I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target has a 4 month trial, I have done that for me, and dh. DoC posted an offer for a 3 month trial, that was able to be used with a current trial, so that extended our current trial. After that, I will be digging for other options.
:cheer2:THANK YOU!!!!! Wow....I was shocked by your reply,as I'd been googling around looking for a way to watch some apple tv.....both of those offers worked for me!!!!!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

HUCA. Lol. They are wrong. Wait a day and try SM again
But double check that you have activated the benefit and used the right card.
Yes.... this. I activated it on CSP, used Instacart same day, credit just showed on my card (maybe3 days later?) as statement credit automatically...

Am I missing out not having a Citi Premier or a CapOne Venture or Venture X? So far I only have Chase and Amex, and I am reluctant to add another company to deal with, but since so many of you like these cards can someone please tell me why? We have a big upcoming spend.
my issue with Citi is when I looked a while ago they didn't have that many transfer buckets sure it would be good for the initial spending but what about after I realize that my spending/churning habits are not the same as others but chase/AMEX covers everything I want so why would I get another product. That being said i have the Costco card they offer they have too many perks and 2% back that I value for Costco once my other spending milestones are met with other cards (like hyatt visa etc)

Am I missing out not having a Citi Premier or a CapOne Venture or Venture X? So far I only have Chase and Amex, and I am reluctant to add another company to deal with, but since so many of you like these cards can someone please tell me why? We have a big upcoming spend.
The 80K Citi Premier is a great SUB (if you can get approved), and it has lots of airline transfer partners. I applied last year (was denied) because they were having a limited time transfer to American Airlines (not anymore), earning AA miles isn't as easy as it used to be and I was needing more miles for our Japan trip. It has a good earning rate at gas stations (3x), we spend a lot of money at gas stations, which is why I want the card. I'm also hoping that maybe they'll have another AA transfer, not that it matters since they won't approve us.

The Venture X is great because you don't pay an additional fee for authorized users and they get their own Priority Pass account (all other premium cards charge extra for PP accounts). Since it's so easy to stay under 5/24 these days, these are good options to add to your wallet.

We are planning to visit South Africa summer 2024, which means we need lots of points for the 4 of us to fly business class. I would love to get 2 Citi Premiers, that would be 160,000 points for $8K MSR and $190 in AFs that we could potentially transfer to Qatar or Flying Blue. Other options for that many points include Chase business SUBs 75,000/$7.5K/$0AF, Amex Gold Biz SUB 100K/$10K/$295, Amex Plat 150K/$15K/$695AF

Why doesn't Citi want us to have a Premier card?

:cheer2:THANK YOU!!!!! Wow....I was shocked by your reply,as I'd been googling around looking for a way to watch some apple tv.....both of those offers worked for me!!!!!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Oh I'm so glad I was finally able to help someone LOL!!! Enjoy your viewing, and make sure to watch Come From Away over and over :-)
The 80K Citi Premier is a great SUB (if you can get approved),

Ha, good question, since both p2 and I were instantly denied.

Woke up to an email from Chase wanting DOB and Address verification for p2 for his CIC. I guess with the Venture X approval yesterday, I am going to have one heck of an MSR to work on! Good thing Chase allows Venmo, I may end up with that towards the end. Of course I always say this, and I always blow through them LOL.

Does Amex do product changes? My first Amex card ever is a Blue Cash Everyday, it's very old and I only ever use it if it has an offer. I was thinking I could change it to an Amex Everyday and maybe they'd later target me for an upgrade offer on that card. At the very least, when I use an offer on it I can earn MRs.

How many inquiries did you have at the time of the denial on the reports Citi pulled? Chances are better if you're 0/6.

DH is 1/6, might have him try when he falls to 0/6 if the offer is still around. He might get approved at 1/6, but thinking I'd rather wait when chances are best.

I just got a call from Citi's fraud department to verify that I applied for the Premier yesterday. I confirmed my application and address, and immediately after that, I got the email that I've been approved. Citi is stingy with their credit lines though, lol I only got $8K. It's ok, the MSR is $4K so it will work.

Congrats on the approval! Curious if you fit this pattern?

Does Amex do product changes? My first Amex card ever is a Blue Cash Everyday, it's very old and I only ever use it if it has an offer. I was thinking I could change it to an Amex Everyday and maybe they'd later target me for an upgrade offer on that card. At the very least, when I use an offer on it I can earn MRs.

You can product change, but only within the same family. So a BCE can only be upgraded to a Blue Cash Preferred. There are upgrade offers on that card just like the Everyday. If you don't see any offers, can also try looking under Cards -> View All Credit Cards when logged in.

You can product change, but only within the same family. So a BCE can only be upgraded to a Blue Cash Preferred. There are upgrade offers on that card just like the Everyday. If you don't see any offers, can also try looking under Cards -> View All Credit Cards when logged in.
Right, I did see that. I would have just rather had the 40K Mr offer posted earlier but oh well lol. Still have a good stash of MRs anyway.

1/6... do you know what credit report they pull? It will be hard to get to 0, we get a new chase business card every 3 months.

More Experian according to DoC. But the best DP of that would be your own. Whatever they pulled for you will likely be what they pull again.

It is hard to get to 0. The only reason DH is almost there is because he got some Chase cards close in, so taking a break. Would actually make more sense for me to get the card since I have the Rewards+ (10% back on redemptions up to 10k), but I have too many inquiries.

If I am remembering correctly, @CalifoniaGirl09 has recommended Six and Mamma Mia in the past for London shows. Six was not showing the night we had available and we had already seen Mamma Mia in NY. Our youngest wanted to see Moulin Rouge and the reviews were definitely mixed from the 4 of us. Part of what I love about the shows is the music that is written specifically for the show. I think Moulin Rouge only had one original song.

Enjoy London! We had a great time and will definitely be going back.
Yes, I *highly* recommend Six in London. It's one of our favorite shows. I haven't actually seen Mama Mia in London yet--we've seen it a few times in the US--but I've heard it's good. We meant to do the Mama Mia dinner party thing they had going at the O2 but never got around to it. I think we are hitting Six again in a few weeks in London and Frozen. We saw &Juliet last time and it was fun, but not sure I'd recommend.

How many inquiries did you have at the time of the denial on the reports Citi pulled? Chances are better if you're 0/6.

DH is 1/6, might have him try when he falls to 0/6 if the offer is still around. He might get approved at 1/6, but thinking I'd rather wait when chances are best.

Congrats on the approval! Curious if you fit this pattern?
Thank you! I was technically 0/6 (and 3/24) when I applied; Experian shows my last inquiry was six months ago (according to my spreadsheet it was six months and 4 days). I also got a Biz Plat in June but pretty sure Amex doesn't pull anything on me anymore. I've seen speculation that Citi doesn't like high credit scores and likes to see a balance carried, but my FICO8 is over 830, and I pay off balances every month so that doesn't seem to be a dealbreaker. I've had a Citi card since 2005 (and did the trAAin back in the day) so I have history with Citi and perhaps that's part of it? idk 🤷‍♀️ I do use my Double Cash quite a bit.

Yes, I *highly* recommend Six in London. It's one of our favorite shows. I haven't actually seen Mama Mia in London yet--we've seen it a few times in the US--but I've heard it's good. We meant to do the Mama Mia dinner party thing they had going at the O2 but never got around to it. I think we are hitting Six again in a few weeks in London and Frozen. We saw &Juliet last time and it was fun, but not sure I'd recommend.
I'm seeing Six in London on Sept. 13. Can't wait!!

So we have 3 Sapphire cards and 2 Instacart accounts. I posted earlier that I tried to use two sapphires on one account and did not receive the credit and you can't activate two cards on one account. I was considering registering for another Instacart account to use my quarterly credit, but then when I go to the chase instacart page, I see this "Offer already activated. If you have an additional Chase card that qualifies for an offer, you can activate it here starting Sept 1st, 2022." So maybe I will be able to activate two cards on one account starting tomorrow?

1661969019133.png

thank you both for giving me food for thought. My party is DH and my 4 kids. I'm sorry for thinking "out loud" here but let's say I do cancel (only the cruise fare for discussion purposes). I have to send the X many credit card statements where I paid off the cruise. In addition, I have to send the invoices for each of the cabins where the total of the amounts paid should add up to the credit card statements. So in that case, it will be more difficult to separate each person to file claims on multiple insurance policies. So I'm back to thinking either insurance per cabin or just all together at the highest amount.

Hopefully, I never have to find out how any of this works but with our parents getting older and just spending so much more than I've ever spent on a trip, I think its worthwhile to try and wrap my head around it.
I always get Trip Insurance for Cruises. Going in May will be Me, DH, DS, DD and DS's Girlfriend. When I went to purchase the insurance it made me put DS's girlfriend separately since she is not a family member - not sure if separate households have to be done separately or not..

It's going to be 4 tickets for 8 days so about $2,800 so potentially worth getting a new card. Problem is I haven't been travelling too much so I don't know if I should get a hotel card like Hilton Aspire, or something like Citi Premier (most of my points balance is with Chase and AMEX).

Current cards: (At 3/24)
CSP
CF
CFU
United Explorer
United Quest
Ink Business Cash
Disney VISA
Citi Double Cash
Sears Your Way
Discover It
AMEX BBP
AMEX Amazon
Amtrak World Mastercard
Jetblue Plus
What about the Cap One Venture X or Cap One Venture. I think both need a $4000 spend in 3 months. And if you get the tickets from Undercover Tourist - you can erase part of the cost of the tickets (or save the SUB for something else.)
Venture X is $395 but has $300 Travel Credit (must be booked on their website plus Priority Pass Membership for you and up to 4 Authorized Users) - 75,000 Points (Everything earns 2X Points - more for bookings on their website)
Venture is $95 - 75,000 Points (Earns 2x points on everything).

So, essentially you would get over $800 in value for the SUB on either one. They are hit or miss when applying though. They do have a pre-approval process you can see if you would potentially be approved before applying. And they do pull from all 3 credit bureus.

Otherwise - I would look at hotel/airline Biz Cards. Seems a waste to have $2800 to spend and not get something of a SUB for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter