I need some honest help with finding a job now...

OMG, I take the kids swimmign for the day and come home to see th thread has taken on an aspect I would have never expected:eek::sad2: I think I will just keep out of the marraige debate part of things because so many others here have said it much better than I could.

Sandra--I hope you "catch" our excitement for you. I am sure it is really, really hard getting excited about anything as your relationship ends:hug: I am very, very sorry about that. I HAVE seen some of your previous posts (you are very memorable) and I suspect (as is generally the case) that there is a ton of history with you and Kari that none of us can never fully understand and that you are both hurting. It has GOT to be tough--and scary for you when you do not know where you are going to live, how you will pay the bills, etc. I am so sorry you are going through that fear and the heartbreak of a break up, all the at the same time. I am proud of you for realizing (as you posted early on) that many of your previous job woes were related to your own attitude and being willing to work on that. It is very hard to see these things in our selves and harder yet to look for them when we are hurting emotionally. We are excited for you, because we are removed enough from your fear and heartbreak to be able to see clearly just what a great chance you have to turn things around in your life with the new job and we all know how tough the job market is these days. I was truly afraid you might go several weeks with no offers. Seeing that you made an impression and landed a job this quickly IS exciting. I HOPE you can find a way to feel some of the excitement we feel and project that at work tomorrow. It will be very good for your future if you do.

Also, I can't help but worry about all the information you are putting online. From your posts upthread it sounds like you have people here (or on other boards) who are really paying attention to your posts and giving you a hard time. If that is the case, posting where and when you will be working seems like it could be a dangerous thing to do. Please, as a mom thinking about what I would want someone to tell my daughter, I implore you to go back and remove that information from your posts.

Best of luck tomorrow. Get in there and prove to yourself that you can do this:goodvibes It will make you feel better.

Sandra--I hope you "catch" our excitement for you. I am sure it is really, really hard getting excited about anything as your relationship ends:hug: I am very, very sorry about that. I HAVE seen some of your previous posts (you are very memorable) and I suspect (as is generally the case) that there is a ton of history with you and Kari that none of us can never fully understand and that you are both hurting. It has GOT to be tough--and scary for you when you do not know where you are going to live, how you will pay the bills, etc. I am so sorry you are going through that fear and the heartbreak of a break up, all the at the same time. I am proud of you for realizing (as you posted early on) that many of your previous job woes were related to your own attitude and being willing to work on that. It is very hard to see these things in our selves and harder yet to look for them when we are hurting emotionally. We are excited for you, because we are removed enough from your fear and heartbreak to be able to see clearly just what a great chance you have to turn things around in your life with the new job and we all know how tough the job market is these days. I was truly afraid you might go several weeks with no offers. Seeing that you made an impression and landed a job this quickly IS exciting. I HOPE you can find a way to feel some of the excitement we feel and project that at work tomorrow. It will be very good for your future if you do.

::yes::

had my first two hours of orentation... Ok that looks be spelled completly wrong... Any case. The past couple of days were really unexpected... This is not the time or place to explain. But my sister drove up from st lucie to get me to work on time. I showed up like 3 mins late, i'll blame it on thje stupid light. It's an exciting and scary at the same time. He has high expectations... Which i like in a way because it gives me something to live up to and keeps every one else in line. I always hated the low expectations with kissers to get what they wanted.

Pay is min, which i expected. And hours depend on how hard i work. He schedule those that are good 40hrs, so you know your ranking by that. Plus it seems people like to trade shifts too.

Time to go research the menu... I only eat quesadillas here. But our first week we get a free meal every day to taste what things are.

Thanks for the support. I need it.
Ohh and any one that eats here often, send me a PM wit our name and favorite dish. I have to know at least 20 regulars.

Congratulations...sounds like a fantastic opportunity. Do everything you can to live up to the high expectations and you'll be able to turn this into a good climbing point.

had my first two hours of orentation... Ok that looks be spelled completly wrong... Any case. The past couple of days were really unexpected... This is not the time or place to explain. But my sister drove up from st lucie to get me to work on time. I showed up like 3 mins late, i'll blame it on thje stupid light. It's an exciting and scary at the same time. He has high expectations... Which i like in a way because it gives me something to live up to and keeps every one else in line. I always hated the low expectations with kissers to get what they wanted.

Pay is min, which i expected. And hours depend on how hard i work. He schedule those that are good 40hrs, so you know your ranking by that. Plus it seems people like to trade shifts too.

Time to go research the menu... I only eat quesadillas here. But our first week we get a free meal every day to taste what things are.

Thanks for the support. I need it.
Ohh and any one that eats here often, send me a PM wit our name and favorite dish. I have to know at least 20 regulars.

Great that they let you taste the food!
My Son was a waiter and they NEVER let him taste the food-so he'd just lie and say everything was great;)

Good luck!

wi fi on a phone is so addicting. Thankfully i'm at a free wi fi spot now. So yay i can break away from the real world and the craziness of it.

I think its great he lets us try the different stuff. But i'm also kinda picky about mexican food, that i really don't like most the extra topping stuff. But i will try all the meats, thats the most important part of most the things served there.
And i love the dress code. Jeans.... And a t-shirt. I just need to get more pants, cause
i've outgrown a lot of my old clothing and i can't take kari's stuff anymore. It's crazy though, that means one days worth of pay for each pair. I'm only scheduled right now 3hrs each day for training. But i'll have 6hrs this week and 9hrs next week.
There was one other guy hired with me, but he's got a cheating advantage because he worked for one location that closed down, from lack of business. And this store is the highest volume store in orlando out of 6 or 9 locations. On christmas eve, they did a special for those with the club card thing, any one that had one got a free burrito. Apparently they did 2 days worth of business in 4hrs. That's insane.

I just keep thinking..... I shouldn't be scared... I shouldn't be scared.... Don't be scared.

Once i get everyting settled, i'll start looking for a second job. That way i can figure out the best places close by. It's going to be a nightmare some days as it is, i don't want to double up on craziness of trying to get around. and maybe once my aunt feels confident about my job status, she'll co-sign on a car for me. Maybe if she moves here, she can buy herself a new car and i'll give her what the dealer would as a trade in. It's like 8 yrs old, but still under a 100k miles on it, and runs perfectly, but i hate cars.. I like trucks and vans because of the height thing. But something is better than nothing, and i did drive it 2,000 miles on our road trip... I refused to do the last 1,000 on it back to texas.

I think thats all for now.

Don't be scared. I know it is intimidating right now but just be a sponge. Soak up all the info you can and find somone who you can shadow that will show you the patience to help you learn everything.

Remember that everyone has had to learn and start at the bottom somewhere.

How great of yoru sister do come up and help you get to your first day:goodvibes Hopefully you can find a place to stay near your new work, or near a bus that gets you there.

I am glad it went well. Plan to arrive 15 minutes early from now (so things like lights do not make you late) and meet (or even exceed) those high expectations. You can do it if you put your mind to it.

As long as you have a couple of decent pairs of jeans they should get you through until you have a few paychecks. If you only wear them for the time you are at work you may be able to rewear a pair before washing. You can always wash a pair in the bathtub and hang it to dry and wear the other pair the next day. It is kind of a pain, but it will get you by until you have made enough to get a decent place to stay.

It is great that you get meals the first week. With money being tight that will help you on grocery spending.

Congrats on a successful first day:thumbsup2

well i've finished 3 days so far. The first day I learned how to make the burritos. And I'm actually really good at measuring a scoop. Each meat has certain amount for different things. So every day, you grab out the scale, and test how you're doing. The first couple of times were way off, but now i'm actually hitting it on the mark.

I really need to get used to the heat of the tortillas after coming out of the steamer. I can usually get it out, but by the time I have it over the foil I'm ready to drop it.

I've got the next two days off, and when I go in on Friday, I'll get my first paycheck... woot 6 whole hours.

well i've finished 3 days so far. The first day I learned how to make the burritos. And I'm actually really good at measuring a scoop. Each meat has certain amount for different things. So every day, you grab out the scale, and test how you're doing. The first couple of times were way off, but now i'm actually hitting it on the mark.

I really need to get used to the heat of the tortillas after coming out of the steamer. I can usually get it out, but by the time I have it over the foil I'm ready to drop it.

I've got the next two days off, and when I go in on Friday, I'll get my first paycheck... woot 6 whole hours.

Think of this as a baby step.

How are you getting to work?

Don't think of it as only 6 hours, think of it as your first pay check in a long time and your first step.

Congratulations.

6 hours is a lot better than nothing--and it should turn into more soon.
Thanks for the update:goodvibes I was wondering how it was going.

Keep going - Attitude\ enthusiasm, Manners, Work ethic, It all matters. :thumbsup2

Sounds l;ike you are getting the hang of it!! Don't worry about the heat...soon enough you will have your hands conditioned enough where you will not even notice.

Continue to learn, be eager to learn, and try to always get there on time. The paychecks will get better.

"The asbestos hands of a chef." ::yes::

Sounds like you are off to a good start! Keep on going girl! :thumbsup2

I walk down to the end of our street 1/2 mile. Then hop on a bus that goes to the end of that street, where the 56 (magic kingdom) bus picks up at. Get off at the TTC, take the DTD resort shuttle to the last stop, and then walk the 3-4 blocks to qdoba. My aunt is sending me a check so I can get a month bus pass (4$ a day to take the bus).
It's a pain, but it's the only way to get there. There is no other bus that goes north from 192. I've been showing up 15mins early, and only having to leave 3hrs early. I haven't meet any one that lives remotely close to Kissimmee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter