I wish it was WDW instead trippie - UPDATED WITH MORE PICS!

dead jealous on 2 counts - the amazing views and that massive cookie!

I so admire your get up go and love of trying things, wish I was half as brave and gutsy as you. Callum's a lucky lad.

Amazing trip Carol....... but you wouldn't get me on that thing .... even with a hunky Canadian Mountie at the other end !!

Love your piccies too !

Carol

Wow what a fantastic day you had - loving the wonderful photos.

Not sure I would have the nerve to do the zip trekking but then having seen your photo of DK I think he could tempt me on there!!!;)

Can't wait to read more

Tam

Wow, your brave thing you, however with 2 fine hunks like that to help you, I would give it a go myself;)

Fantastic photos hon, really enjoying this, what an experience:thumbsup2

Wow, your brave thing you, however with 2 fine hunks like that to help you, I would give it a go myself;)

you should have seen the rear views Sue - those harnesses are definately worth investing in;) :lmao:

we have to catch the train back to Van this afternoon so spend the morning watching mentalist mountain bikers throw themselves off the top of huge hills.

another wonder around the town but I refrain from buying much as I'm desperate to get to Tiffanys in Vancouver.

14:00 we get picked up from the hotel and ferried back to the station for our return journey (same stunning scenery but in reverse).
won't post any pics of it as I'm sure you're as much scereryed-out as me)
back to Vancouver for 18:00 and dropped off at the Renaissance Harbourside, this was supposed to be our luxury stop as our last night but after the penthouse suite upgrades, it didn't make too much of an impression.
a dash up robson street for callum to buy gameboy games in HMV and me to gaze longingly at more shoes and boots that i really can't afford (although picked up some lovely undies in La Vie En Rose and a great top in Bebe). - no, Ian before you ask, I won't be posting pics of my nice new knickers:lmao:
Tiffanys didn't have anything much to inspire me - I must be losing my touch! so we ate heartily and retired for our last night.

Day 16: back to the airport and overnight flight home

Lovely photos, the zip trekking looks so much fun. I'd love to have a go at it.

as promised more pics:

226.jpg

another view of the rocky mountaineer

082.jpg

callum getting up close and personal with a stuffed bear in Whistler

071-1.jpg

Athabasca Falls

054.jpg

Athabasca River

052.jpg

me and my boy again at Lake Louise

051.jpg

Chateau lake louise

039.jpg

boat dock at maligne lake

035.jpg

my balancing act at Maligne

034.jpg

callum climbing the rocks at maligne

029.jpg

bow valley river

027.jpg

elk in woods at banff

019.jpg

callum and I at the top of banff mountain

018.jpg

very hazy view of banff from top of mountain

012.jpg

another hazy view

011.jpg

squiggle in tree

007.jpg

fairmont banff springs hotel

005.jpg

callum representing his country at the Winter Olympic park

004.jpg

the Cool Runnings actual bob sled

003.jpg

callum and I on the ski lift

002.jpg

view from the top of the ski lift

AND TURN AWAY NOW IF YOU'RE OF A SQUEAMISH DISPOSITION:
232.jpg

CALLUMS CHEROKEE TALKING STICK (OTHERWISE KNOWN AS DEAD-DOG-ON-A-STICK)

Great pictures Carol - especially love the ones in Maligne - the canoe one in particular. Don't like the look of Callums dead dog on a stick - yuck tell him not to bring it to any DIS meets please

Tam

Fab photos & the report. I may have to organise a trip out to Canada very soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter