I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

CSP/CSR currently is offering an elevated SUB - 75K URs for $4K spend in 3 months.

I do not churn as a general rule, but it is time for me to get my DH a CSP and then churn my CSP as I am low on URs. I have been waiting for an elevated SUB. I know it has been higher than 75K, but might jump on this anyway.

I do not want to mess this up so please let me know if this is correct.

1. DH has not had the CSP in over 48 months. I will apply for him first with my support. If I am wrong and the CSP he held was not over 48 mos will I get a warning when he signs up that he is not eligible for the bonus?

2. Once we meet his sub, if the offer is still elevated, I will downgrade my CSP. How long should I wait before having him support me on a new CSP?

ETA: We are both well under 5/24

ETA again:
3. When I went to my support link for the CSP the offer is for 60UR, not 75. So if I will wait to see if Chase elevates support SUBs. If they do, I am correct with #1 and 2 above?
1. It is 48 months since he received the sign up bonus on his last Sapphire, not when he first received the card. Chase typically rejects the application if you are not eligible for the SUB. If he is approved, then the SUB is likely attached.

2. The general rule is wait 30 days, so a new application does not cause Chase to reopen the old card in lieu of creating a new account with the SUB attached. That said, others have had success with applications as quickly as 4 days after the old account was closed.

3. You can use your referral link and then send a Secured Message asking for Chase to match the bonus offer. I have had success doing that in the past. If you want to wait a week or two to see if the referral system catches up with the public offer, that's fine too.

Is there a way to use this discount from Chase Disney card, if it's attached to a Magicband? (or i would have to break out the card each time at Joffreys)

Thanks
If you pay for something at Disney World by tapping your Magic Band, you are charging the purchase to your room. You are not charging directly to a credit card.

I think that if you want to get a Chase Disney credit card discount when making a purchase, you have to use that credit card at point of sale to make the purchase.

From https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/walt-disney-world-perks/

A Note to Cardmembers Who Are Using a MagicBand

Remember, even if you have your Disney Visa Card linked to a MagicBand or RF-enabled card, you still need to present your Disney Visa Card at the Cardmember Character Experience locations and use it for purchases to access your Cardmember perks throughout your stay.​

(sorry about the bold, I can't seem to make it go away)

CSP/CSR currently is offering an elevated SUB - 75K URs for $4K spend in 3 months.

I do not churn as a general rule, but it is time for me to get my DH a CSP and then churn my CSP as I am low on URs. I have been waiting for an elevated SUB. I know it has been higher than 75K, but might jump on this anyway.

1. DH has not had the CSP in over 48 months. I will apply for him first with my support. If I am wrong and the CSP he held was not over 48 mos will I get a warning when he signs up that he is not eligible for the bonus?

2. Once we meet his sub, if the offer is still elevated, I will downgrade my CSP. How long should I wait before having him support me on a new CSP?

ETA again:
3. When I went to my support link for the CSP the offer is for 60UR, not 75. So if I will wait to see if Chase elevates support SUBs. If they do, I am correct with #1 and 2 above?
Chase will not approve the CSP application if it has not been 48 months from when he received the bonus…can you look back and see when it posted

ETA again:
For a bit I had convinced myself that I got my CSP in 2019. Turns out it was Nov 2020. By looking back at my online statements I was able to see this. I also did my SUB spend in one transaction since I was buying a new HVAC system back then. In my case my SUB posted about a month later, so now my 'churn' will be in January 2025 as Xmas 2024 time period will just be too busy for messing with that. I'll probably downgrade to another Chase Freedom rather than cancel, but that's a decision for later.

1. It is 48 months since he received the sign up bonus on his last Sapphire, not when he first received the card. Chase typically rejects the application if you are not eligible for the SUB. If he is approved, then the SUB is likely attached.

2. The general rule is wait 30 days, so a new application does not cause Chase to reopen the old card in lieu of creating a new account with the SUB attached. That said, others have had success with applications as quickly as 4 days after the old account was closed.

3. You can use your referral link and then send a Secured Message asking for Chase to match the bonus offer. I have had success doing that in the past. If you want to wait a week or two to see if the referral system catches up with the public offer, that's fine too.
Thank you. According to credit karma his last Chase card was closed July 2019, so I think we are good even if that is not his former CSP.
I will wait to see if the support system catches up with the public offer.

For a bit I had convinced myself that I got my CSP in 2019. Turns out it was Nov 2020. By looking back at my online statements I was able to see this. I also did my SUB spend in one transaction since I was buying a new HVAC system back then. In my case my SUB posted about a month later, so now my 'churn' will be in January 2025 as Xmas 2024 time period will just be too busy for messing with that. I'll probably downgrade to another Chase Freedom rather than cancel, but that's a decision for later.
Chase will not approve the CSP application if it has not been 48 months from when he received the bonus…can you look back and see when it posted
I just looked into his Chase account online. I can only view the two current cards he has opened. I don't see any closed accounts or statements.

Heck, the Waldorf Astoria in Costa Rice opened up at 95k points a night for a standard room and then shot up to 120k points a night in no time. Fortunately, I grabbed a few nights at 95k. The CPP is good for Hilton even at 120k as the property is at $2799 a night for my dates which is just insane.
I also booked WA Costa Rica for next year, but didn't get in on the 95k. But still happy with fifth night free.

This isn't currently showing up as a Hilton resort, so seems wouldn't be able to use Aspire credits? Have you ever seen that designation toggle on later, considering it isn't even open yet?

Happy Dance!! I just booked 4 free nights at the Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal for our 25th anniversary in August!

Just need my DH to get the days off approved but I'm crossing my fingers that it won't be an issue!

That's awesome- super excited for you. Not sure if you've been before? LMK if you are looking for any dining recommendations.

If you want to message me, I'll share our concierge's info. She hooked us up for our 25th celebration there (we celebrated our 25th all year long 🤣 ).

I also booked WA Costa Rica for next year, but didn't get in on the 95k. But still happy with fifth night free.

This isn't currently showing up as a Hilton resort, so seems wouldn't be able to use Aspire credits? Have you ever seen that designation toggle on later, considering it isn't even open yet?

Keep checking back. I remember the Roku Kyoto didn't show as a resort at first either.

I just logged into my Hyatt account and had a new promotion pop-up. Which is perfect timing for our summer trips (I'm going to wait a week before I register since I'm planning on staying the the Hyatt Grand Cypress on Aug 9th). I have 8 nights planned for the next 90 days, which should get me to 30 nights so I'll earn a FNC.

Unlock incredible offers with just one click​

Register to earn double night credits toward tier status for every qualifying night, up to 10 nights.
Don’t wait—register now and complete your qualifying activity within 90 days. Available for a limited time only.

Terms and Conditions​

You must be a World of Hyatt member, have received this offer from Hyatt, and register to participate. Only Eligible Nights on stays completed 90 days after registration (“Promotion Period”) will count towards this promotion. You will receive double Tier Qualifying Night credits for every Eligible Night completed at Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide. A maximum of ten (10) Tier Qualifying Night credits may be earned under this promotion. For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award. Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this promotion. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number before the time of checkout for each stay. Please allow up to four weeks after checkout for the Tier Qualifying Night credits to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Except as expressly stated, this promotion is not valid with other offers, promotions or discounts and is non-transferable. This promotion may be altered or withdrawn at any time and, where required, an alternate offer of similar value will be offered. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at hyatt.com/terms. Hyatt®, World of Hyatt®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. ©2024 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Anyone do Costa Rica with a family of five? Any advice on hotels? I have a specific week in April 2025 that I'm planning for and haven't had any luck with the Hyatt Andaz Papagayo - it says "not accepting points for the week I'm looking at."
Also is it recommended to do a couple of different hotels (in different areas) if staying for a week? Any advice appreciated!

Congrats on snagging a room! I saw a lot of dates “sold out” for standard rooms. I am hoping it does get added for the resort credit list once the WA is bookable in February. I don’t know if it would get loaded later.

Anyone able to help me figure out what card to get next. I have spend of about 20K due in June. DH and I both just got CIPs within the last few weeks, so won't be going for a Chase card. I'll be 1/24 next month. I'm trying to put together a trip for April vacation 2025. Hoping Costa Rica, but feeling kind of lost on the planning. I have ~700K URs, ~300K MRs, ~300K Marriot and ~150K Hilton.
I'm still pretty clueless on where we should stay. I have not done enough research yet, but need to apply soon for a new card. We can fly out of either BOS or PVD - but I haven't figured out which airline is best for flying to Costa Rica. I really haven't done any airline bookings with points other than SW. Any advice?

Anyone able to help me figure out what card to get next. I have spend of about 20K due in June. DH and I both just got CIPs within the last few weeks, so won't be going for a Chase card. I'll be 1/24 next month. I'm trying to put together a trip for April vacation 2025. Hoping Costa Rica, but feeling kind of lost on the planning. I have ~700K URs, ~300K MRs, ~300K Marriot and ~150K Hilton.
I'm still pretty clueless on where we should stay. I have not done enough research yet, but need to apply soon for a new card. We can fly out of either BOS or PVD - but I haven't figured out which airline is best for flying to Costa Rica. I really haven't done any airline bookings with points other than SW. Any advice?
With that much organic spend, I'd look at one of the high sub Amex cards unless you've already held the Platinum/Gold charge cards (Biz and personal) and premium co-branded cards (Delta Reserve, Marriott Brilliant, etc) or have no interest in them.

If Amex isn't an option, US Bank's Business Leverage card is still at an elevated offer of $900 after spending $7,500 (AF waived 1st year): https://creditcardapply.usbank.com/ar/business-leverage-card?bankercode=100usb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter