I will never use mears again

spruce

DIS Veteran
We will only use a towncar service in the future. Mears from MCO wasn't too bad(sure), we waited 30 minutes for a van that stopped at 3 other hotels before we were dropped off at our resort. On the return to MCO we boarded a bus 3 hours and 40 minutes before our plane was to leave. we had no additional stops and were at the airport over 3 hours before our flight at the opposite end of the airport from our check in counter. Both ways was a terriable waste of time, a limo service would have picked us up when we wanted and dropped us off at the right terminal.......spruce

You're right.

On recent trips I have rented a car. If there are several in your party, Mears won't save you money either.

Funny that Mears does so much Disney business but hasn't come up with Disney expresses that don't stop at red lights on International Drive both to and fro.

More Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

AMEN!!!
When we were Disney newbies, we used Mears because that's who they sent discount coupons for. We didn't realize there way any other way...we thought stopping at multiple hotels was the norm. Then one day we were intercepted by Transtar while heading to the Mears counter...they offered to honor our coupon and said they had a van leaving that had our hotel as the first stop. Better, but still not ideal. Then we finally discovered the wonderful world of towncars (we are too lazy to rent a car). Now we use Happy Limo for our MCO to WDW and MCO to Port Canaveral runs. Mears was good for going from WDW to Universal/IOA tho'. We left early enough on those runs so that we didn't mind stopping at other hotels, and by the end of a long day at Universal, we are too tired to care!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We love TTC. They picked us up on time, helped with the luggage, stopped for a supermarket visit, and took us right to our hotel. The return trip was just as good. Pricewise, the four of us saved money and time!:bounce: :wave:

too bad transtar is out of business at least temporarily ( at ;least it was when we were there in december ).....although the "person in charge" got to express his concerns to president bush who was there in december at the convention center when we were there...

it turns out.( from an investigative news station )....the company was not just reeling from 9/11 but also from some over extension and he was not really eligible for assistance....even though the president went out on the limb to say he "dislikes the bureaucracy" people have to go through to get HELP.....transtar was "not really" eligible and that is why the hold up on their application....

I tell you the same as the others, the web is a wonderful place look under disneytranspoartion or orlando transpotaition you will allways find good services geared to serve you.

We used Mears last July. It was the worst service I have ever seen. We had a group of 16 so we were on a bus. I had to tell the bus driver how to get from the airport to Beach Club. On the way back to the airport, the bus driver tore my suitcase. They did nothing about our complaints. We will never use them again.

We used Mears last January, because our traveling friends wanted to. :rolleyes: fine.
The driving service was not bad. We really didn't wait long and there was one other stop at a resort going to CSR.
Leaving was worse, with longer and more stops. Very full load when we were done. But we arrived at MCO in plenty of time.
My main complaint is they were not helpful in any manner. And I don't think any of them could have smiled. (They must just LOVE their jobs.) And trying to get any information from them was hard. People of few words. You better know half of the answer already if you are asking them a question.
At least they got us there and back.

I too have converted from mears to towncar service. On our last trip TTC picked us up and dropped us off on time. The drivers were friendly, helpful and even knew the people at curbside check-in which helped us get rid of our bags quickly when we returned to MCO. Not to mention being able to pick up snacks at the grocery store. Its towncar service every trip for us from now on.

TTC is the way to go.

I've tried taxi, rental car and Tiffany Town Car.

TTC is the way to go! Door-to-door service when you want it.

Has anyone noticed whether Mears drivers get their biggest tips at the first stop, then smaller and smaller

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter