"I wouldn't fly to the US at the moment"

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT CANCELLED HER HOLIDAY WHICH WAS JUST AFTER 9/11 AND WAS HORRIFIED THAT I WAS NOT DOING THE SAME.
NO WAY!! IF IT'S MY TURN TO GO WITH AN ALMIGHTY BANG, AT LEAST I WOULD HAVE A GREAT SUN-TAN!!:jester:
I WAS ALSO IN FLORIDA LAST YEAR ON 9/11, AGAIN I WAS CONSIDERED MAD FOR GOING A DAY BEFORE THE ANNIVERSARY.
YOU CANNOT PUT YOUR LIFE ON HOLD FOR WHAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPEN.
THE SECURITY WAS ENOUGH REASSURANCE FOR US.
THE GUYS SEARCHING THE BAGS IN THE PARKS WERE GREAT AND MY BOYS COULDN'T WAIT TO GO AND BE "SEARCHED!" EACH DAY AND ALWAYS TOOK THEIR HATS OFF FOR THEM TO HAVE A GOOD LOOK IN!!
:p :p :p :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :p :p :p
LIN

We are off in two days,its really dragging now. I do feel a bit apprehensive, but then I was ill on the last flight over there so I'm generally not as relaxed as I could be!

We go in 12 weeks - and it would take something pretty drastic for us to change our plans.

We are flying via Heathrow - and I think that is the part of the journey that is making me slightly more anxious. But I do believe that security is probably at it's best.

My Granny always had a saying, " What's for you won't go past you....."
and as Doris Day sang Que sera sera.........

Cath

Me and DB are going to orlando on 24 august and we cant wait - we last went 3 weeks after 9/11 and got "loads of stick" and people (jealous ones!) laughing at us for going - we are not even batting 1 single eye lid this time. 2001 was stressful before we went but we werent prepared to lose all our money, so we went any way and had an amazing time. We just spent more money phoning home cos family were so worried - especially when the press here made a big deal about the anthrax scare whilst we were in florida.

HAVE FUN - DONT LET THE TERRORIST GET THE BETTER OF US!!

(there's more chance of getting run over by a car!)

:p

xxx

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT IF'S
TODAY I WENT TO PICK DH UP FROM WORK AND HAD A CAR CRASH.
I'M STILL HERE BUT MY POINT IS- YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT'S AROUND THE CORNER AND IS THERE ANY POINT IN DWELLING ON WHAT MAY HAPPEN.
YOU MIGHT AS WELL STOP GOING OUT-YOU MIGHT GET MUGGED
MURDERED, RUN OVER BY A BUS, TRIP AND BUST YOUR HEAD ETC ETC ETC.
LIFE IS FOR LIVING AND WDW MAKES IT THAT MUCH MORE FUN!!
OMG DON'T I GO ON?!!!:jester:
LIN

Another "Village Idiot" who will go, come what may!

I wish more people were of the same opinion as you lot.

I have just started a new job working in a brand new travel agents in London and there's very few customers about.

I myself have got 2 holidays already booked for this year. I think you need holidays to look forward to in this time of doom and gloom!!! :D

We flew out 9 days after Sept 11th-and for once I was so full of bravado my fear of flying actually diminished.
When we go back in May it will be my 7th visit since Sept 11. Like Harry the Spider-they didn't stop me from going in February and nothing is going to stop me next month.

I had 4 lots of friends fly out on Wednesday and everything was fine.

I speak to my manager weekly and he has never noted anything untoward happening.

Alison

As an American I find this thread pretty interesting. I just returned from a 14 day holiday to Disneyland California and Hawaii. I met a lot of Americans in Hawaii who changed their plans at the last minute from a European destination to Hawaii. Why? They were afraid to go to Europe becuase of the war. Personally, I thought they were nuts. Unfortunately for the European tourist industry they are not the only ones who are changing their plans for a "local" vacation. Hawaii's occupancy rates were way up for the last two weeks. I suspect that WDW will eventally feel the same effect.

It's probably the best time to go, the crowds won't be so bad. Somehow I don't think the war is going to deter the Spring Break crowds at WDW. :rolleyes:

Sorry I'm late in joining this discussion but I was busy having a brilliant time in Disneyworld! Got back yesterday, safe and sound no problems whatsoever. If we had cancelled we would have lost the cost of our holiday and spent a miserable 2 weeks at home. As it was, we had a fantastic time - I'd go back again next week if I could.

Ali

Originally posted by rob@rar.org.uk
My only concern is that we might find excessive levels of American patriotism to be a little wearing. Not that there's anything wrong with American patriotism, but it's just not the British way of doing things ;)

I don't think you'll get that crammed down your throat like you would have after 9/11 - all surveys to the contrary, there are still quite a few of us against the war and feeling less than proud of ourselves right now.

About the only thing you will see are lots of "Support the Troops" signs because we've hopefully at least learned SOMETHING since we got out of Vietnam... It's not their fault!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter