I need your Disney Wisdom & Input

jalmgiven

Mouseketeer
So as of right now there are no deals for Canadians. Costco Canada has finally come out with package deals. So now it is whether or not to book with Costco or straight thru Disney?

The disadvantage of booking thru Disney instead of Costco is that it will cost me an extra $300 Cdn plus another $150 Cdn in foreign exchange credit card fees.
The advantage to Disney is I have up to 30 days before I travel to get my money back if I have to cancel. Plus, if a better deal comes out, I can modify my reservation.

The advantage to Costco is a savings of $450 plus the 2% cash back I get for booking thru them. The disadvantage is 55% is nonrefundable as soon as I book. Which is the cost of the tickets. Costco said I could get that back from Disney but not guaranteed.

We are not planning on canceling but both our dads are in the mid 80's so one never knows what could happen, though both are in good health.

What would you Disney experts do?

I have heard of ones booking thru Disney and then transferring their reservation to Costco, but I don't understand why one wouldn't just book with Disney to start with. :confused3

Hey @jalmgiven. You might get more traction with this question if you post it on the Canadian forum. Lots of people there with experience with this type of thing.

I would book through Disney to keep your options open . Consider it “trip insurance “. Look for discounts on Disney gift cards to make up some expenses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter