I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think I'm probably going to down grade the card after my anniversary. I don't need to be forced to spend my own money on restaurants and use the credit towards Marriott points. Much rather get 3x ur's for my dining, or better still 5x and use a Visa or MC gift card. I'll have to look at the benefits again to be sure I'm not missing anything. I get gold free of a biz card and personal card combined each year and have held platinum for 3 years.

Still will keep my Bonvoy cards for the $95 FNC's and a few offers here and there.
re: the Brilliant card and moving to restaurant credit:

Anniversary: I got approved on August 23rd, the first day it was available. That's my anniversary? Does the $300 reset then? Will I get it this year? Or are they doing something like get it after statement posts (September).

I don't know why I'm worried/thinking about it. I had already planned a downgrade.

re: the Brilliant card and moving to restaurant credit:

Anniversary: I got approved on August 23rd, the first day it was available. That's my anniversary? Does the $300 reset then? Will I get it this year? Or are they doing something like get it after statement posts (September).

I don't know why I'm worried/thinking about it. I had already planned a downgrade.
I think it starts that date Reddit is on fire about it that's where I saw it.
I ditched the card as many know in this thread just more of a bummer I guess. Just my thought but eventually, all Amex credits will go monthly or quarterly because it makes you spend more.
edit another thought. I also wouldn't be shocked if there is another higher Marriot card coming for say 1k or whatever that rumor was 750$? I'm still waiting for the imaginary chase Hyatt premium card to compete maybe that will make them change. (it was supposed to come with platinum status and other stuff).

Last edited:
Besides the CIU, are there any other biz cards that offer no finance charges for the first 12 months? Or even first 6 months? We have several biz purchases due in July and I would like to pay over time.
The Wells Fargo business card I just got came with 0% for 9 months

I think it starts that date Reddit is on fire about it that's where I saw it.
I ditched the card as many know in this thread just more of a bummer I guess. Just my thought but eventually, all Amex credits will go monthly or quarterly because it makes you spend more.
edit another thought. I also wouldn't be shocked if there is another higher Marriot card coming for say 1k or whatever that rumor was 750$? I'm still waiting for the imaginary chase Hyatt premium card to compete maybe that will make them change. (it was supposed to come with platinum status and other stuff).

The thing was that the $300 credit combined with a 20% offer actually was usable, and I got value each year I've had the card. I got really sick of the small credits monthly on the Gold card and ditched it, especially after I had to call a few times to get credited. This deal has value only for Amex. There's nothing 'extra' there for the card holder. The value of Marriott points are questionable other than to bulk up a FNC. I'm afraid mine will be gone and I'll replace it next year with another to be determined card. I was thinking CSR but I have the CSP almost 3 years now - have another year and just under a half to go.

Looking for advice… wanting to book flight on AA to New Orleans. Best deal is AA with a connection in ORD. The connection time is only 35 minutes. Any idea is AA uses the same terminal? And will AA book us on the next available flight if we miss the connection? (It has us landing after 10pm so we are fine with flying out early the next morning)

Has anyone recently applied for an Amex Biz card? I got a NLL Biz Plat email offer, and when I try to apply, it's telling me my federal tax ID cannot be the same as my SSN. It's for a "business" so I don't have anything other than a SSN. Has anyone else encountered this? I feel like this is a new development...

I ran into this. I think I didn't see the area that asks you to select business structure or didn't select Sole Proprietor. Once I made that change, I was able to proceed with just my SSN.

Interesting do from r/churning in the do thread. I don't know how to embed the comment like someone else has.

I’m interested in dp’s or counter-dp’s to support or disprove a hypothesis on bypassing popup jail: if you are maxed out on Amex credit cards and apply for another while in jail, you’ll get a denial but not the popup. You can then close a card and recon, and the card will be opened with bonus attached. Should also work if you recently closed a 5th card and need to recon. I’m in jail and this worked for me twice now - but jail is so ymmv, could just be a fluke.

Looking for advice… wanting to book flight on AA to New Orleans. Best deal is AA with a connection in ORD. The connection time is only 35 minutes. Any idea is AA uses the same terminal? And will AA book us on the next available flight if we miss the connection? (It has us landing after 10pm so we are fine with flying out early the next morning)
Would not recommend at ORD. Even if same terminal they are known for delays at ORD. AA is terminal 3 which has 4 concourses. AA uses at least 2 of them, maybe 3 IIRC.

In some regards, it would be easier to use (though harder to double dip). But, I was planning to ditch the card anyhow so I could pick up the 5x 50k free nights from Chase. Time to switch teams!
yeah, the thing is I am debating that card just because of the bonus.. but I'm so mad at Marriot since I've been degraded maybe I shouldn't. 😁 but I'm on the fence. I'm all team Hyatt now but sometimes I'm stuck choosing Marriot.
The thing was that the $300 credit combined with a 20% offer actually was usable, and I got value each year I've had the card. I got really sick of the small credits monthly on the Gold card and ditched it, especially after I had to call a few times to get credited. This deal has value only for Amex. There's nothing 'extra' there for the card holder. The value of Marriott points are questionable other than to bulk up a FNC. I'm afraid mine will be gone and I'll replace it next year with another to be determined card. I was thinking CSR but I have the CSP almost 3 years now - have another year and just under a half to go.
I never had the bonus in a lifetime platinum elite and haven't felt cared for I should have gone team Hyatt a long time ago. I never had the 20% I just was annoyed with the card (for my situation). I'm over being bitter about it Hyatt could merge with DVC tomorrow you never know (I'm kidding!)

yeah, the thing is I am debating that card just because of the bonus.. but I'm so mad at Marriot since I've been degraded maybe I shouldn't. 😁 but I'm on the fence. I'm all team Hyatt now but sometimes I'm stuck choosing Marriot.

I never had the bonus in a lifetime platinum elite and haven't felt cared for I should have gone team Hyatt a long time ago. I never had the 20% I just was annoyed with the card (for my situation). I'm over being bitter about it Hyatt could merge with DVC tomorrow you never know (I'm kidding!)
I like Hyatt but can never find one, or one on points, when and where I need.

Thanks for once I got the 40%, didn’t know what to buy so I ordered a Petsmart GC since that’s where our pup gets groomed.
Buy PetSmart GCs from Sam's Club and save 20% on up to $500 worth. I do it all the time. Got three fur babies so it's a big help.

ETA: it's an online purchase. It comes and goes but was there just last week when I refilled my stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter