I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is clear that he profits from the links...however he isn’t clear that he gives biased advice because of the links...haha

On a small scale, I’d equate it to me telling everybody not to get a CIP, CSR, CSP but rather focus on Chase Disney, Freedom, and AMEX Everyday because they are “better”. Of course they aren’t better but I don’t have links for CIP, CSP, or CSR...hmmmm.

I only respect blogs that give unbiased advice. In this game it’s better in my opinion to do the right thing vs the selfish thing. I think DoC fits squarely into this category and I hope everybody sees that the advice I hand out here is absent any personal motives as well :)
Agreed. I didn’t say he is clear that he profits but it is clear to someone reading. Although maybe it isn’t common sense to not believe someone who is selling something. I am in the “believe no one”camp.

Agreed. I didn’t say he is clear that he profits but it is clear to someone reading. Although maybe it isn’t common sense to not believe someone who is selling something. I am in the “believe no one”camp.

Not everyone has common sense.

At some point in my life I started to realize that everyone does not process information the same. I guess it really started to sink in once I had a couple of hundred people to manage and try to keep on a certain track. People will do what you tell them or what they think you told them in some cases.

And with written instruction versus verbal, all bets are off. "But it didn't say that." Meanwhile, you're doing the head palm and trying to get stuff done.

Not everyone has common sense.

At some point in my life I started to realize that everyone does not process information the same. I guess it really started to sink in once I had a couple of hundred people to manage and try to keep on a certain track. People will do what you tell them or what they think you told them in some cases.

And with written instruction versus verbal, all bets are off. "But it didn't say that." Meanwhile, you're doing the head palm and trying to get stuff done.
True. The lack of common sense drives me batty. Especially because I work in healthcare and with resident physicians in training who often have book knowledge yet no common sense.

So speaking of Hawaii...I have discovered the GW on Maui sleeps 4 to a room and they will make an exception for 3 children. We have 3 littles plus a college student. So I need 2 rooms. Uggh. And they give pool wristbands, so I can't smuggle anyone in like we do at the beach in FL. :ssst: Although last year at the beach DH actually told the desk clerk we had 6 in the room. I digress. Also, there is literally ZERO availability for the rest of the year in standard awards. That seems to change often, though. But I don't hold my breath that I will score 2 rooms.
I think I may need to stick with Hyatts then, since 2 rooms is 40-50k/nt total, vs hiltons 140k+. Anyone recommend good Hyatts in Hawaii? Hyatt Regency Maui? Or maybe a SPG hotel...westin Maui? I may need to do 5 nights at 2 diff places to get it all on points...Hyatt using URs and SPG using SPG points. I am also going to look at renting points for a couple nights at Aulani or possibly using UR points there. Since we can do a 1 bedroom, that may end up being less URs than 2 hotel rooms....

Can you go to Kauai at all? We are splitting our upcoming Hawaii stay between Maui and Kauai. Having been
to both before i thought Kauai was stunning. The Grand Hyatt is gorgeous and we will be staying there with
Hyatt free nights. Google the pics.

Booked my Mediterranean cruise! Going out of Barcelona. August 2019 to celebrate my (gulp!) 40th birthday. Used my Arrival for the deposit. Will try to erase as much of that as possible... still have a Disney trip to erase, too.

Sounds great! Which cruise line?

Can you go to Kauai at all? We are splitting our upcoming Hawaii stay between Maui and Kauai. Having been
to both before i thought Kauai was stunning. The Grand Hyatt is gorgeous and we will be staying there with

Yes! We honeymooned there during the blizzard of 1996. Its a beautiful island! Would love to go back at some point.

I will check it out. Thx! Anything is an option if I can do points.

NEW DISchurners SURVEY
This survey is open to anybody who has found our thread here (not just those who have joined our reddit group).

It asks some questions about "support" links, helps rank our favorite programs, and gets an idea of how active we are as "churners".
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZF57SRQ

I'll leave it up for a week or so then post some results for those interested :)

I will check it out. Thx! A agnything is an option if I can do points.
"
If you do decide to do some award/points night at Grand Hyatt Kauai be aware. The first THREE times i called i was told there was
no availibilty for the nights i chose. I just hung up and called again and the fourth time "magically" those nights were open.o_O

So if at first you don't succeed try try again:-)

NEW DISchurners SURVEY
This survey is open to anybody who has found our thread here (not just those who have joined our reddit group).

It asks some questions about "support" links, helps rank our favorite programs, and gets an idea of how active we are as "churners".
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZF57SRQ

I'll leave it up for a week or so then post some results for those interested :)
Just a thought, you might need to add a "0" for number of referrals rec'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter