I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a question I figure someone will know!

There's currently an Amex offer for Sam's Club membership but for new memberships only. I've had one for years so I obviously don't qualify, but would my husband, opening one in his own name, qualify? He is currently an "additional cardholder" on my account (the one that is free to other household members).

We need to renew soon so I thought this might be a good time.

Also, does anyone know (if we were to do this because I've seen "special offers" on Sam's in all sorts of places)... after my own membership has been expired for a year, can I do the offer again after HIS membership expires? Would they consider me "new" again or no?

i flip flop memberships between my mom and I and just keep the login info on our phones so we both can use it. Sams Club ppl dont seem to care. I went to get a passport photo once under my mom's account. her name popped up but the cashier didnt question it.

but yeah, it should work. i typically go after the groupon deal though...

edit: would note though, they dont like repeating emails... so you will probably need a new email per new account.

Here is a question I figure someone will know!

There's currently an Amex offer for Sam's Club membership but for new memberships only. I've had one for years so I obviously don't qualify, but would my husband, opening one in his own name, qualify? He is currently an "additional cardholder" on my account (the one that is free to other household members).

We need to renew soon so I thought this might be a good time.

Also, does anyone know (if we were to do this because I've seen "special offers" on Sam's in all sorts of places)... after my own membership has been expired for a year, can I do the offer again after HIS membership expires? Would they consider me "new" again or no?
I just create a new gmail email account every year, to stay a NEW member. Never had an issue.

i flip flop memberships between my mom and I and just keep the login info on our phones so we both can use it. Sams Club ppl dont seem to care. I went to get a passport photo once under my mom's account. her name popped up but the cashier didnt question it.

but yeah, it should work. i typically go after the groupon deal though...

edit: would note though, they dont like repeating emails... so you will probably need a new email per new account.

I just create a new gmail email account every year, to stay a NEW member. Never had an issue.
I knew this thread would have the answer!

Thank you!

Staples has waved fees this week on $200 MC GCs. I've only purchased VGCs there before. Do the MC ones work the same in that they are pin based and can be used at some WMs for MOs?

Any recommendations for a hotel in Albuquerque? I am planning for March 2023. Doing a big loop of Albuquerque, Los Alamos, Carlsbad and White Sands. I have spots everywhere except for Albuquerque. Could do IHG or Marriott with FNC or anything with URs. Thanks.

Does anyone on here have a cruise booked through Costco and if so how are you getting through to Costco Travel? Just tried to call them and they are not even taking calls! I have a September cruise booked for the Norwegian fjords that I need to pay off. Thanks.

Does anyone on here have a cruise booked through Costco and if so how are you getting through to Costco Travel? Just tried to call them and they are not even taking calls! I have a September cruise booked for the Norwegian fjords that I need to pay off. Thanks.
So I had to call this week. Wednesday was 30 days and they had VGT rates for what I paid for my 9C. Other people on my cruise group were able to move to these offers.

What I did Monday night was call incessantly until I wasn't disconnected. I finally got through at 8PM after about 15 calls. Waited on hold for over an hour (I think they said the hold time was 1.5 to 2 hours?) then I accidentally disconnected the call.

So I called Tuesday AM and timed it to hit 2, 2 (cruises, Disney cruises) exactly at 10:00 AM. That worked and I got right through.

So I had to call this week. Wednesday was 30 days and they had VGT rates for what I paid for my 9C. Other people on my cruise group were able to move to these offers.

What I did Monday night was call incessantly until I wasn't disconnected. I finally got through at 8PM after about 15 calls. Waited on hold for over an hour (I think they said the hold time was 1.5 to 2 hours?) then I accidentally disconnected the call.

So I called Tuesday AM and timed it to hit 2, 2 (cruises, Disney cruises) exactly at 10:00 AM. That worked and I got right through.
Thanks! I’m hoping for a military rate. The 7 night cruise after mine (September 11th British Isles cruise) just got put on a military rate. Hoping this happens for my Norwegian fjords cruise. Is that 10am eastern time?

Thanks! I’m hoping for a military rate. The 7 night cruise after mine (September 11th British Isles cruise) just got put on a military rate. Hoping this happens for my Norwegian fjords cruise. Is that 10am eastern time?
Yes 10 AM ET. But if you call tomorrow I think it's 11 AM ET.

And I wasn't able to move mine because I'd used a place holder. And DCL moved me from the room I selected to another room which I don't like as much. But honestly, it's all fine.

DS’s last day of school keeps changing and now he is done on 5/27. Just booked Hilton Marco Island and HR Clearwater Beach for vacay. I figure it will be a nice drive up the Gulf since that is one of the areas we will considering for retirement. Plus DS can check out U of South Florida while we are there.
Swing by Naples! We retired here in October and love it! Have heard Sarasota is nice too.

Yes 10 AM ET. But if you call tomorrow I think it's 11 AM ET.

And I wasn't able to move mine because I'd used a place holder. And DCL moved me from the room I selected to another room which I don't like as much. But honestly, it's all fine.
Thanks! The PIF date is in June so I’m hoping to cancel, then rebook if military rates come out before the PIF date. Mine was also a placeholder from our last cruise in August 2019. The military rates are usually a nice savings when offered.

Thanks! The PIF date is in June so I’m hoping to cancel, then rebook if military rates come out before the PIF date. Mine was also a placeholder from our last cruise in August 2019. The military rates are usually a nice savings when offered.
Got it. I could have canceled and rebooked but I think I would have lost my Palo reservations. And with VGT it would have been $400 or so more without the 10% plus no $200 OBC. I can ask about an upgrade at the port. My new room is right at the midship elevators on deck 2 which sounds a bit loud, but I've heard the ship is only at 40%.

I hope you can get military rates. I love that DCL does this as you certainly deserve these discounts!

Omg our Disneyland trip is jinxed. I have rebooked everything 3 times due to Covid. Had to get tickets reissued since they were all expired, rebooked hotels near universal Hollywood and DLR, made park reservations, booked flights, managed to get a couple dining reservations and booked World Of Golor dessert party. 42 days before we leave and I fell and broke my shoulder today 😭

Oh no! So sorry for you! Hope it heals well and fast.

Sounds like a great trip! How was your experience with the eMed COVID testing? Exploring our options now for an upcoming international trip and eMed is on my list of options.

We've used eMed almost exclusively for COVID testing, in Iceland, Mexico, France and Cayman Islands and it's worked well every time. Now we get about $12 reimbursement per test through our insurance company, so that's nice too. Never had any connectivity issues, wait times or supply issues. Once had an issue with their ability to scan one of the box's QR codes, but they got it to work. Shipping is fast.

Pro tip: Kids get registered under an adult. Have each adult register a kid so you can cycle through the tests faster.

Does anyone in this group happen to have (or had) a child at Penn State? DS heads there this fall, and I’m trying to get a handle on how to maximize paying tuition. I know different schools have different rules, so I’ll save my questions until I know if anyone has been through it with Penn State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter