I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Southwest card do you have? I assume your AF posted on 3/1? When does your statement close next...your anniversary should post with that statement and then you can call and cancel. It's VERY easy to cancel a card - you should definitely ask for a waived AF first but if they say no you can cancel with no hassle. :) Since there are 2 personal and 1 Biz version of the SW card you don't necessarily need to cancel your current card befor applying for a different "flavor". Also you don't need to earn the CP all at once. You could get one SW card now and another 6 months from now...as long as you earn 110,000 SW points in one calendar year you earn the CP for the rest of this year and all of next year.

You're right. The RR points are on my statement, but not in my RR account yet. Is it okay to cancel now or do I need to wait until I see them in my RR account?

Thanks for the info! I currently have the regular Southwest RR card. So it looks like I can apply for the SW Premier card and then cancel my current card.

Any advice on a non-Sapphire card I can get this summer that will earn me UR while I wait to get my CSR next year?
The chase freedom earns UR, you won’t be able to use them for travel, cash back only, but you can transfer them to the CSR/CSP next year when you are ready to apply.

The sign on bonus is $150 for $500 spend, that translates to 15,000 UR.

Thanks for the info! I currently have the regular Southwest RR card. So it looks like I can apply for the SW Premier card and then cancel my current card.

Any advice on a non-Sapphire card I can get this summer that will earn me UR while I wait to get my CSR next year?
Do you have the Southwest Plus card? Was your annual fee $69? There isn't a card referred to as "regular" so I just want to be specific to make sure we aren't steering you astray. Also when did you first apply for this SW card...2017, 2016, or prior to that?

I'd probably make sure the points actually post to your SW RR account before cancelling.

Also the other UR Cards that could make sense are CIP & CIC (business cards) and Freedom & Freedom Unlimited (personal cards). Are you ok with applying for business cards?

Do you have the Southwest Plus card? Was your annual fee $69? There isn't a card referred to as "regular" so I just want to be specific to make sure we aren't steering you astray. Also when did you first apply for this SW card...2017, 2016, or prior to that?

Yes, I have the SW plus. I have had it since 2014.

CyndiLouwho and Calypso and Tink - if you both hadn't given your ages, I had you all as 10 years younger.

Oh, thanks...it must be the Botox :rolleyes:

I also thought SFF was older (sorry, like closer to my age), albort was younger (20s) and CyndiLouwho was younger. If someone mentions retiring or close to, then I think late 50s or 60s, which is super ironic since I sort of retired in my early 40s.

Funny how posts can create an image in someone's mind.

The chase freedom earns UR, you won’t be able to use them for travel, cash back only, but you can transfer them to the CSR/CSP next year when you are ready to apply.

The sign on bonus is $150 for $500 spend, that translates to 15,000 UR.

I think I need to know more about this.. I got my DH the CSR last May. We have gotten the 2 travel credits and I was planning to ask what to PC to when the next AF hits. I have been transferring all of the UR points to my CSR account. If we PC to the Chase Freedom or Freedom Unlimited will I still be able to transfer UR’s or will we only be able to get cash back?

I think I need to know more about this.. I got my DH the CSR last May. We have gotten the 2 travel credits and I was planning to ask what to PC to when the next AF hits. I have been transferring all of the UR points to my CSR account. If we PC to the Chase Freedom or Freedom Unlimited will I still be able to transfer UR’s or will we only be able to get cash back?

Yes you can transfer the points to Reserve super easy. Not any harder than transferring his UR's to your account.

Thanks for mentioning it! I found the invite in my email, signed up, completed my first survey and got the 1000 IHG points! Says it should transfer in about a week so I'll check back then. It was buried in a bunch of junk so I might have missed it. Thanks!

I got this offer as well as one for they're dining program to receive 4000 points when I eat at one of the restaurants on a list...

Go to chase, check for pre-qualified offers and see if you can pull up the Freedom, which is giving 30k UR points for $500 spend. The current public offer is a $150 bonus on $500 spend.
Thank you!
Thank you!

So I did as suggested and checked my credit score through Credit Journey on the Chase website, where I figured out that I am 5/24:upsidedow when I really thought that I was about to become 3/24 in July!

Needless to say there was no 30K Freedom offer there for me. I do have a phenomenal credit score and zero credit utilization.

Based on what I saw versus my memory, and my shaky record keeping, I will be 4/24 in July and 3/24 by the end of this year.

The card I was missing was the Lowes store credit card which I got instore in 2016 when I was doing a bit of a remodel, so I did get a 5% discount for what I put on the card, but if I had met you guys earlier, I never would have signed up for a Lowes card!

And I was reminded that I have a Macy's card. I don't even know where that is! I never go to Macy's anymore and have had the card for well over 10 years. And a Belk's card. I should probably close those two. (My older cards are in the 20 year old range - at least 4 of them.)

My only concern was an address inaccuracy. My ex-husband remarried - twice - and they have me listed as having a former address at 'her' house - twice! They have my real address correct. Probably because both our first names started with the same letter and then the same last name. I get junk mail at my house for her to this day. (Been divorced 25 years.)

So, looks like its time for a 'business' card - in a few months. Maybe June or July when I have spend to put on it coming up.

I got this offer as well as one for they're dining program to receive 4000 points when I eat at one of the restaurants on a list...

I've signed up for both offers but haven't found a restaurant on their list that I go to or really want to go to.

LOL! So you just kept those poor people looking for you! I look for lime mickey heads every time we go but I never see them anymore.

I think I still have one hanging on the fanny pack I don't wear anymore!

small world, im in the residential real estate market as a part timer... mostly doing property management.
speaking of commercial banking, is there an event going on next week? lol. i got a friend in Commercial Banking who has to go to DC or something... lol.
And I also work from home, but I am a mortgage loan processor LOL, similar area still.

I've signed up for both offers but haven't found a restaurant on their list that I go to or really want to go to.

My listing was very limited as well. There were only 4 in my area. Will probably go with the Italian one. Never been there but willing to give it a try for the 4000 points. Lol...

I think I still have one hanging on the fanny pack I don't wear anymore!

And I also work from home, but I am a mortgage loan processor LOL, similar area still.

And I sold real estate part time for about 10 years, before my regular job got so busy that between kids divorce and 2 or 3 jobs something had to give! The real estate world was a mess back then so I let it go. I got my license so I could figure out how to buy a house!

Doesn't your dh have a couple of freedom cards?

Sorry, I thought you were asking about having 2 of the same co-branded cards, like Marriott, IHG, United etc. We've never held 2 of the same co-branded Chase cards. Yes, he does and he is able to max out the bonus on both cards each quarter. I went with the CFU when I PCd the CSP because I struggle to max out the quarterly bonuses on the CF. It made more sense for him to PC his CSP to another CF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter