap subscriptions with big bonuses on the shopping portal? Purchase a fully refundable SW flight or two, allow the points to post and cancel the flight?

I’m really hoping you all can solve this for me. I’m about 12k points short of organic companion pass for 2022.

Ideas? I have a SW personal and biz.

I just did the holiday shopping portal bonus, which is already accounted for (fyi, 3500 pts for $1000 shopping, if anyone else is close).
Sweet talk someone into signing up for a SW credit card? I believe the referral bonus is 20k points right now.

This will all work itself out and I wouldn’t use what is happening now in your cc plan. If you have an upcoming trip just get the flight numbers you are considering, go to flightaware- and see if they are having issues. We fly to Panama next weekend and I check every day to see if they are canceled, delayed or on time. We rarely book without checking recent historical data first. These days if you don’t you are rolling the dice. You can see 3 months of flight history free when you sign up as a basic user. Like they say on the commercials- don’t leave home without it.
good plan.... I appreciate all your replies on this....soooo.... I know quite a few of you here are going for cp 22/23 I've done it before but the cc options are a bit different this time. I've read thru the fireside chat again just to keep up- I'm not confident in the 2"biz" option ..... any dp's I can check out to see how that's going for people in the " " category?:smooth:

Last edited:
Does anyone have a Chime bank account? I see it on best bank bonuses' on Doctor of Credit. looks like there's a support option but I don't see it on the dischurners' Misc. support thread. If you have one - put it over there and I'm going to try and double dip the Swagbucks and support links.
Done :)

Why'd it take so long? Mine was maybe 20 because it took forever for them to finish so I kept doing stuff outside the app while I waited for the notification.

I have no idea. The rep would type something, I’d respond, and then silence for a few minutes. It almost seemed like they were helping someone else at the same time.
Of course, once I agreed to the offer the chat disconnected and froze. I was able to get back and get my agreement. Thankfully I was at work and super slow. Otherwise I would have just tried again a different day.

good plan.... I appreciate all your replies on this....soooo.... I know quite a few of you here are going for cp 22/23 I've done it before but the cc options are a bit different this time. I've read thru the fireside chat again just to keep up- I'm not confident in the 2"biz" option ..... any dp's I can check out to see how that's going for people in the " " category?:smooth:
No DP yet but I applied for one SW business card in October…instant approval …planning on applying for the second in December…..if not approved I’ll close my SW personal card, wait then apply for a new one

Last edited:
I have no idea. The rep would type something, I’d respond, and then silence for a few minutes. It almost seemed like they were helping someone else at the same time.
Of course, once I agreed to the offer the chat disconnected and froze. I was able to get back and get my agreement. Thankfully I was at work and super slow. Otherwise I would have just tried again a different day.

Part of why I like using the AP for chat it'll notify when there's a new message so don't have to babysit it.

In regards to a new card, if you are up to collecting more URs and having a better redemption rate, the CSP just wrapped an all time high bonus of 100k URs. The good news is there are still DPs of the offer being live if you apply in-branch, plus the $95 AF is waived. I'd recommend this card for P1 and P2. But, you have to act quickly- probably within the next few days, but it could disappear anytime. You can then redeem URs at .0125 cents rather than the 1 cent redemption rate you'll get, if you are booking through the Chase Travel portal.

Before transferring points to an awards program like Marriott, I'd always check that same rate through the Chase Travel Portal (assuming you get the CSP). Let's say you can get that room at the Swolphin for 50k per night. If it's $300 through the travel portal, with a CSR, you'd pay only 24k URs. Of course through Marriott, there's the 5th night free when booked on points. You can do the math, but you'll probably still come out ahead with booking through the portal.
I didn’t think Swan or Dolphin are available through the Chase travel portal is it?

Just had some more thoughts. Get a Hyatt membership number. Transfer 100k URs to Hyatt and stay at the Regency for 5 nights. It isn't as convenient as the Swolphin, but will save you at least 100k URs. This leaves you with 250k URs. Use the leftover points towards 2 RT economy class tix you would transfer either United- then you pay for 2 of your expenses instead of one- and you will still have some points leftover.
Appreciate your response! Would you still feel the same way if I said I’ll have a 6 and 8 yr old with me in addition to my spouse?

It's not, that slipped my mind too. But if you act fast, you might be able to get the Swan Reserve before they block it again. Chase portal is switching back to Connexions, that might be why it slipped through the cracks.
Oh wow. Do u know how it’s listed there? By “T” or “S” if sorting by alphabetical order?

Oh wow. Do u know how it’s listed there? By “T” or “S” if sorting by alphabetical order?

I booked the Swan Reserve on the Chase Travel portal today. It still showed Powered by Expedia. Some people with CSRs are reporting seeing Powered by Expedia, while some people with CSP are seeing the other travel engine. I searched for Walt Disney world resort, then put "Swan" in the "Search by property name" box.

This could disappear any minute.

I booked the Swan Reserve on the Chase Travel portal today. It still showed Powered by Expedia. Some people with CSRs are reporting seeing Powered by Expedia, while some people with CSP are seeing the other travel engine. I searched for Walt Disney world resort, then put "Swan" in the "Search by property name" box.

This could disappear any minute.
So you need a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Sapphire Reserve to see that option then?

So you need a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Sapphire Reserve to see that option then?

Accessing Chase travel portal
Earning and redeeming Chase Ultimate Rewards points
To access the Chase travel portal, you’ll need to have a credit card that earns Chase Ultimate Rewards points, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve®, Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card, Ink Business Cash® Credit Card, Chase Freedom Unlimited® or Chase Freedom Flex℠.

You'll find the Swan, Dolphin and Reserve on REGULAR Expedia, but I understand there has been some blocking of these properties historically on the Chase travel portal (sorry, didn't know that history). But right now, the Swan Reserve is showing up on the Chase Travel portal for some users, but not all. I had to search a bit to find it myself.

Here's some info I posted about booking the Swan Reserve vs through Bonvoy.

I did a dummy search and looks like Swan Reserve comes up on the Chase Travel Portal. And, looks like (with CSR), it would be 30.6k points versus the 60k points Marriott would like you to pay.

View attachment 619419
View attachment 619421
Great thinking- I booked 3 nights as well for a spring trip. With taxes, ended up at $37k/nt for a Signature Suite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter