I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We just got a new car too! What did you get? I was driving a 2005 that I’d been driving for 11 years. I absolutely love our new car. My old one didn’t even have cruise control lol
I've been thinking new car all this year because that was my original plan.

So, what did you all buy? regular gas, hybrid or electric?

My present car is a hybrid and I love it but I was so used to a larger vehicle I still miss 'bigger'! Sold my old van to my friend who lives 5 minutes from me and I can have use of it if I need it, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen as I don't want to risk someone else's vehicle. If I have some huge thing to drag home from Costco I'll ask her to come help me, rather than borrowing.

Older DD still has my old Jeep, using it mostly for bigger stuff.

And, continuing on ranting a bit, Staples and the Mastercards this week coming surprised me as last year it was Visa and that's what I want. I'll go get a couple of the mastercards to pay my electric and gas bills and hope for Visa the following week.

So I bought a new car this week:cool1: my last car was 12+ years ago! Anyway, I did app for an ink a couple of weeks back,and noticed my credit score showed on their paper as high 700's..... while on CK it still shows low-mid 800's...... why is that? I was a little offended lol - I don;t care bc while I financed it, I intend to pay it in full within the first month it's due. Aaaaand the dealership let me put 5k on my ink so there's that MSR done unexpectedly!

I love the $5k deposit/payment deal. Enjoy your new car!

After having a semi-negative experience at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando, I think we are going to give the Orlando Conrad a try for spring break. I have 4 nights booked with points, 5th night isn't available at standard rate (fingers crossed it opens up so I can get that 5th free night), then we will move to Shades of Green for one night to take advantage of the Deluxe Resort extended evening hours.
Has anyone tried Signia at Bonnet Creek? It was Hilton Orlando at Bonnet Creek. It's recently been renovated.

Do any of these 'Official WDW Hotels' get any hours perks?

(I've got Hilton points and FNC burning a hole in my pocket.)

Has anyone tried Signia at Bonnet Creek? It was Hilton Orlando at Bonnet Creek. It's recently been renovated.

Do any of these 'Official WDW Hotels' get any hours perks?

(I've got Hilton points and FNC burning a hole in my pocket.)
The Signia looks nice, we walked through it when we stayed at WA. The girls enjoyed the pool (pool is shared with WA). They don't have any standard rooms available the week we want to go.
And it is included in the Early Entry hours. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/early-entry/

While browsing the Costco website looking for something else, I came across the membership signup page.

Clicked on the 'Gold Star' membership level and found discounted gold star memberships in the form of a mailed Costco shop card, for college students ($30), first responders $40, teachers $40, and several other categories which may or may not have had an offer at this time. No shop cards for executive level, but someone could get the gold star and then upgrade after receiving the shop card, if they qualified for the shop card to begin with. (Please excuse my devious mind.)

The Signia looks nice, we walked through it when we stayed at WA. The girls enjoyed the pool (pool is shared with WA). They don't have any standard rooms available the week we want to go.
And it is included in the Early Entry hours. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/early-entry/
Thanks! I'll be at Disney in February and then again last week of March during grand kids easter break. I have VGF and AKL booked for that.

February is Beach Club Villas, 4 nights, Swan 1 night (waiting on another BCV waitlist) and then Celebration Hotel for 2, maybe 3 nights.

Then I'm thinking of a fall trip outside of my DVC points, using the Hilton points.

Good to hear it has early entry!

I have 2 Cap One Venture Cards. (Closed the Venture X as I have the CSR and that gets better PP Benefits, which is what I was mainly keeping it for). Been seeing a lot lately on the Cap One Savor One or Cap One Savor Card. Do you know if Cap One would let me PC on of my Ventures to the Savor Card?

I'm going to Miraval Resort in AZ in January - booked for myself and my sister with Hyatt points (URs transferred)! I'll be flying into Phoenix airport and driving to Tuscon. I've never beeen to AZ and am planning on doing a scenic drive. From what I found online it looks like route 60 to 79 to 77 is the way to go for scenery? Anyone familiar with the area have any advice on the route or good places to stop along the way for sightseeing or food? Thaks all!

I've been thinking new car all this year because that was my original plan.

So, what did you all buy? regular gas, hybrid or electric?

And, continuing on ranting a bit, Staples and the Mastercards this week coming surprised me as last year it was Visa and that's what I want. I'll go get a couple of the mastercards to pay my electric and gas bills and hope for Visa the following week.
I prefer the Visa too. It seems they are always at Staples fee-free the week after the MC.

DHs 15 year old Buick SUV died last summer and we are leasing a Hyundai Ioniq 5 for 3 years. Not sure we’re ready to outright buy an EV, but most of our drives are short and we still have my 13 year old Subaru. We love the Ioniq, Hyundai gave us 2 years free charging at Electrify America chargers, it has enough space for DHs scuba tanks etc, but not a third row of seats.

I'm going to Miraval Resort in AZ in January - booked for myself and my sister with Hyatt points (URs transferred)! I'll be flying into Phoenix airport and driving to Tuscon. I've never beeen to AZ and am planning on doing a scenic drive. From what I found online it looks like route 60 to 79 to 77 is the way to go for scenery? Anyone familiar with the area have any advice on the route or good places to stop along the way for sightseeing or food? Thaks all!
I’ve done this exact route. While it’s definitely more “scenic” than just taking the I-10, it’s not really pretty either. It’s going to be more of a smaller back roads kind of trip rather than just a typical straight shot down the interstate. Google maps shows your route as quicker from Sky Harbor so I would go that way just to get a different perspective of AZ rather than just being on the I-10. But again, I would never describe it as a pretty drive, just something different from the freeway. Hope that makes sense.

I’ve done this exact route. While it’s definitely more “scenic” than just taking the I-10, it’s not really pretty either. It’s going to be more of a smaller back roads kind of trip rather than just a typical straight shot down the interstate. Google maps shows your route as quicker from Sky Harbor so I would go that way just to get a different perspective of AZ rather than just being on the I-10. But again, I would never describe it as a pretty drive, just something different from the freeway. Hope that makes sense.
I was just going to say... there is nothing truly scenic between Phx and Tucson! Sorry about that @KPK02090 !

I prefer the Visa too. It seems they are always at Staples fee-free the week after the MC.

DHs 15 year old Buick SUV died last summer and we are leasing a Hyundai Ioniq 5 for 3 years. Not sure we’re ready to outright buy an EV, but most of our drives are short and we still have my 13 year old Subaru. We love the Ioniq, Hyundai gave us 2 years free charging at Electrify America chargers, it has enough space for DHs scuba tanks etc, but not a third row of seats.

I have the 2017 Kia Niro Hybrid and it's almost perfect for me. My drives are also short around here, so buying actual gas when not traveling to Disney is minimal - maybe a tank (9 gallons usually) in a month. I sold my van. Just wasn't using it enough to justify insurance and tags and any upkeep. Gave my Jeep to my other DD. Again, not using it enough.

I've been considering the Cr-V and the Rav 4, but really I don't need either. I've only got 45K something miles on the Kia and it's a loaded model, meaning it's got all the recent tech. Just having a case of the wants every time I hear 'new car'.

I have the 2017 Kia Niro Hybrid and it's almost perfect for me. My drives are also short around here, so buying actual gas when not traveling to Disney is minimal - maybe a tank (9 gallons usually) in a month. I sold my van. Just wasn't using it enough to justify insurance and tags and any upkeep. Gave my Jeep to my other DD. Again, not using it enough.

I've been considering the Cr-V and the Rav 4, but really I don't need either. I've only got 45K something miles on the Kia and it's a loaded model, meaning it's got all the recent tech. Just having a case of the wants every time I hear 'new car'.
I've got the CRV Sport Touring (hybrid) and love it. I'm averaging 35 mpg (but unsurprisingly gets lousy mileage on long trips).

I have the same week booked at Swolphin but also booked a week in June. I'm only keeping one of them but it will depend on what flights I can get once my SW points post.

I just finished cancelling one of my February Swan nights after getting the one night BCV waitlist. Is it weird that I was just so 'happy' to see my 30,245 UR's go back into my account? Now I've got the remaining night waitlisted also at BCV. I think it's easier to just stay at BCV for all my onsite nights. I mean, no parking cost or resort fees. Those things are just irritating. Plus it's a short walk to meet up. If the waitlist doesn't come through in about 2 weeks, I'll sleep at the Swan for that one night. I love UR's AND DVC points!!!

It's actually about a toss up cost wise as even if I rented out the points it would come to about the same cost as using UR's. Still staying in Celebration as that is another part of the holiday not Disney parks connected. I was going to add a 3rd night there but decided to leave it until last minute and if it's available, fine. If not, I can hit the road, or find something else.

I've got the CRV Sport Touring (hybrid) and love it. I'm averaging 35 mpg (but unsurprisingly gets lousy mileage on long trips).

On the one trip where my DD and 2 grands drove back from HH with me, I thought there was something wrong with my car. My mileage dropped below 40MPG. It was the weight. All the stuff as we were packed like sardines even though the girls were little.

So I bought a new car this week:cool1: my last car was 12+ years ago! Anyway, I did app for an ink a couple of weeks back,and noticed my credit score showed on their paper as high 700's..... while on CK it still shows low-mid 800's...... why is that? I was a little offended lol - I don;t care bc while I financed it, I intend to pay it in full within the first month it's due. Aaaaand the dealership let me put 5k on my ink so there's that MSR done unexpectedly!
Us too! I didn't get a new car - but I did just get my grandma a "new" to her car! 2016 Subaru Forester with about 100k miles. The dealer let me put $3k on my Amex - but since I was paying cash they wouldn't let me do more (had to fight for the 3k). It's a nice car!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter