I made these Mickey Head Ornaments and tree topper!~Share what you've made.

I subscribed to it, b/c I knew i wanted to do it this year fro christmas! :) It was just a matter of finding it! :laughing:

I was the same way. Madelyn is just over 2 weeks old now. The last 4-5 weeks were so hard in the heat, but worth it!

Hang in there!

Keep your mind off of it by making those mini ornaments!

Love the ornaments!!! I've made homemade mickey ornaments the last 2 years and am looking for more cute ideas. I've made the christmas ornaments out of red glass ornaments and white sparkle pom poms..very cute. Last year, I made mickey icon cinnamon dough ornaments along with Wilderness Lodge inspired ornaments out of pine cones. Adorable! They were sooo cheap to make and I loved the cabiny feel to our tree. I am thinking of making more ornaments this year out of polymer clay, but have never used that medium before. keep the posts comming. When I get a chance I will post the ornaments I have made in the past.

I have started on some Mickey icon halloween clay ornaments to decorate a halloween wreath with. Just got finished cutting them out and are painting them.

I'd be very interested in seeing what people have made. Post away and show us your "hidden mickey" talents!

And don't forget to show us those pictures.

How Did You Make Your Ornaments, The Ones With The Pom-poms And Also The Cinnamin Dough Ornaments??? Please Share Your Crafty Ideas. Also, Post Pics If Possible Thanks

Check my thread out. Looking back, I wish my pom poms were a little bigger, his ears look a little small compared to his head!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=975637&referrerid=&highlight=mickey+ornaments

I don't have pics of the cinnamon dough ornaments. If you do a google search for Disney gingerbread ornaments, you will find a mickey head ornament. They loook very similar. I just used a cinnamom dough recipe. Rolled it out between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Then I used my mickey icon cookie cutter and cut them out. I then took a straw and made a hole at the top of mickeys head, that way I could put ribbon through to to hang them on the tree. I placed them on cookie sheets with wax paper to dry. This took a few days. I then decorated some of them with glitter paint and glitter, and the others I just made little red dots with the slick tube paint ( to look like frosting) then hot glued a small red plaid ribbon at the hole where the ribbon went through. I used just a simple thin ribbon to tie them all, that was the hanger for the tree .

These ideas are so cute! I would love to see what everyone else comes up with. I'll be making the styrofoam mickey heads for my Disney tree for sure!

Those are so cute! They look almost just like the ornament we got one year while in the parks. Thanks for the idea!
Ann

These were so easy to make. I made the larger ones first in less than a few hours, then because they were so easy I went on to make the smaller size ones.

Thanks for the nice compliments:goodvibes

I never would have guessed that you didn't buy those at WDW. They look great!!

IS the styrofoam glue a spray or liquid glue? THANKS!!!

The glue is a liquide called styrofoam glue. When I was at JoAnn's it was right next to the styrofoam balls. You could probably eliminate the rods or sticks, but I was just hoping for a little more support.

I never would have guessed that you didn't buy those at WDW. They look great!!

Thanks. That's reallly nice of you to say.:flower3:

Too cute. My tree is all Disney but I'm in need of a new tree topper. I love the one you made. I never would have thought of making one. I made a front door wreath one year instead of buying one but unfortunately it was stolen off my front door. I can't wait to see about making some things for my tree.

That tree looks awesome!!!!!!!!

Question to OP: I've tried using spray paint on styrofoam before, but the paint eats away at the styrofoam......Is there anything special you used?
Thanks!
BTW: I went to Targt today and they're starting to put out their Christmas items. Some of their "specialty" lights are just AWESOME! The ones I liked the most were these silicone starbursts that had a multi-colored light inside, they were supercool.....

Check my thread out. Looking back, I wish my pom poms were a little bigger, his ears look a little small compared to his head!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=975637&referrerid=&highlight=mickey+ornaments

I don't have pics of the cinnamon dough ornaments. If you do a google search for Disney gingerbread ornaments, you will find a mickey head ornament. They loook very similar. I just used a cinnamom dough recipe. Rolled it out between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Then I used my mickey icon cookie cutter and cut them out. I then took a straw and made a hole at the top of mickeys head, that way I could put ribbon through to to hang them on the tree. I placed them on cookie sheets with wax paper to dry. This took a few days. I then decorated some of them with glitter paint and glitter, and the others I just made little red dots with the slick tube paint ( to look like frosting) then hot glued a small red plaid ribbon at the hole where the ribbon went through. I used just a simple thin ribbon to tie them all, that was the hanger for the tree .

These sound really cute! Would love to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter