I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Does anyone know what time AA releases the next day of award flights? We’ve been watching for JAL for next year and can’t figure out what time they’re releasing them. I looked at 12 am and 1 am east coast time and the flights are never loaded at that time

Quick question: Do you need your passport in hand for a global entry interview? I’m out of town and found an appt at a nearby airport (MSY) for this afternoon, but I didn’t bring my passport with me (the idea to check for interviews just hit me).
Yes, you need your passport. They will scan it.

Thanks for posting this. I'm assuming that 90 days is from when the $15,000 was deposited and not when the account was opened? I opened the account January 30 and the deposit posted on February 7. The $200 for a new savings account already posted (April 25) but not the extra $400.
I am pretty sure the wording was 90 days from account opening, which for us was 1/16. Did you already get the $300 for the checking account? If so, the $400 for the combined accounts should have come with the $200 savings bonus. I'm surprised you got the savings bonus already.

Our offer was -

1) Set up direct deposit1 by 04/16/2023 to get your $300 Chase checking bonus.
2) Deposit a total of $15,000 in new money to your savings account by 02/15/2023.
3) Maintain a $15,000 savings balance through 04/16/2023 to get your $200 Chase savings bonus.

Complete steps 1, 2 and 3 to get your extra $400 bonus.

Last edited:
The AMEX option could work and I never though of that. Also DW has around $130 left for SW on her plat so I could use that as well. Is it pretty consistent that fares <$100 trigger the credit? I have a bunch of UR points but I was trying to build those up for a trip to London/Europe. I suppose I could still have time to get another Ink or two next year if needed. I'll check the prices when the schedule gets pushed out to mid February and see how I want to handle it. Thank you so much for the additional options.

ETA: Would I have issues with Chase if I swapped each year PCing my Freedom or Freedom Flex to a CSR? The reason I would do it would be to get the travel credit twice while paying the AF once. I just got my Freedom back a month or two ago so I was going to PC the Freedom Flex pretty soon.
I always check for DPs on flyertalk on the plat reimbursement - look for the thread under Am Ex MRs referring to WN (the IATA code for SW). Reports in April indicate it's still working.

I've not done the swapping of cards, but I know others here do and I might after I obtain a CSP for myself. Because I pay for a portion of the flights (and they can be many months out) on CSP for the travel protections, I don't swap that card for one with inferior travel protections. The Flex is a MC and that will generate a new card number upon PC, so if I were to do it I'd only do a VI to VI PC.

Companies can still do a soft pull even if your report is frozen. It doesn't affect anything but they can still get that info. I know it doesn't affect this situation at all but it's used for preapprovals and stuff.
You are absolutely right... in which case, I would have gotten an offer for a card in the mail. Not an offer to lower the rate on a card I don't have.

BTW, they didn't address me by name either. The only thing that impressed me was the caller ID dupe.

Just be careful out there!

I always check for DPs on flyertalk on the plat reimbursement - look for the thread under Am Ex MRs referring to WN (the IATA code for SW). Reports in April indicate it's still working.

I've not done the swapping of cards, but I know others here do and I might after I obtain a CSP for myself. Because I pay for a portion of the flights (and they can be many months out) on CSP for the travel protections, I don't swap that card for one with inferior travel protections. The Flex is a MC and that will generate a new card number upon PC, so if I were to do it I'd only do a VI to VI PC.
Thanks. I booked two one way tickets with DW's plat that will use up her credit for the year. Fingers crossed the credits post.

@afan Are you staying at the Tokyo Station Hotel when you visit Japan? If so, do you recall when they release rooms on points? I am trying to book a stay in January, 2024 but no rooms have been showing for the last several days (I think I probably missed the booking window).

I am and I don't. I know I was stalking it and Hilton Tokyo Bay for awhile. I would check days before mine to see how far put they were open but it wasn't a rolling thing like airlines, they were just there one day. If it's open through dec 31 but not Jan 1, amd that could also mean check out of dec 31 not jan 1, they may not have their agreement with hyatt done yet.

Also pretty sure the available dates were the same on their website vs the hyatt app, but that would be one way to see if it's a hyatt agreement thing vs opening dates. If they don't match then I'd think agreement for sure.

You are absolutely right... in which case, I would have gotten an offer for a card in the mail. Not an offer to lower the rate on a card I don't have.

BTW, they didn't address me by name either. The only thing that impressed me was the caller ID dupe.

Just be careful out there!
Absolutely! I just don't answer anymore. I'm super conscious about adding and maintaining my contacts and numbers from businesses I use.

Also maybe I'm overly suspicious - today Citi sent me an email telling me to expect a replacement card. My card expires in July of this year, so a card is coming 2 months in advance. I considered calling Citi to double check why I'm getting a card so early.

Does anyone know what time AA releases the next day of award flights? We’ve been watching for JAL for next year and can’t figure out what time they’re releasing them. I looked at 12 am and 1 am east coast time and the flights are never loaded at that time
They release them at midnight-ish central time. I will say you need to be watching the BA website to make sure they are still available by the time that AA releases them. JAL and BA open their calendars 355 days in advance and AA only 330 (or something like that).
Dates of when I booked our trip for reference:

AA Booking
6/17/23 LAX to KIX booked on 7/21/22 at 1AM
BA Booking
7/5/22 HND to DFW booked on 7/21/22 at 7PM

By watching the BA website I knew that there were still 4 J tickets available for me to book via AA.
But the flights from HND to DFW never lasted long enough to book via AA, they were usually gone within a few days. JAL is weird, they will release 2 J tickets, then 3/4 days later will release another 2 to 3 in J. Sometimes those 2 J tickets were booked before the other 2 tickets in J a released, specially the flights to/from HND. the flights to/from KIX usually made it to AA.

Last edited:
It’s been a busy week here in Germany at my DD’s home. Our 2nd GS was born April 21 weighing in at a healthy 9lb 10oz! My 17 month old GS and I have had 3 1:2 weeks to bond! It’s tough to only see them every 3 months or so! I’m already planning my next trip back to Germany in the end of August into September. My friend who I was supposed to meet in Amsterdam on April 19 decided not to come after all. So I kept moving reservations and dates, and am finally heading to Amsterdam in the morning on a solo trip. I have a tour booked for tomorrow afternoon and tickets for Keukenof gardens on Saturday morning before I fly back to Frankfurt in the afternoon. So that leaves Friday totally open and I’m looking for suggestions of your favorite places to go. I had tickets for the Ann Frank house for earlier this month which I had to lose as there are no refunds. And tickets are not available any other way than to advance book. My train ticket to Amsterdam was triple what it would have been with an advance booking but up until Tuesday night, I was not sure if I would be taking the trip to Amsterdam. I do have lots of C1 points to erase my travel charges. I look forward to hearing back from those that have visited Amsterdam.😊

They release them at midnight-ish central time. I will say you need to be watching the BA website to make sure they are still available by the time that AA releases them. JAL and BA open their calendars 355 days in advance and AA only 330 (or something like that).
Dates of when I booked our trip for reference:

AA Booking
6/17/23 LAX to KIX booked on 7/21/22 at 1AM
BA Booking
7/5/22 HND to DFW booked on 7/21/22 at 7PM

By watching the BA website I knew that there were still 4 J tickets available for me to book via AA.
But the flights from HND to DFW never lasted long enough to book via AA, they were usually gone within a few days. JAL is weird, they will release 2 J tickets, then 3/4 days later will release another 2 to 3 in J. Sometimes those 2 J tickets were booked before the other 2 tickets in J a released, specially the flights to/from HND. the flights to/from KIX usually made it to AA.
I’ve been watching both AA and BA. There was lots of availability on AA when I was watching in March and early April but now the flights are being taken instantly and some filled before getting to AA. It makes sense because they are booking for late March now which is busier. I’m hoping May won’t be as high demand and we can book with AA otherwise I don’t think we’ll be going because we don’t have enough points to transfer to BA

I’ve been watching both AA and BA. There was lots of availability on AA when I was watching in March and early April but now the flights are being taken instantly and some filled before getting to AA. It makes sense because they are booking for late March now which is busier. I’m hoping May won’t be as high demand and we can book with AA otherwise I don’t think we’ll be going because we don’t have enough points to transfer to BA
You should be okay at the middle/end of May, after Golden week.

Did the Disney owned hotels get pulled from the Capital One Travel portal? I can see Swan and Dolphin but they are not owned by Disney. I was looking for Yacht Club or Gran Destino Tower. They were on there before and wanted to use the $300 credit. Thanks

Apple had to add a feature that lets people know if there is a tracker with them that isn't connected to them because of how many criminals were using it for stealing cars, kidnapping, spying, etc. Now if you have an iphone you get a notice after a while.
That makes perfect sense.
Thanks. I booked two one way tickets with DW's plat that will use up her credit for the year. Fingers crossed the credits post.
It should post within a few days. I just did this two weeks ago and my credits were posted quickly. I have already used the SW credits to book my Labor Day Disney trip.

Companies can still do a soft pull even if your report is frozen. It doesn't affect anything but they can still get that info. I know it doesn't affect this situation at all but it's used for preapprovals and stuff.
Only if you're already a customer. If you're not a current customer they are not allowed to soft pull you if your reports are frozen.

Did the Disney owned hotels get pulled from the Capital One Travel portal? I can see Swan and Dolphin but they are not owned by Disney. I was looking for Yacht Club or Gran Destino Tower. They were on there before and wanted to use the $300 credit. Thanks
Yes, quite a while ago I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter