Ideas for Adults Only at Disneyland

doindisneyagain

Earning My Ears
In July of this year my husband, myslef, my brother-in-law and his wife are heading to CA for 5 days/4 nights at disney. The kids are staying home :cool1: -- it's our 10 year anniversary. We've been to Disneyworld 3 times, but never without the kids. We've never been to Disneyland. Any suggestions for stuff we should do or see?

Thank you for your help.

We celebrated our 3rd anniversay there 9 years ago (pre kids) and it was so romantic. Definately eat lunch or dinner at the Blue Bayou restaurant in POTC. If you can afford a splurge, I would do the Fantasmic! desert buffet on the balcony overlooking New Orleans Square to watch Fantasmic! (which is better at Disneyland!). In New Orleans Square - you can have a pastel picture made of the 2 of you for a very reasonable price. There is a mini-vineyard in CA ADV that has a wine tasting and a program called "Seasons of the Vine" that explains all about vineyards and wine production. There is also a restaurant there that's quite nice! I think.... (I've never stayed there) that there is a spa in the Grand Californian - can anyone give them info on that? - you could have a couples massage! What else...... there are probably so many others I'm not thinking of!

Everyone so far has stressed to me that if you want fine dining esp. for adults only trips, Napa Rose is the place to go (in GCH). My husband and I had a great time with tapas (appetizer plates) and beverages of the alcoholic kind over at UVA Bar which is at the center of DTD. The vibe is very relaxed, chic, and lively especially with all the stores and restaurant lights on at night. House of Blues has some events every so often with bands playing or having a club night.

If you are looking into more in-the-park activites, I second the Blue Bayou lunch or Dinner and Fantasmic Dessert Buffet (which will be about 53 bucks per head). If you wanted to splurge even more maybe you can take a limo around LA/Hollywood area..do a Stars Tour (not to be confused with the ride Star Tours hahah)...but this is about 35-40 mins away from anaheim (give or take traffic). But if strictly disney, there is so much to do. Spa treatments for the ladies while guys enjoy ESPN Zone for beer and sports! Trust me, my husband and I have so much fun every time we go!

I'm quite excited to do the "adults only" thing on our trip to DL. Of course, we are adults who are children at heart and we'll probably do our fair share of Fantasyland, but it will be nice to go eat and talk about US for a change. :flower:

Thanks for the ideas! The limo ride around Hollywood kind of sounds neat - might have to check into that. We are kids at heart too, so I'm sure just being at disney is going to be fun. I keep hearing about Blue Bayou - I think we are going to have to check that out. I'll check into the Napa Rose too.

Will you have a car ??

Why not head over to Laguna Beach some early afternoon.
Beautiful beach town well known for their art gallerys. You could do some shopping and then head over to 'Splashes' which is at the 'Surf & Sand Resort.'

This place is one of the best places to sit over cocktails and watch the sunset. The 'Surf & Sand' has their own website & there are pictures which will entice you I'm sure.

Laguna Beach is probably 30 to 45 min from Disneyland depending on traffic.
It's an easy drive.

I would suggest the J. Paul Getty Museum in L.A. only $7 to park with free admission. A world class collection and you can't beat the price.

Also love the Napa Rose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter