I need help with which passes to buy...

johnsonet

DIS Veteran
I need advice from people who know their way around the different park pass options.

I am staying at AKL for four nights next month. I plan on visiting parks on 3 different days (in a row, BTW). 2 of those days will be one-park only. The third day I will probably want to park hop. I have a PH with one day remaining on it, as does DD.

Should I buy one-day/one-park passes for the 2 days we are planning to go into parks without "hopping" and use my PH leftover day for Day 3? Or is there some way a UPH purchased at check-in might be cost-effective? Could I apply my PH remaining day to the purchase of the UPH? I do not want to buy another PH and have leftover days.

Thanks!

Hi, liz!

My first reaction is to go ahead and buy the one-day, one-park tickets for the first two days and use the last day of your PHPs for the third day. If you buy the UHP, you'll be paying for stuff you won't be able to use, since you'll only be there a short time and have planned to stay in one park the first 2 days.

I am not sure if you could put the last day toward an UPH if you wanted -- maybe somebody else could clear that one up and if it would be cost effective. I just think you'd be paying for some things you wouldn't use and would lose after your travel dates.

If you do purchase the one-day tickets, be sure to purchase both at the same time, as you do get a discount.

Have a great time!

I'm in total agreement with wickey's friend. If you don't plan to use the water parks, Pleasure Island or WWOS, getting the Ultimate Park Hopper is a waste of money.

Use the two one day, one park passes for your dedicated days (remember you can still leave the park and return later with the one day, one park), and save your one "hopper" pass day for the day you actually want to park hop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter