I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reddit has a link to the CIU 1.5% card. I can't find it without clicking their link, just still see CIC at 50k points

Remind me of the Amex business card rules please! I’d like for both DH and I to each get the Hilton business card next month. I was approved for CIP on 5/3 and DH was approved for CIC on 5/14. Do I need to wait a full 30 days from each to apply?

Reddit has a link to the CIU 1.5% card. I can't find it without clicking their link, just still see CIC at 50k points

I just saw it on the Chase site! I happened to be in an incognito window, so not sure if that helps or not.

ETA: It's the first option, followed by CIC and then followed by CIP. Interesting when they had CIP first before. Both CIU and CIC have the $500 bonus.

Remind me of the Amex business card rules please! I’d like for both DH and I to each get the Hilton business card next month. I was approved for CIP on 5/3 and DH was approved for CIC on 5/14. Do I need to wait a full 30 days from each to apply?

2/90 for Amex credit cards. Charge cards don’t count.

ETA: have you gotten any Amex credit cards in 90 days? The CIP and CIC won’t be stopping you from approval.

Last edited:

Limit 4-5 Amex credit cards. Limit 2 credit cards approved in a rolling 90-days period. Business credit cards are counted the same as personal credit cards. Charge cards don't count for either rule. Amex doesn't count what you applied for or got from Chase.

2/90 for Amex credit cards. Charge cards don’t count.

ETA: have you gotten any Amex credit cards in 90 days? The CIP and CIC won’t be stopping you from approval.

Thanks! Nope, no Amex cards for me at all. The only one DH has is an old Delta card that is being PCed to a Delta Gold by Amex in June since they’re getting rid of the card he has.

And DH’s new CIC arrived today! He was a Mon approval. And he yelled at for a couple of minutes about how he didn’t want another credit card to track. I think he is over it now.

Yup, mine is here! I’m just going to put it in DH’s wallet. At this point he just uses whatever is in the first slot of his wallet that I put there, other than his CF which he has a “groceries” label for!

Limit 4-5 Amex credit cards. Limit 2 credit cards approved in a rolling 90-days period. Business credit cards are counted the same as personal credit cards. Charge cards don't count for either rule. Amex doesn't count what you applied for or got from Chase.

Thanks! We’ll be working on those MSRs for a while so we’ll be in good shape then.

I just saw it on the Chase site! I happened to be in an incognito window, so not sure if that helps or not.

ETA: It's the first option, followed by CIC and then followed by CIP. Interesting when they had CIP first before. Both CIU and CIC have the $500 bonus.

I just pulled up the CIU offer on the Chase site in Chrome with a new tab in the browsing session I was in.

I just checked ticketmaster and the tickets listed are way more than I paid. In fact the exact tickets for my date are $436 plus fees per ticket. During the presale, I paid $199 plus $11 in fees per ticket.

Are you turning off the "verified resale" seats on Ticketmaster? And I'm sure that the best value seats are gone, but I looked at the first week in April in New York and there are good orchestra seats for $350, which is not a bargain in any absolute sense but is something of a bargain for Hamilton tickets. Chicago is even better -- the Friday after Thanksgiving I could get center mezzanine seats for $157.

.....AND...... if I chose to just use the marriott as points for 160k, that leaves me with 150k Marriott which= 50k SPG....... so essentially if I'm thinking in SPG currency, I'm spending 50k SPG for 70 SWA points. hmmmmm...this is hard...esp.since none of us knows what's going to happen to spg after August 1st (places like Swolphin) for redemption..and if they're still valuable.
Ok. I think I've come to a couple of conclusions for my situation,and I hope I'm not being too annoying by asking further advice on this. I have the 315k Marriott (or SPG). Currently I have 5 nights at Wailea booked for 160k Marriott, and a spring trip booked at Dolphin for 48k SPG. But I had to rethink my options,since I don't think DH wants to do Disney area for a while,until construction stuff is done. So I *think* a smarter option for me is to cancel my Dolphin res :-)sad:) and transfer all the points to marriott, and get the nights and flights package (cat.8, SWA,70k points) This way I can then use my somewhat small stash of Hilton for a spring trip,either Disney, or elsewhere. (probably elsewhere) I don't really value Hilton points (pricey) so I don't mind using them up for this.
So for 310k Marriott + 187k Hilton I get the two trips (hopefully) plus some air points (I'm just about dry on those currently) Any advice? Anything I'm missing? And anyone know how long once I make that call to Marriott before the SWA points can be used? (as a travel hacker, I always have an insane need for further plans in the future,it's a mental illness I think:rolleyes1)

..... Hyatt Hotels look nice too but their card doesn't seem to be that great right now but I know UR's convert to Hyatt..

The Hyatt Card is offering 40k points right? I don't know the official comparison, but to my mind 40k Hyatt potentially has a similar value to 100k Hilton? 120k?

The advantage of Hilton is the number of properties. Hyatts can be harder to find.

Thanks for all the info. I think DH would be good for the CIP. I just went and SM'd Chase to cut limits to $10,000 on his higher cards. Didn't even think of the double dip for CSP/CSR in the fall - will have to think about that one. Am going to read up on the Hilton Offer. I don't know much about their Program and how many points for stays ( I think I finally just figured out SPG/Marriott). Hyatt Hotels look nice too but their card doesn't seem to be that great right now but I know UR's convert to Hyatt.

I could start more with AMEX Business cards - I don't have an MR's so that is a new avenue as well. But your right that I should lay off Chase awhile on my account.

We do usually cancel the SW cards (have churned these many times over the years). Not sure on the AMEX SPG one yet. I just got my free night from the personal card and am using it for a stay near Seaworld in October. Will have to see on this one.

I can help with Hilton. We've stayed at hilton exclusively for the last 10 years...except for the annual wdw resort, of course. :)

Our favorite full service beach resorts run 70k/night in a junior suite. Grand Wailea is is a Waldorf and is 95k/night. Your run of the mill Hampton is anywhere from 30k-40k. There are exceptions, but that is the norm. Sometimes the standard award rates sell out and you could only redeem for the higher reward rate...thats never worth it (see the Christmas Hilton Hawaiian village above I typed for for @wendow).

You get gold with the biz card. Diamond is 30 stays or 60 (I think) nights. DH always hits it by stays pretty early in the year, so not 100% on the nights part.

I know people knock hilton honors but it has treated us quite well. :)

My gift card purchase didn't even go through. The charge was pending and then dropped off. I logged into my Sam's Club account online and it still says processing. I called customer service today and they said all I could do was wait it out or put in a ticket to cancel the order. I just went with canceling. Not sure if I should try again or not. Maybe I will wait to see if anyone gets the credit first.

ETA: ha @pillow we posted at the same time with the same issue!

So this is odd . . . I received both of my Sam's gift card orders today. Still no charges on my credit cards (neither pending nor posted). Also, still shows as processing on the Sam's site. No activation email either. Sigh. Did online chat and they are forwarding the issue to the gift card department so that they can activate the cards. What in the world!?

And DH’s new CIC arrived today! He was a Mon approval. And he yelled at for a couple of minutes about how he didn’t want another credit card to track. I think he is over it now.

For my DH, he apps for all kinds of things he probably doesn't even know about. I want the bonus points. He will only carry 1 card at a time though. Maybe if you don't have your DH carrying multiple cards he wouldn't mind that you are app'ing for them?

So this is odd . . . I received both of my Sam's gift card orders today. Still no charges on my credit cards (neither pending nor posted). Also, still shows as processing on the Sam's site. No activation email either. Sigh. Did online chat and they are forwarding the issue to the gift card department so that they can activate the cards. What in the world!?

Activation email? Is this for e-gift cards? I always order actual cards.

The Hyatt Card is offering 40k points right? I don't know the official comparison, but to my mind 40k Hyatt potentially has a similar value to 100k Hilton? 120k?

The advantage of Hilton is the number of properties. Hyatts can be harder to find.

if u want to do some math...
Hyatt points is worth $.018 per point. x 40,000 = $720 value
Hilton points is worth $.006 per point. x 120,000 = $720 value.

de ja vu for me, i did the calculations for AA 3x dining vs CSP 2x dining and they showed up the same... this shows up the same too... LOL.

DHs CIP came!

Along with my FIVE letters to get my name changed on my Chase cards. There's a line on them where I'm supposed to write my name as I'd like it to appear on the card, and then FAX it in with a copy of my marriage license or driver's license. What is this, 1998?

DHs CIP came!

Along with my FIVE letters to get my name changed on my Chase cards. There's a line on them where I'm supposed to write my name as I'd like it to appear on the card, and then FAX it in with a copy of my marriage license or driver's license. What is this, 1998?
Believe it or not, fax is still highly used in banking. Email is considered to be unsafe. I know it seems wild!

I can help with Hilton. We've stayed at hilton exclusively for the last 10 years...except for the annual wdw resort, of course. :)

Our favorite full service beach resorts run 70k/night in a junior suite. Grand Wailea is is a Waldorf and is 95k/night. Your run of the mill Hampton is anywhere from 30k-40k. There are exceptions, but that is the norm. Sometimes the standard award rates sell out and you could only redeem for the higher reward rate...thats never worth it (see the Christmas Hilton Hawaiian village above I typed for for @wendow).

You get gold with the biz card. Diamond is 30 stays or 60 (I think) nights. DH always hits it by stays pretty early in the year, so not 100% on the nights part.

I know people knock hilton honors but it has treated us quite well. :)
5th night free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter