Ice cream social booked?

Ethan's dad

Mouseketeer
Does it seem odd that the ice cream social is totally booked the entire week we are there (Nov 6-12)? We've been calling since over 60 days out, and even now within 30 days it's still totally booked. In the past it hasn't seemed crowded at all! Is it much more popular recently?

Does anyone think it's worth a try to just show up and see if we can get in while we're there?

I booked the Ice Cream Social for our Thanksgiving trip. I was under the impression that they make the sundaes ahead of time so you would need a PS. I know I have until 48 hours prior to cancel, you may try then to get a PS.

Jan :sunny:

I, too, will be there from the 7th- 13th. I called about 4 weeks ago and was unable to get PS for the Ice Cream Social. However, when I called last week, I was able to get in at 3:10 on the 9th. Not the day we were planning on being in Epcot, but we are excited just the same.

My advice, keep trying and ask for any seating time available.

Good Luck!

p.s. I have an Ethan, too.

I booked for the 12th last week and they had 2 available times that day (2:50 and 3:10).

I'd keep trying-- it seems openings come and go.

The ice cream social only runs for a short time so there aren't too many slots. Its not unlikely that word has spread and its become more popular.

We have six people in our party. We were first told that there were no table available on our day. Later on the CM realized that there was no table for six available, but plenty of smaller tables there, so we booked two tables without any problems.

Good luck!

Ling

Thanks for all the replies. We did get a booking for the 12th (our last day there), not the day we wanted, but it should work. The only problem was we were trying to get the BBQ for that night, but that also has been booked solid!

We have a big party (7), so I wouldn't be surprised to have the two-tables issue, but each time I've called they've said they are "completely sold out."

Oh well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter