I receive interesting call from Delta Tonight.

shelby2001

<font color=99CC99>Always thought "I'm a Believer"
Delta called tonight regarding my flight from Providence to Orlando for 11-25 and coming home on 12-4-02. We were going to leave at 7:00 am and now the time has been changed to 7:25 a.m and departure was suppose to be 11:40 and it now is 11:10 she asked if these times were ok with me or would I like to re-book my flights to different times. I though this was good customer service on Delta's part and the time difference was so little and these are direct flights that we stuck with these. Is this a usual practice? My flights were changed last time and no one ever asked my opinion.

I got an email on a flight I have in October which had not happened before.

Thanks for the post... I have the same flight out but on the 27th, I knew the flight had changed to 7:25 a.m., but our flight home is Sunday, 12/1 at 6pm and I'm hoping that hasn't changed.... I'm going to call my travel agent tomorrow and make sure nothing has changed.... I know a lot of people are finding out about drastic changes...

For the last two years our flights were changed, if not cancelled, and we had no advance phone call. We periodically checked the flights on the 'net and then made the call to Delta when we saw the changes/cancellation.

It all worked out well though--we booked a day earlier and returning a day later without a penalty or change fee! ;)

I'm with Tess, no contact whatsoever. After 9/11 our flights changed completly. At one point our connecting flight left earlier than our first leg departure. Another time our return flight gave us 20 min. to connect (which they don't allow). Delta did not contact me. I check my flights weekly online and I initiated all the phone calls. Delta did say they would have called me once the dates got closer.

We are on Delta flights on October 31st at 7:00 am and returning on November 10 at 6:00 pm from PVD. I haven't received any phone call from Delta telling me that my times have changed. My PVD departure times is now 7:25 am and my MCO departure time is 6:05 pm (I am not sure what my original time was for this leg).

One thing they did tell me was we only have to be at the airport about 1 hour prior to departure instead of 2 hours.

Anyway, I am glad Delta called you to inform you of the change.

Lisa

well, one hour is good... considering we're leaving at 7:25 a.m. I wasn't looking forward to being AT the airport at 5:30 ish in the morning... we'd have to be up at 4:30 ish!! At least now, we can sleep in a few extra minutes... although I will PROBABLY be up at 4:30 anyway and pacing anxiously & raring to go!! We're staying at the Radisson across the street from PVD, so at least we won't have a long commute!
thanks for the post!

Delta notified us of minimal time changes(10 minutes earlier) by phone for our July trip. Actually they called twice. Once left a message and the second time called to confirm that we got the message.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter