I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Happy Dance!! I just booked 4 free nights at the Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal for our 25th anniversary in August!

Just need my DH to get the days off approved but I'm crossing my fingers that it won't be an issue!
Ooh nice! I'm planning to go back there later this month. We really enjoyed our previous stay there - it's a pretty unique property! :cloud9:

I would still consider charging it to the CSR since most of the sections cover immediate family members even when the card holder is not traveling. The CSR coverage is better, such as trip interruption is 6 hours instead of 12 for CSP. You can check the guide to benefits for the parts you're interested in. Each section has different definitions and it's not the clearest thing. CSR CSP

Good to know about the immediate family member coverage!

I read some of the terms and it looks like expenses have to be charged to the CSR in order to be reimbursable? I am not an AU on his card. Perhaps he should give me his CSR card duing my travels...

Good to know about the immediate family member coverage!

I read some of the terms and it looks like expenses have to be charged to the CSR in order to be reimbursable? I am not an AU on his card. Perhaps he should give me his CSR card duing my travels...

A portion of the flight (for example) needs to be charged to the CSR for it to be covered, but if you're filing a claim, the expenses don't need to be charged to the CSR. I've done a trip delay claim before. They wanted proof that some of the flight cost was charged to the card (statement plus flight confirmation showing last 4 of cc number). For the expenses, it was just the receipts. I had hotel (a Hyatt so charged to the Hyatt card), Uber (think it was stored GC), dining (probably charged to the MSR card at the time).

Side note - for trip delay, the reason is very important. They cover "equipment failure, inclement weather, strike and hijacking/skyjacking". Mine was due to a storm in Orlando. But the reason Southwest sent me was due to FAA. 🙄 So I sent a news article about the storm. Not sure if it made a difference, but claim was approved.

Anyone have suggestions for a 4 hour layover at DFW? We have one coming up in 2 weeks, with no lounge access on any of our credit cards. Thought about buying a pass to either The Club DFW or Plaza Premium Lounge... both appear to be $50 per person. Would it be worth it in your opinion? Or if no lounge, any suggestions on places to hang, grab a good bite, and chill out for a few hours?

ETA: OR, it looks like I can also buy a one day pass to the AA Admirals Club Lounge for 7,900 miles. I generally get a lot of value out of AA miles and not sure if this would be a bad use.

Last edited:
Anyone have suggestions for a 4 hour layover at DFW? We have one coming up in 2 weeks, with no lounge access on any of our credit cards. Thought about buying a pass to either The Club DFW or Plaza Premium Lounge... both appear to be $50 per person. Would it be worth it in your opinion? Or if no lounge, any suggestions on places to hang, grab a good bite, and chill out for a few hours?

ETA: OR, it looks like I can also buy a one day pass to the AA Admirals Club Lounge for 7,900. I generally get a lot of value out of AA miles and not sure if this would be a bad use.

No advice for DFW, but I would not pay $50 or 7900 AA miles (the horror lol).

How about getting a card that has PP? The US Bank Connect biz is 75k ($750 cashback) for $6000 spend over 180 days, first year AF waived. Comes with 4 PP passes that still includes restaurants. Once you get the card, you can create the PP account immediately. You should be able to use the PP in the app. Maybe cutting it a little close, but you might get the card in time. My app went pending for a couple days and I think it took a week for the card to come.

Link to elevated SUB

I'm getting ready to use Delta reward miles on a domestic flight because the cash price is more than I'd care to spend.

I have a Delta Biz Gold Amex and I get 15% discount on the points needed and will get 1 checked luggage and priority boarding.

Is there any reason to book main for 18,700 points vs economy basic for 15,300 points? I am traveling solo one way and do not care where I sit.

P2 (husband) has the CSR and I have the CSP. Should I charge the taxes and fees of $6 to one of those cards instead of the Delta Biz Gold Amex? If so, what would be the benefit again?

I'm second guessing myself and confusing myself and am afraid of pulling the trigger and making a mistake. :crazy2:

I'd appreciate some hand holding. Lol.
For the flexibility alone I would book main over basic. Just because things change even when you think they won’t!

Trying to talk DH into a 24 hr trip to RDU to watch a soccer tournament. SW flights, Hyatt hotel, both on points. We'd pay for tournament tickets and food and be back for DS to play in his soccer game Sunday afternoon. He's not biting. 🤨

TST? We went last year (I'm local) and it was such a fun environment. We only went to 1 evening session (Thursday I think? We were headed to BOS and then Ireland on that Saturday, so I know it wasn't Friday). It's such a great facility and it was fun to stroll from field to field watching games as they concluded (they did a great job staggering the starts so you could watch a number of games finish).

If you aren't talking about TST...then nevermind, lol!

RE: CSP/R PC to the right Freedom:
THANKS for the nudge! The new agent had no problem doing the PC. New card is on the way! Costco here we come LOL.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I just called and PC'd as well. Even though I used the right language, they tried to give me the Unlimited and I had to explain again but then they were able to find the right one.

So, it's Wednesday. I think I'll reapply for the CSP late next week.

Is there a recommended total credit limit across all chase cards to have better odds of being approved? I thought this was talked about at one point but I can’t remember.

The usual recommendation is 50% of income or around 75k, whichever is lower. But with the tightening of the Inks, I've been aiming for around 40k. I wonder if the biz limit relative to biz income matters too.

How about getting a card that has PP? The US Bank Connect biz is 75k ($750 cashback) for $6000 spend over 180 days, first year AF waived. Comes with 4 PP passes that still includes restaurants. Once you get the card, you can create the PP account immediately. You should be able to use the PP in the app. Maybe cutting it a little close, but you might get the card in time. My app went pending for a couple days and I think it took a week for the card to come.

Link to elevated SUB
How difficult is it to get approved?

Very sad about MDD being dead 😭
Was counting on that too rebuild URs next year after we book all our 2025 Hyatt stays.

What about SW cards? We alternate CPs every 2yrs and use them sooo much! I think we have like 15 SW flights in what's left of this year alone

The suspicion is that personal SW MDD is dead too, but I don't think there are any DPs yet. You can still do 2 SW biz or 1 personal/1 biz.

How difficult is it to get approved?

The USB biz cards don't seem that difficult. DH and I were approved for Leverage biz and Connect biz, with the cards within a month of each other.

We're in footprint. I have an old USB cc, but DH has no relationship at all. They might be inquiry sensitive, more so with no relationship. For most people, they pull TU. I was 3/12 inquiries, DH was 1/12.

They might give very low CL. 3 of the cards are only $3000, but DH got $10k on his last one (go fig).

Was just coming here to report I failed. Instant approval for CSP yesterday and instant denial for CSR today. Oh well. At least we will get the 75k SUB and then 10k referral. Wish I’d seen this before I wasted the hard pull - my fault for not keeping up better!!

They may not have hard pulled you for the CSR since their internal systems tells them you already have a Sapphire. If that's the case, at least you didn't lose anything trying it.

FM is reporting some Amex 40th anniversary offers showing up on personal Plat cards. Delta, Hilton, Hertz, JetBlue, and more. For both me and DH, those offers only showed up on our CS Plats, not on our vanilla Plats which is kind of strange. Usually I see better offers on the vanilla Plats.

FM is reporting some Amex 40th anniversary offers showing up on personal Plat cards. Delta, Hilton, Hertz, JetBlue, and more. For both me and DH, those offers only showed up on our CS Plats, not on our vanilla Plats which is kind of strange. Usually I see better offers on the vanilla Plats.
I have nine of these on my CS Platinum. Nothing too exciting to me to be honest.

Link to elevated SUB
Thanks for the idea, but I think it may be cutting it really too close, as there is only 10 days before we leave. I also find the idea of paying for lounge access (with cash or with points) horrifying, but the idea of sitting in a packed aiport in less than comfortable seating for 4 hours is almost as bad, lol.

I did read online about Dickey's BBQ in Terminal C, so maybe we'll just try to go there and grab a bite and find some place quieter to chill with some charging plugs.

The people (me) yearn for a HawaiianMiles transfer bonus. It's been ages.

Determined not to have a repeat of my December trip to Thailand, I booked an overnight in Chicago for my September trip to Bali. I have a Hyatt certificate that is expiring in October and can't foresee any use for it before then, so used it to book a room at the Hyatt Regency ORD (which gets good reviews on FT). I'm using some of my AA trip credit to get myself to ORD the day before and will drop my bags at the hotel, then take the L downtown for a few hours (the HR has a free shuttle to and from the airport). My flight is at noon on September 9th and I will feel much better being in Chicago the day before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter